Viewsat platinum help

Bronze Member
Username: Pegg

Post Number: 23
I've Echo 7 and Echo 3. Echo 3 is working perfectly ok with 99% signal strength and echo 7 is giving no signal at all. My dishes are mounted on the roof of the building and are securely attached. Any ideas what might be the problem?

Silver Member
Username: Mc_sunny

Post Number: 520
Go into antenna setup and check ur setting if they are right or tell us the setting for both sat u have...Plus u need to give some more info, are u using a switch wut kind etc etc..

Silver Member
Username: Jenifer_contreras

Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 356
when it's raining outside my Direc tv and DN down!

Bronze Member
Username: Nfl

Post Number: 83
IF YOU DONT GET SIGNAL, THEN YOUR DISH IS OUT OF ALIGNMENT FOR THAT SATELLITE. IF YOU GET 80% AND UP QUALITY, YOU STILL BE OKAY WHEN IT'S RAINING. DN DOESN'T GO DOWN WHEN IT RAIN

Silver Member
Username: Jenifer_contreras

Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 357
my echo3 does.

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 4800
Of course DN or ANY satellite provider will go down in rain, depending on cloud cover..get real!...these are satelite signals that get interference from weather/clouds and physical obstacles..

Bronze Member
Username: Nfl

Post Number: 84
DN doesn't go down when it rain....it's your sorry azzz dish alignment couldn't get the sign from the satellite. Like I said, if you set up with good quality on a sunny day, you should be fine in the rainy weather. Unless the cloud cover your town like a total eclipse and pouring an inch/hr. I have no problem with rainy day. something wrong with yall dish alignment.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4803
Dude ...U are clueless!...stick to football, MAYBE U just might know more about that!...because U couldn't know any LESS about DN and satellite signals, based upon your ignorant posts here..and I am NOT being rude, just factual..

what U are saying in a football comparison statement is that...in the NFL, there are 45 players on the playing field and the object is to score as few points as possible, and the best team in the NFL is the New York Islanders!....do U know how ridiculous that sounds!, well its no more untrue than your DN and rain posts..

Bronze Member
Username: Pegg

Post Number: 24
My settings for both dishes are same except the switch port (2 for echo 3 and 3 for echo 7). LNB power is on. Frequency is 1050. 22KHZ is off. The level I have is always 45-65%. I've been using these settings for the past 6 months. Echo 3 is always good even in rain. Echo 7 always lost in bad weather. Echo 7 lost initially due to weather a couple of days ago but signals did not come back even though weather has improved. The diseqc switch I am using is 950-22000 mhz with lnb 1-4 ports printed on it. Went up on the roof, removed switch, attach echo 7 directly to the cable coming to receiver but did not get any signals.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4811
Your frequency should be 11250...your setting is wrong..should look like this, but the LNB type may differ id using legacy LNB's..and port setings may differ..

Echostar 7 119.0W
LNB Power ON
LNB Type OCS-DP (Dish pro) or standard for legacy LNB's
LNB Freq. 11250
22KHz OFF
TP Freq. 12224
DiSEqC 1.0 port 2 (depends on what u actually have connected in switch
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us