ECHOSTAR threatening lawsuit

Username: Colinslave

Post Number: 1
Hello,

I need your help. I am not looking for any legal advice or anything like that but rather some technical advice regarding my problem.

Here's the deal, back in 2001 I decided to do some "satellite testing" using Atmega and a DP-301 receiver, I got the boxkeys etc and programmed the atmega... everything worked fine until I got ECM'd one day and decided that it was not worth it.

Now, the problem is that for some reason, don't ask me why, I decided to return the receiver for a new one so i wouldn't have to buy a new one(Back then I had no idea that you could reflash your receiver), which got me into legal trouble with Dish. Not to go into details but theyre basically threatening a lawsuit unless I pay them a huge amount of money and give them all of the equipement used to "get free channels".

I got a letter from them saying that "Analysis of the receiver's on-board, proprietary software establishes its use for illegal unscambling of HISH network programming."

Now to my question... Is that possible? Can they really tell that the receiver was used to watch free ppv etc.? I am not talking about the fact that if you solder wires to the receiver, and leave a mess but more along the lines of them being somehow able to see it inside of the machine.

thanks for your opinions.

Silver Member
Username: Storyteller

Post Number: 139
I highly recommend U contact the site below ASAP...These are the legal experts involving Dss...they have handled thousands of cases involving Dave and Charlie!...and yes, DN can tell if you were testing with the receiver..had you restored it back to factory settings, then no problems.

www.wumarkus.com

This site can help you in many various ways..from techical satellite advice to lawyers in your area, to how to represent yourself.. FIRST rule of thumb is to IGNORE the 1st and 2nd letters!...a default judgement is usually not made within the first 2 letters..

Bronze Member
Username: Gto

Post Number: 31
BS, they cannot prove who installed the revised bin file. how did you get cought anyway, did you let them in your house. just reinstall factory bin.

Silver Member

Post Number: 140
Most people usually agree to a settlement of $3,000, as lawyer fees will exceed that..again, U must join that site for FREE and read the posts and also post your case....good luck!

Bronze Member
Username: Viet004

Post Number: 28
i think they couldn't anything to you at all, all the equipment is work back then but it not working anymore. You didn't do any connection to the cable so they can't say anything. All the satlelite you point up in the sky and they working, they can't tell what movie you watch or what kind of signal you have, they can't figure out anything, they just scare you.

Silver Member

Post Number: 146
Do NOT listen to these ignorant children!...DN can very easily tell if you have added any software or changed the TSOP or Eeprom in any way...also the receiver has memory which it retains and a RID # detailing the original software and build of the TSOP.. You returned the receiver and had last possession of it which is all that is needed for a civil judgement..This is not a scare tactic, but simple DN knowledge..Obviously these kids here do NOT know how receivers works..

These kids here NO nothing about anything except how to talk trash while on summer vacation..

I just gave you advice that most attorneys would have charged you $3000 for in fees!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 33
advice that most attorneys charge $3000.
man you are dangerous, you will say anything to get a pat on your back. you a real low life Jackazz. he should see a real attorney. that should have been your advise. but you need the attention so u now practice law. what a d1ck you realy are. why dont you get out of this forum. you make everyone sick. cut the crap and maybe the whole LK BS will stop. but you cant stop you (im the best) advise. get a life old man lt.col.

Bronze Member
Username: Emulatortodisintegrator

Atlantic oce... USA

Post Number: 43
I would say that depending on what you told to whoever you took it to,I wouldn't do anything for now except get more info and talk to some people like storyteller said.If you didn't tell someone that you had bought it new,then you could say you bought it at some yard sale.You didn't know what was on it or what channels it would get.When it broke you took it back to see about getting it fixed or replacing it with a fee maybe.I would wait.I knew people that got some kinda letter and nothing happened.Dave wants the people that were selling and fixing for profit.I would get more info,go to the site story said and chill for a bit.Just my two cents and I graduated many moons ago.

Bronze Member
Username: Wild_willie

Post Number: 45
do you think dishnet would send me a new reciever if I send in my pansat or would they send me a letter ?

