Projector and specs???

Silver Member
Username: Xdrummer03

Tenessee

Post Number: 283
I was looking at matching screens and projectors.I read in another thread that the greater the gain the brighter the screen.How is that possible that a 1.8gain screen makes the screen 80% percent brighter.That would make a 1,000 ansi lumens screen into a 1800 ansi lumens so it would show up nicely like a computer projector made for well lite rooms.Also what is the throw range mean when the numbers are like 1.59-1.97:1 ? So if this true.Is the only difference between a home theater projector and computer projector is contrast?Because i know some of the computer projectors have low resoluton but some have a high resolution but low contrast.How does the bulb life compare to a rear projection tv cause i see most front projectors are rated about 3,000 hours.I was watching a projector setup the other day and i could the grid on the screen.It is a low lighted room ,the screen was 106, and i was sitting about 11-13ft away.The projector was 3-4 feet behind me. Seem like a screen door effect but the proector was a last years model Mitsubishi projector.

Bronze Member
Username: Cerebus

Post Number: 11
Sitting 11-13ft back about the biggest screen you would want is 92 inch diagonal if you wanted to ensure no screen door effect. Go to http://www.projectorcentral.com/Optoma-H27-projection-calculator-pro.htm and this will give you the recommeneded seating distance from screen size for just about all makes of projectors. Bulb life is estimated at 2000 hours normal mode and 3000 hours econo mode.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us