Lk questions for u, plz do answer them..thanks

Silver Member
Username: Mc_sunny

Post Number: 114
Alot of ppl here want to know these questions..so i thought might ask u.. that will be the best way to get some good answer.

i have fortec life time reciever n also dishnetwork 301 reciever which use to run on Atemga black card..now both are not working since so long...will there be a fixed for my recievers ??? Another thing if i wanna to buy a new reicever ..if there is no fix...which one should i buy ??? Rom 102 and some other card is working as well now..should i buy rom 102 or best will be the cardless reciver.

Silver Member

Post Number: 120
bump

Silver Member
Username: Djsmith

Canada

Post Number: 317
Mc sunny .... I bought a Viewsat extreme it is working so far .. not sure how long tho .. You can wait for a fix for your fortec. But dont except one soon... To many rumors but no fix yet.
LK has mentioned in the past that rom 102 cards are working but that isn't written in stone either..You take a chance with what ever you try. Enjoy what we have right now...true FTA

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 4147
aahhh...Viewsat, Sonicview, Buzz, Co*olst w readers, Captiveworks w card sharing, Dreambox w card sharing and Neosat 1000 w net sharing, are NOT watching TRUE FTA....U all are watching hacked DN and Bev! ...and all othere are not watching TRUE FTA either cause they can still get their locals too..

TRUE FTA will ALWAYS be here and on many satellites, but thats costly to have many LNB's and dishes but will be forever...plastic is not forever ...sub sharing is forever...hacked cardless FTA will be the shortest lived....so U decide how much effort and money U want to spend, then decide which way to go...I do the DTV sub sharing with FTA as a hobby and tinker with plastic..as far as hacking plastic will last the longest..

Silver Member

Post Number: 121
Thank you guys...so i guess best is rom 102 for me i will go with that.. wonder how much is it right now ??

Gold Member

Post Number: 4152
U will invest about $500 to start..Free TV is never FREE..

Gold Member

Post Number: 4153
U can share a Platinum (best) sub cheaper than that for 1 year..but NO PPV's...but netflix is only $15 month..I pay less than 500 a year for plat sub, netflix and NFL ticket shared..and TV NEVER goes down!...so if U want CHEAPEST TV, there ya go...if U want a hobby , then do either FTA or plastic..

Silver Member

Post Number: 122
Thanks...i just need the card so it must be around 100s ?

Username: Rith

Post Number: 8
Hello LK, can you plz tell me about DTV sharing? do you have to have a telephone line connected to every DTV box in each room in order to view a PPV movie?? your help is appreciated

Thanks In advance

Gold Member

Post Number: 4154
U have no phone line plugged in...and U order the PPV ONLINE at DirectTV.com and use the account owners login and password....all PPV's ordered will appear on all receivers on the shared subscription..(this is called "mirrored")

Username: Taku420

Post Number: 8
dude...LK...u gotta help me out.....
i got this superdish 121.....its pointed to azimuth of 255 degrees.....i get 93% signal to 110, 119, 121, 157, 148. But when i scan them, I get exactly same channels on everyone...I get some of the local channels starting with "W---" and CNNAV. What do you think i should do?? please answer.. thanks.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4155
I think U better learn how to align each LNB correctly...and configure the antenna settings in receiver correctly..(LNB's, disque switch ports etc)

Silver Member
Username: Johnner

Miami, Florida

Post Number: 518
(disque switch ) Problem! Pick the right LNB to the right SAT!

Silver Member
Username: Totaldikguy

Post Number: 124
Your Error: Dish not focused correctly, thus, not picking-up all channels
-SuperDish-121 is for 110, 119, 121 sats
-110 & 119 are dish pro LNBs
-121 is standard LNB (make sure to set to 10750 GHz)
-Use DP34 , DPP44 multi switch preferrably
diseqc 1.0 switch is OK too (like pansat brand)

How to focus:
-Aim for 119 sat.
-Once focused to 119, FINE tune the 121.
-CLUE: 121 is VERY close to 119. So make sure to mark your 119, just in case you loss all sigs, and start from scratch. Fine tunning 121 requires very very very minimal adjustment from 119. 121 will not have as HIGH signal as 119 & 110.
NOTE that 119 and 121 s are only 2 degrees apart.

ONCE 121 IS FINE TUNED, THE REST FOLLOWS, AND DO NOT RE-ADJUST THE DISH ANYMORE. YOU WILL NOT GET BETTER SIGNAL THAN WHAT YOU HAVE. 121 WILL HAVE THe WEAKEST SIGNAL AMONG THE REST, BUT YOU SHOULD BE OK.

***THE 93% you mentioned does not really mean anything.
***Having signal while focusing to 119 does not mean you had hit the 119 bird, which is the COMMON mistake setting up the SD-121.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us