Username: Bjalt

Atlanta, GA USA

Post Number: 8
Check this site

http://www.piratecardblues.com/

Silver Member

Post Number: 149
The original poster here Colin harris has already posted at www.wumarkus.com ..if anyone of you knew anything, you would know that what I say is absolutely 1000% correct, including the lawyer fees!...if U don't beleive me, then go read wumarkus.com..there are many cases just like his there..I have been affiliated with them for many years and have advised many people over the years..Colin admitted to changing the boxkeys and doing some programming and returning the receiver like that already..in all honesty, he's screwed for about $3500...he did NOT think!

Dave and Charlie changed their policy years ago...they have been targeting the "end user", not the dealers anymore..

People ...don't think that you are all safe here too...You probably are, but if one of you ever sent a modified FTA receiver to Dishnet and admitted it was yours, you too would be facing a $5000 settlement offer and with an attorney be reduced to a $3500 civil judgement!...Dishnet and Bev would like nothing more than to prosecute FTA users!...it would deter piracy, increase revenues from court judgements, and increase subscriptions!

gto...go away punk..I know what I'm talking about here..this guy would end up in jail if he listened to a punk like you who can't wipe his own azz!

Post Number: 2
Actually I did no programming on the receiver. I READ the box keys and put hem in the atmega, thats it. I didnt change them or program the receiver in any way.

Basically, the receiver was not altered in any way other than the ECM by DISH.

By the way, my letter came in for $5000 and not $3500 like you mentioned, how do I reduce it? When I talked to the guy on the phone(yes I called, and no i did not admit to anything), he said that the $5000 is final.. prety much.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 35
hey storyteller, a civil judgement is monitary only not jail time jackazz. your post mixes civil and jail. you have no clue.

colin, if the letter came from DN or attorny

Silver Member

Post Number: 150
Colin...obviously you changed the eeprom, otherwise dishnet could not have known...and you stated you tested with an atmega..if you read at wumarkus, you would have seen that most do settle because its the cheapest thing to do..and usually its for $3500....Ignore the first 2 letters and hope they forget about you (it does happen on some ocassions)...calling them was the worse thing you could have done, now they will not "forget" about you..wait and see what happens but I would expect to be out $3500-$5000 within 6 months... if you you want to dance, sometimes you must pay the fiddler!...again good luck...and there are Much better sites than here to get advice...but you will find that my advice has been right on the money!...wumarkus does show you how to defend yourself, if you can afford the time and are a little familiar with the laws..

Silver Member

Post Number: 151
gto...I'm way ahead of you...as I stated, listening to you would bring jail time..I know the differnce between civil and criminal and reasonable doubt and more likely than not!...and who the letter came from, doesn't matter...obviously its a representative of DN, whether an attorney, secretary, clerk, collection agency or whatever, they have been given the authority from DN..

Bronze Member
Username: Waydown

Post Number: 68
I been in this sh*t for 20 yrs,I have paid over 50,000 in fines in the Dave Days.storyteller is right.no jail time in most cases,but a judgement against you will happen if you dont take care of it

Silver Member
Username: Mussawel

JAKARTA, CAIRO JAPAN

Post Number: 274
AN ATTORNEY KNOWING WHAT YOUR RECEIVER WAS DOING.... HAHAHA>> NOW THAT"S A FIRST!!!

WHAT ARE THESE ATTORNEY CALLED... TSOP LAWYERS???

GOOD ONE STORYTELLER...

ROTFLMFAO!!!!!!!!!

Silver Member
Username: Mussawel

JAKARTA, CAIRO JAPAN

Post Number: 275
Look man Colin; as far as I know anyone can read the memory of the last file installed!!! you were just f*uckin DUMB (unfortunately) to even take it back to save some money!!!

F*UCK MAN YOU COULD AT LEAST GET A NEW SUB!!! TAKING BACK A TAMPERED EQUIPMENT WITHOUT TELLIN THEM IS PLAIN F*UCKIN DUMB!!!

Post Number: 3
Ugh I know, I'm kicking myself for being f**king retarded.. believe you me. Anyways, thanks for all the advice. Storyteller, I'm just wondering how you get the money down? Do you just call and try to negotiate? I mean, I can try that, it wont kill me I guess.

