Bronze Member
Username: Rkanak

Post Number: 81
coo*lsat fix with rom 102 at al7bar dot tk

http://forums.al7bar dot tk/showthread.php?p=968989#post968989

Bronze Member
Username: Dailce

Post Number: 16
Yeah it's true Cool*sat has done it again. Although I don't own a rom102 and I don't have a card reader in my system, I really hope they come out with an easier fix, I'd hate to dish out more money for additional accessories.

======================================
COOL*SAT6000 NORW v124 07-19-2006
The implementation of some unknown maprom routines from deep inside the rom102 has made it necessary
To "slave" or "aux" the card similar to what was done with emulation during the H and Hu days.

This is being done while a cardless solution is worked on.

While we know that not everyone has an "open" Rom102 to aux, the Cool*Sat hackers decided that at least a partial solution is better than no solution.

Borrowing some test code from a very talented card coder (We will leave his/her name out for anonymity sake)
We have implemented an "aux" card that is completely safe from the stream so there are no worries about the Card receiving any damage from malicious code.

Testers can get this working now by writing the "AuxCard.bn102" to an open rom102 and inserting it into a
Cool*Sat receiver that has a card slot that is active, along with reprogramming the stb with our new code.

The Cool*Sat hackers that collectively hacked the box and have now implemented an "aux" card want the folks with Cool*Sat receivers to know that if there is a way to provide a solution, short or long term, it WILL be done.
Enjoy life, enjoy each other, and now, enjoy some TV.

================================================

Bronze Member
Username: Kashif4u

Post Number: 76
Where can we get the Rom 102 card and what r the steps to activate the card rom 101 feature in cools@t5000

Bronze Member
Username: Rkanak

Post Number: 84
you cannot use rom 101 card.. you will need 102 for latest ecm... they are around 100 $ right now(if you are lucky to get one) plus you will need iso programmer to program the card about 60 $... i would suggest you to wait for few more days and let the things settle down, cus norw-group said that rom 102 fix is just a temp one, till the get the solution for fta... its a positive sign that coo*sat managed to get some fix for fta...

Silver Member
Username: Turnon

Post Number: 102
Kash, I don't know much about cards.
But here is what I know.
This will run you about $200-$300 and a lot of reading !!
$300 sounds like 4 months or more of DN, without ECM.

Bronze Member
Username: Tritip

Post Number: 30
Good post Kash, I'm also wanting to know if our cool sat 5000's card slot is ready to accept a rom102 card. Also what are the steps to getting the card set up? You can buy a rom102 card here http://www.freetoairdish.com/Receivers.htm

Silver Member
Username: Turnon

Post Number: 103
rajesh, I don't know if it's a positive sign.
I mean to me that says, we cant fix it and we cant write a new bin, so go buy this and that.
After you spend $300 and do a lot of reading don't forget to enjoy TV !!!

Silver Member
Username: Hardrockstriker

Post Number: 283
Rom102 for FTA with card reader is a TEMPORARY fix. Don't be surprised if Charlie does a card swap by the end of this year.

Bronze Member
Username: Yanniss

Post Number: 45
guys sorry to ask i have 102 but locked nayway if i get to program it i can use it with the receiver fta which cool sat instead of D$$$$NET RIGHT . BUT THE HACK THEN IF ALL THIS HASSEL TO PROGRAM 102 THEN U USE IT WITH THE RECEIVER THAT COMES WITH IT . SI STILL IS BULLL SHIIIIIIT SOLUTION THERE IS NO FTZA STANDING ALONE / . MI RIGHT OR MISSING SOME THING THANX

Silver Member
Username: Hardrockstriker

Post Number: 284
If it's locked with rev109 it's no good.

Username: Poacher420

Post Number: 3
hi i have a blue rom 102 access card revision 242 will this card work or does it have to be the yellow rom 102

Bronze Member
Username: Ong_tu

Post Number: 86
Don't be stupid and buy cards this is what they want! Let them suck up the losses when people don't buy there FTA units.There is alot more$$ involved then just buying a card.

Bronze Member
Username: Sliderip

Post Number: 11
if u get open ROM 102 then u DONT need FTA, this is bullshit from co00lsat. Open ROM 102 has been working all along. This is no solution, except it seems that it will save your card from direct stream but i am not too sure how long would that work.
Save your money.

Bronze Member
Username: Zainmalik

Calgary, Alberta Canada

Post Number: 34
kool set fix is out now wait for others out soon hopefully

Silver Member
Username: The_real_kneegrow

Post Number: 173
you fcuking idiot sticks...I'm signing up with DTV...splitting 4 recievers with my account..and yes I am in Canada for all you fcuking morons who said you can't get DTV in Canada...it's all in who you know..and guess what?..I know alot of people...ROTF

Bronze Member
Username: Captain

Post Number: 39
Good for you what about ppvs?

Bronze Member
Username: Fruitcakesucksdick

Post Number: 40
he's know alot of people and yes he is in canada,but not by choice,he's doing 20-30 yrs in there prison system for stealing hamhocks,chicken wings and watermelon from the local market....

Bronze Member
Username: Ong_tu

Post Number: 91
Good! yes very good you got it right girl.

Bronze Member
Username: Raging_fisher

Post Number: 71
Uh Andrea, have you ever been to Canada?? He'd get a slap on the wrist for that.

We are a free and kind bunch, not like you and your ignorant racist remarks!!

Silver Member
Username: Alpha11

Post Number: 233
yea andrea is a stupid racist kunt b1tch

Bronze Member
Username: Fruitcakesucksdick

Post Number: 43
NOT RACIST AGAINST COLOR,JUST STUPID PEOPLE,AND THEY COME IN EVERY COLOR,BUT MOSTLY YOUR COLOR........
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us