The Future of FTA

Silver Member
Username: Ajdarwin

Post Number: 132
Based on the idea that Pirate TV is over, what do you see as the future of FTA? What can we do to influence the direction it takes, and what is our vision of what we as legitimate consumers desire? We have great technology, great expertise, and a huge customer base, what do we do now?

Gold Member
Username: The_wank_artist

Post Number: 1414
We go away for the weekend and enjoy the summer.
Later!

Silver Member
Username: Birdwatcher

Post Number: 143
FTA IS DEAD, FTA IS DEAD, FTA IS DEAD,FTA IS DEAD
FTA IS DEAD, FTA IS DEAD, FTA IS DEAD,FTA ISDEADFTA IS DEAD, FTA IS DEAD, FTA IS DEAD,FTA IS DEADFTA IS DEAD, FTA IS DEAD, FTA IS DEAD,FTA IS DEADFTA IS DEAD, FTA IS DEAD, FTA IS DEAD,FTA IS DEADFTA IS DEAD, FTA IS DEAD, FTA IS DEAD,FTA IS DEADFTA IS DEAD, FTA IS DEAD, FTA IS DEAD,FTA IS DEAD

Silver Member

Post Number: 133
Maybe a website that deals with FTA only, not Pirate TV may be a first step. Listing favorite stations and programs that are broadcast, etc on a daily or weekly basis may be a good start. Just a thought. And the summer is great, here in the mountains. Enjoying my last weekend before school starts back.

Bronze Member
Username: Pu239_enema

Post Number: 26
You confuse me a bit with this post Joe...
There's nothing to do as legitimate consumers regarding FTA (if u are using the acronym for what it means), FTA is there as we speak, ready to be tapped and many of us are tapping it, not a whole lot to change about it, if anything...

Start getting bigger dishes and aim them for FTA sats, promote the use of true FTA among friends and everyone you know and soon enough we'll be boycotting the monopoly giants cable/satellite tv mofos are, their prices are over inflated and only get higher every year...

Silver Member

Post Number: 134
Well I have seen the advent of the C band era, and how it grew, I think that the Ku band satellite days will provide a greater opportunity than even the C band. More people, smaller dishes, much better equipment, all spell the possibility of improved FTA for everyone. The customer base that the Pirate TV community represents if harnessed correctly could launch Ku into a legitimate alternative to the Pay TV providers we have now, soon to be just one, Dish/Direct or whatever they call it.

Silver Member
Username: Mybig_willie

Post Number: 162
Not to mention 999 channells and theres nothing on.Watch more on G10R that anything else.And ssscrrrew them prices.

Bronze Member
Username: Pu239_enema

Post Number: 29
Are cable tv companies and satellite tv providers greedy azz mofos or what? i understand that they would want to scramble/encrypt their premiun content, HBO's, PPV's, adult content and all the channels without commercial ads etc, but why can't they freely broadcast all the other crap or at least a part of it, like say the local channels, heck they can sell the receivers to peeps that want to get the free stuff only and charge them installation etc and make money that way, not to mention they'll have the ability to expose potential customers to their paid content by broadcasting ads on those free channels and let peeps buy their casual PPV events etc... i think they would make more money that way and actually save a ton since they wont have to worry that much about card replacement, new hashes etc to stop pirate usage.

Yes i maybe looking at the wrong picture here and they can't open up that much in order to stay afloat, but seriously, these pr1cks are making billions a year, they can afford to give back to their customers a little

Silver Member
Username: Mybig_willie

Post Number: 167
Drives me crazy is how one network advertises for another.Im sold and subscribing for tv and still have to watch the providers commercials.I dont want to buy no more.There worst than the phone company.

Username: F1lover2222

Post Number: 4
Long Live FTA!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey these bass tards are invading my air space so why not!

Bronze Member
Username: Cableboxtv

Post Number: 22
FTA lives! The Neosat ipro 1000 is working 100%. They've opened up pay and local channels.

I guess my other receivers are going to be dead for awhile but I'll use them in other rooms later I guess.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us