Silver Member

Post Number: 155
I wouldn't call them again!...wait and save as much as you can..ignore their next letter also...do NOT respond until you actually receive a SUMMONS To APPEAR!...at that point, you can talk to them and agree to make payments on some type of agreeable basis in exchange for a nolo contende "no contest" plea..

You might be one of the fortunate ones that slips thru the cracks, so again do NOT contact them until a SUMMONS is received..

Silver Member
Username: The_real_kneegrow

Post Number: 109
yea..I think LK is right for once...you see, LK had the same problem back in NAM...he allegedly had consential sex with a 12yr old transexual...the problem was that LK could not satisfy this little tranny and so the tranny ratted him out to the police and LK did the same thing that he is telling you...Do not respond until the cops show up at the door...LK never did finish the story after that...hey LK what happened, any jailtime?...ROTF

Silver Member
Username: Alpha11

Post Number: 111
LOL @ tyrone or darnell or Roshad or Latrell or Jethro or whoever the real knee-grow is

Bronze Member
Username: Emulatortodisintegrator

Atlantic oce... USA

Post Number: 44
Colin,like i said earlier and storyteller is sayin also,don't panic.You got a fair amount of time to do research.Wait for a summons.It might be a while.And if your credit is not good anyways,oh well,they can't make you pay.They can't garnish wages from your check.You could move also,just leave the dish for them.Really though,I would just wait awhile,do some research,and see what happens.

Bronze Member
Username: Djsmith

Post Number: 55
Two of my nieghbours got cought using pirated Keys on bell express vu. Express vu sent the police to there home and told them they had 3 days to put the reciever back to its ariganl state or they would in fact be charged $3000.
I don't lie so you know I am telling the truth.

Silver Member
Username: Alpha11

Post Number: 115
Doreen doesnt lie she likes to be bent over.

Bronze Member
Username: Cincy_jughead

Post Number: 45
cant you clowns let one thead go by with out all that crap (giveing all that grief to who ever is helping)
hope it is LK AT LEAST THE INFO. MITE BE RIGHT
if you cant help dont post

Silver Member
Username: Tadon

Dover, NJ Usa

Post Number: 114
" ... Can they really tell that the receiver was used to watch free ppv etc.? .."

My answer is Yes,they can .

1. When you modified with a program, it wrote to Eprom/OR Memory access decive (MAD)chip (like CMOS in PC, but PC if take battery out it will erases by itself). You can not say "I dont know" .

2. And If You modified their receiver without their permission (if yes) this is cost you too .

Hope you get luck .

Username: Wollsm

as a worker in the legal field there are three things you can do to prolong the case to the point where it is no longer feasible to pursue.

1. Admit Nothing
2. Deny Everything
3. Demand Proof

It will be impossible to prove you did anything.

Silver Member

Post Number: 158
In civil, they do NOT have to prove he did it...they only have to convince the judge that its MORE likely that he did do it, than he didn't do it!...and a guy who is in possesion of a modified receiver who returns the same one for another new one, after he purchased it (which is all documented)surely appears to more than likely modified it himself, to any person with any sense.

Post Number: 5
Thank storyteller, that's what I will do. I guess i'll have to start saving with the assumption of having to pay since I can't really rely on the slight chance of slipping through.

And Emulator, yea my credit is pretty much in the toilet so.. I could just run to mexico hehe... or california

Bronze Member
Username: Waydown

Post Number: 71
A friend of mine bought a card reader & Hu card online, They Busted the online seller ,They sued all People of his customer list, It was Cheaper for him to give them 2500.00 they ask for, than what it would have cost to prove any point at all.RIGHT or WRONG

Silver Member

Post Number: 160
Unfortunately there is little anyone can do when faced with litigation...either way you lose!...its just a matter of how much, thats why most settle and cop a plea at the last moment...lawyers and insurance companies run this country, the great USA!

Its a proven fact that 99% of all cases NEVER go to TRIAL, that includes both civil and criminal..

Username: Mr_viewsat

Post Number: 5
colin harris is a lair he get banned before so here we go again with another lie!

Silver Member
Username: Dish_newbie_hoon

Post Number: 156
Yep... storyteller's LK alright. Along with his worthy advice he brings the condescending BULL$HIT that only LK was capable of doing. Ofcourse we'd do the same thing to him but then he would discount us as "kids". Shows how ignorant he is.

He LK, while we appreciate your advice, keep the bashing to yourself. You left with ignominy, and I will make sure you come back with even MORE ignominy. Welcome to the forum, @$$hole.

BTW, the content on the websites was good about the lawsuits... good job.

Silver Member

Post Number: 195
You are a POS who is a kid mentally, like 12!..Nobody here needs your approval or comments that are always useless!...quit breathing my air, and wasting space here...You don't understand, Nobody cares what you think, post or say...You are in a world!

Silver Member
Username: Hardrockstriker

Post Number: 276
LK speaks the truth. I don't know american law, but I'm sure canadian law, in regards to civil suits, is pretty close. One of the influences of me taking up this hobby of free tv is because my friend got busted by RCMP for setting people up with free TV. Whatever wasn't seezed he gave to his friends. B3v is suing him for $25g. He's not settling, but he doesn't think he'll win. Where I live they are targetting businesses that set up free tv.

Username: Dishnut995

Post Number: 4
Colin,
How did the letter come to you? Was it sent registered mail or was it just regular first class mail? If it came first class mail, then they can not prove you received their letter demanding action. But if it came as a registered letter, then learn as much as possible and do what tim n posey said to do.
Good Luck.
Keep us posted.

Post Number: 6
It was fedex. I am not sure which category that falls under, it was basically sent via FedEx 2nd day air, I might be completely off but don't you have to sign for registered mail? If yes then it wasn't registered mail because I did not have to sign for it, it was just dropped off in my mailbox. Thanks by the way, thats a good tip.

Bronze Member
Username: Cyberx

Post Number: 15
hmmm. Wait it out and tell them you have no money and dont know what they are talking about.. A friend of mine settled for $1200.. But that was DTV.. He never even programmed a card..

Silver Member

Post Number: 197
Colin already has made a return phone call to Dish, advising them on his receipt of the letter....registered mail is a mute point mow..

Bronze Member
Username: Sfermin

Post Number: 18
I wanted to respond to LK AKA Storyteller earlier, but I was so busy, I simply did not have the time. Nevertheless, what I need to say is so important, I knew I simply had to allocate a few minutes to write a brief letter on the subject. Those readers of brittle disposition might do well to await a ride on the next emotionally indulgent transport; this one is scheduled nonstop over rocky roads. As soon as you're strapped in, I'll announce something to the effect of how in a tacit concession of defeat, LK AKA Storyteller is now openly calling for the abridgment of various freedoms to accomplish coercively what his anti-democratic objectives have failed at. This raises another important point: By writing this letter, I am certainly sticking my head far above the parapet. The big danger is that LK AKA Storyteller will retaliate against me. He'll most likely try to force me to dig my own grave and pay for the shovel, although another possibility is that his mind has limited horizons. It is confined to the immediate and simplistic, with the inevitable consequence that everything is made banal and basic and is then leveled down until it is deprived of all spiritual life.

LK AKA Storyteller's unenlightened suggestions can be quite educational. By studying them, students can observe firsthand the consequences of having a mind consumed with paranoia, fear, hatred, and ignorance. Did LK AKA Storyteller cancel his plans to raise extortionate demands because he had a change of heart, or is he continuing the same battle on another front? It would appear to be the latter.

LK AKA Storyteller wants us to believe that the moon is made of green cheese. How stupid does he think we are? I've never really gotten a clear and honest answer to that question from LK AKA Storyteller. But what is clear is that he has been known to say that everyone with a different set of beliefs from his is going to get a one-way ticket to Hell. That notion is so slatternly, I hardly know where to begin refuting it. He should pay for his mistakes. Am I aware of how LK AKA Storyteller will react when he reads that last sentence? Yes. Do I care? No, because his latest manifesto, like all the ones that preceded it, is a consummate anthology of disastrously bad writing teeming with misquotations and inaccuracies, an odyssey of anecdotes that are occasionally entertaining, but certainly not informative. Maybe you, too, want to persecute the innocent and let the guilty go unpunished, so let me warn you: We cannot afford to waste our time, resources, and energy by dwelling upon inequities of the past. Instead, we must develop an alternative community, a cohesive and comprehensive underground with a charter to snap LK AKA Storyteller's compeers out of their trance. Doing so would be significantly easier if more people were to understand that almost every day, LK AKA Storyteller outreaches himself in setting new records for arrogance, deceit, and greed. It's definitely breathtaking to watch him.

I'll try not to dwell on this, but LK AKA Storyteller's screeds are not witty satire, as he would have you believe. They're simply the mingy ramblings of someone who has no idea or appreciation of what he's mocking. Fortunately, most people understand that LK AKA Storyteller and his mercenaries are sappy tin-pot tyrants. This is not set down in complaint against them, but merely as analysis. If you think that this is humorous or exaggerated, you're wrong. Now, I am all for freedom of speech, but I want nothing more -- or less -- than to provide a trenchant analysis of LK AKA Storyteller's grievances. To that task I have consecrated my life, and I invite you to do likewise. LK AKA Storyteller keeps telling everyone within earshot that he answers to no one. I'm guessing that LK AKA Storyteller read that on some Web site of dubious validity. More reliable sources generally indicate that he has certainly never given evidence of thinking extensively. Or at all, for that matter.

One of LK AKA Storyteller's chums keeps throwing "scientific" studies at me, claiming they prove that LK AKA Storyteller's assertions are good for the environment, human rights, and baby seals. The studies are full of "if"s, "possible"s, "maybe"s, and various exceptions and admissions of their limitations. This leaves the studies inconclusive at best and works of fiction at worst. The only thing these studies can possibly prove is that LK AKA Storyteller's declamations are based on hate. Hate, sectarianism, and an intolerance of another viewpoint, another way of life. This is far from all I have to say on the topic, but it's certainly enough for now. Just remember one thing: LK AKA Storyteller prefers to keep his incomprehensible agenda hidden behind the cloak of phallocentrism.

Silver Member

Post Number: 200
hey pal, its a little early to be eating acid for breakfast!...or is this the risidual affects from late last night still?

Bronze Member
Username: Sfermin

Post Number: 26
I am a idiot savant and FTA keeps me sane. My humblest apologies

Silver Member

Post Number: 277
IH8U, all those words to say so little... nice soliloquay, but if you don't give concrete examples, no one's going care about what you say.

Look here: LK is like a DSS diva - he has a lot of knowlege on the subject, but can get rude every so often. It's just his personality.

Now, if you're smart, you can learn from him, and when he has a fit, just ignore him. Unless, of course, you like to argue.

Now, can we all put this to rest and just talk about DSS instead of continuing this soap opera?

Silver Member

Post Number: 203
Those stories of LK having fits and always rude are NOT true and keep growing!...LK would ONLY call people Lazy and morons when they did NOT read and it was obvious by asking a "what are the new keys?" question..he was attempting to embarass them into reading for their own good..All you people here have LK to be a crazed rude tyrant mad man!...and the stories grow and grow!

Silver Member

Post Number: 278
I remember a time when ask an intelligent question, and LK barked back: "DO YOUR SCANS" even though I knew darn well that wasn't the answer. It's not that he didn't know the answer; he was just in a bad mood that day.

Anyways, I have a lot of respect for him (why the hell am I refering to you in the third person???), but I also understand he can be a diva.

People judge you by your actions. If you're going to call someone a raghead, don't get angry when there's retribution.

Bronze Member
Username: Yo8bps

Post Number: 12
Don't be SCARED !!!
1. Admit Nothing
2. Deny Everything
3. Demand Proof
-------------------------------
Wait for an official court letter , and check back
with us . Are you a technician or electronics ingeneer ??? Can you modify those CODES ???
I think you DID nothing , but accidentaly , the
channels came up on your screen , without you realy PROGRAMING the BOX !!!..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
I forgat to ask : how long did you USE the BOX
in your HOME , before returnig it , as NON WORKING ????...

Bronze Member
Username: Icainc

Post Number: 26
My advice is to move, get a P.O. Box, then apply for credit using that P.O. Box, this will change your address in your credit file. Then don't apply for credit again for at least 4 years. Dic*knet can't sue a P.O. Box. Change your phone number to an unlisted number after you apply for credit. Don't say anything, remain silent. This is your best chance to save your aZZ. If they can't find you, they can't serve you. If you get a summons at your Box, write return to sender address unknown. After 3 years the statue of limitations expires, you will be safe. My advice is keep your mouth shut, don't apply for any credit after doing all the above, and for goodness shake, don't do dumb sh*it like this again.

Bronze Member
Username: Icainc

Post Number: 27
Oh yeah, I hope your not using you real name in this forum, because if you are, then you are a pretty dumb mother f'''er.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
Good advice from ,, icainc ,, !!! Please folow
that , and stasy put to move !! Good luck !

Bronze Member
Username: Cyberx

Post Number: 16
Come on MOVE? Umm, its pretty expensive to be moving around.. And not to mention stressfull. Id rather wait it out, and make payment arrangements.

Post Number: 7
Damn, that's great advice icainc. It's great because I was actually planning on moving out of state before this ever happened so it works out perfectly. One thing I'm worried about though is, can't you be found when you register at the post office? Unless you are saying that i make the PO box my primary way of receiving mail. Otherwise I would have to get mail somehow.

And for the sake of keeping my identity unknown, I am going to say that Colin Harris is my real name.

Silver Member

Post Number: 279
Colin, you might want to register at hashhu*com. There is a section on legal advice for DSS piracy.

Silver Member

Post Number: 206
Thats a good suggestion from Jason...in fact some other sites also have Legal topic sections..

Colin...I don't think U need to go into the Witness Protection cloak and dagger hiding over being sued by Charlie..LOL...thats just crazy...Charlie, the courts, and collection agencies aren't that smart!...You will work something out!...I would look into the statue of limitations as I did see that mentioned often at wumarkus, but you will need to know the EXACT charges that are being applied, so you can do some research..

Got the 2nd letter today but the new problem is that it was addressed to my father. I still live with my parents and pay rent, nothing formal though so technically it's their house. The dish account is in my name but it is all in their house so I'm worrying that instead of suing me they will sue my parents. Anyone know if that might happen?

Thanks

Silver Member

Post Number: 216
If the 2nd letter is in Dad's name, then something is fishy here..in legal matters, they don't make those mistakes, especially when you made the original purchase and return and that is what their entire case is based upon,the returm of a modified Dishnet receiver by YOU!...Dishnet would have no reason to know that the house is recorded in your fathers name at this point, and mistakenly sending a 2nd letter to him.....

Post Number: 9
I highly doubt that it was a mistake. They addressed it to him and the cover sheet was for him but they included a copy of the first one (addressed to me). This is kind of freaking me out because I agree with you, why the f*** would they send one to him? Is this a desperate attempt at collecting money or a serious case?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
I have also looked into the statute of limitations concering the claim here. In the letters they claim "illegal theft" as the crime and from the research I have done it seems that their time pretty much ran out according to laws in my state.

Silver Member

Post Number: 217
Ignore them...they can't bring ANY lawsuit against your father, just cause you live there, unless you are a minor under 18...or were under 18 in 2001 when you returned the modified receiver..then they can ONLY bring suit against him, and NOT bring suit against you..so if you are 23 or less now, then thats why dear ole dad is being sued!...and if this is true., and you don't tell him about this 2nd letter and more follow ups, then he will be found guilty by default judgement and that goes on his credit rating report also, which he surely will find out about..I said I thought something was fishy!

If you are well over 23, then there is NO way, that your father's name should or would have ever come up!...like both you and I said "I highly doubt it was a mistake"...the legal system doesn't make those mistakes..especially somebody like DN who has the purchase and return name info, and does these type cases daily..

The ONLY way your father's name would be involved, were if you were a minor in 2001...otherwise, DN would have to search property records for house deed ownership based upon address you provided at receiver return time, and then find your father's name, and there would have been NO reason for DN to do that if you were an adult then..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
Don't you have to be at least 18 to subscribe to dish? I know they require a crdit card and you can't a CC until you are 18.

Username: Redbloodz

It doesnt matter if u able to sign up with DN if ur a minor. like storyteller say, u need to be 18+ or the charges will fall onto ur parents.
Just say ur a minor, which make the contract between u and DN is voidable. If you said the contract is void, and therefore is not valid and they cant do anything to u if its not valid. well, the charges brought against you is "illegal Thief" which is against the law. It doesnt connect with the contact between you and DN.
Like they say earlier, what you can do is if there a guy come to ur house or a cop and ask who you are, ask them who they are first. and if they ask is anyone name "colin Harris" home? tell them that person no longer live there. Tell ur parent that if anyone ask for you, tell them to tell that person u move or ran away and dont know where ur at. they cant take you to court if they cant Served you.

Silver Member

Post Number: 218
DN and DTV did NOT always require a CC...and you can be an "authorized user" of a CC when under 18...whats your point?...by your reply, I can now tell that U are or were a minor..an adult would NOT have posted back with that question or like that!

JR...you got dear ole Dad in a jam....fess up to him, tell him everything (TRUTH)...let him know you have done some research at www.wumarkus.com and wherever else you got your statue limitations info...print whatever you can for him..then hope he doesn't beat the hell out of you for 3 reasons..!

1. You broke the law..
2. You were stupid enough to get caught because of your stupid actions (returned the modified receiver).
3. You got Dad involved..

If you never did #2, none of this would be happenning..

When my kids were young and got into trouble, I would get pissed for all 3 reasons...but the #2 was the most bothersome (of course, I couldn't let them know that)...if you are going to do something "wrong" at least be slick enough NOT to get caught!...and if you do get caught, then fess up, pay the consequences and learn that you are NOT smart enough to break the law..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
No I actually was over 18 when I signed up for the dish account and like I said it is in my name. I don't want to post my date of birth because that reveals too much informationa and i dont want this forum to be used against me.

take my advice, if they cant find u they cant sue you. They dont know what you look like, and there a very small chance that they can get ur info at DMV, if u have the time or want to just for ONE person. just register stuff under ur friend name or something. if u still own any property such as car. still pay tax under the old address, when they come there and look for u just lie u not "colin Harris" and u dont see him anymore or know where he is. Just dissapear until the statute of limitation run out.
DN has the resources to find you and sue you, but IF they can find you, IF they want to take you to court. they wont be benefit much from it cause the judgement will NOT out weight the resources for this case. It cost money to hire attorney, and if they have attorney, it would waste a lot of their time to do this case. They will have file complaint to court which cost money and time. In addition, if the police cant served u the Summon, they have to hire 3rd party to locate you, which probably cant if u hide. once and IF they got u served, they have to go to court with you, and their attorney time in court will cost them money. If you loose, you have to pay monentary damages to theem. and just say you DONT have the money cause u unemploy or something, they can get a sh!t from you. Therefore theyll get NUTTIN in return for this case. IF you add all this up, it cost them MORE than $5000 as they asked you to pay.

Silver Member

Post Number: 220
If U were over 18...then DN would NOT be sending letters to your father!...its that simple!

and Red...your info is bogus!...you do not need to be served in hand...a summons mailed to your last known address is sufficient in most states!..they will just get a default judgement and ruin your credit and when you don't pay they will get you on a criminal contempt charge..

Also..Colin has already contacted DN and asked how to make pay arrangements, so they know he has received the first letter and acknowledged guilt!

Colin hate to be the bearer of bad news, but either your Dad or you are going down..I beleive you to be a minor, so Dad gets to pick up your dirty laundry again!...I do NOT beleive what you say anymore...they have dad's name ONLY because you are/were a minor!...they have NO other reason to have it!...Fess up and pay the Fiddler...quit whining...you screwed up with own immature ignorance and sending modified receiver back...now you pay, its that simple...quit looking for excuses...be a man and pay the fiddler!

Silver Member

Post Number: 221
My sons put me thru the paces with the law many times, but they always fessed up and paid the consequences, and got a beating...they never lied to me once they got caught and I always helped them (and whipped their azz too...LOL)and today they are fine young men with families of their own..

I hope you are man enough to tell your dad!

Silver Member
Username: The_real_kneegrow

Post Number: 156
Colin just ignore this azzhole...he's already been proven a bullshitter...don't believe anything he say's...just keep ignoring the letters..you'll be fine..let LK live his little fairytale and be happy...ROTF

Silver Member

Post Number: 222
loser Kneegrows...I'll be thinking about you when I'm at Martha's Vineyard the next 2 weeks!...NOT!

Bronze Member
Username: Ong_tu

Post Number: 82
Why do you stay at this site? It's obvious that most of these people are somewhat mentally challenged and I dare say a tad deranged. This punk fruit of the loom (Kneegrowth)is a work of art; I guess they have ignorant trailer rednecks in Canada also. Seriously I found a good site tonight and I thought I know them all! let me know and I will send you a private message with site I.D.

Post Number: 10
tell DN to fukkk off, IIIIFFFF storyteller saying is true that, who cares about credit, u only need credit when u apply for CC or loans, u can ask ur parent to get a loan if u need one., and u rarely or many even not do those thing. U can live on cash if u have bad credit. and there are many place u can get urself fix if u found guilty. The worse thing u can get out of this is few days jail time but very very very very very low probability. They probably gonna make u pay monentary judgement.
.....criminal contempt charge.... if you cant pay?---- Bullshit
its like making a homeless and penyless man to pay a fine.
all they can do is put a judgement lien on u thats it.
and i havent seen any case where they mail the judgement to the defendant. The ONLY way to serve a summon is by cop or 3rd party(like a company specialize in serving a summon). Like when a cop see u and give the summon to you. or see ur dad and ur dad said he know u, or wife said she know you, or a 3rd party found you or anyknow that know u and give u the summon, then you are SERVED. or otherwise ull not be served. THERE will not be any default judgment if u cant be serve. If you the defendant dont show up in court that is when the default judgement is place. There will not be a court date if u CANT be served. The court date is set ONLY.ONLY if the summon is serve and mailing the summon and complaint is not valid service.

Silver Member
Username: Da_bin_chi_code

Post Number: 133
THIS LAWSUIT THREAD IS GETTING TOO FAR.
Listen girl, a lawsuit is a serious matter. You CAN NOT be responsible for any of their accusation(s). UNLESS you SIGNED, DATED, AND RECEIVED a subpoena, that subpoena is hand delivered and is also signed by the delivery person.
I am NOT going to more explanation regarding what else to do and believe. BUT I WILL ASSURE YOU THAT YOU CAN NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LAW SUIT UNLESS YOU YOURSELF, HAD SIGNED THE SUBPOENA. ASK that simple question from a lawyer, and you'll understand what I mean.
IF THIS IS NOT A MAKE-UP THREAD, MY ADVISE IS, YOU ARE FINE, IGNORE, IGNORE,IGNORE AND IGNORE.
I hope this is the end of this thread.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
Stay CALM !!! When new letters will came ,
DO NOT OPEN them !!! Just send it back with a
NOTE : RETURN to SENDER ! Party MOVED !!!

Silver Member

Post Number: 225
Hand delivered Summon/Subpoena's are NOT required in MOST states in the US!...thats an old myth!...and credit is very important for adults who want to buy homes and automobiles for their family needs!...no for children, credit means nothing!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
you dont have to listen to these bullsh!t here. Just go to your county court, such as Magistrate, superior, or state court and ask the court clerk.
"if i want to file a civil suit, what form do i need?"
he/she probably will tell u that u need a Complaint, Summon, and Sheriff Entry Form. This is the same process DN need to go through if they want to sue you. All u need to know is learn the process and try to avoid them.
Such as look at the "sheriff entry form" and see whats the requirement for the Summon to be served. The requirement is usually Personal, Notorious, etc. Just look at the requirement and try to aviod it.
Again this has very very very very low chance that DN will take you to court IF and only IF they can.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us