Closing warehouse

Bronze Member
Username: Sfermin

Post Number: 41
I have worked in the Viewsat Distribution warehouse for 5 years. The owner has decided to retire and close operations, although business was great. It did come as a shock. We have two divisions and we had hoped that our division would stay open, but not to be.
I had thought I would retire with this company. It is a family owned business. Although, I am very discouraged by this, I have no hard feelings for this family.The owner is very wealthy and money is not a problem for him. I guess if I were rich, I wouldn't want the headache that can come with this business either. The owners son obvious doesn't want to continue with the business. I can only speak highly of my Boss. He is honest and was a great man to work for. Not to mention the smartest man I ever knew. He taught me so much. I admire his entire family. In a way, they were my second family.

I am still working there, helping to close down, but eventually will have to make a decision on what to do. I have considered opening my own business. I have many customers that would use me. Many are even asking me to do this.

I would have to start small and work up. I don't know of another FTA business that I would work for in this area as of yet. I'm not even sure I want to get into this. Just haven't had time to make a decision.

I am thinking, I could work out of my home for now and just serve a trusted customer base. Although, I understand all the operating factors about bidding and running work, I need to learn more about the business end of starting up a company. The last ECM was a blessing in disguise and business was brisk. We were able to move over 1,000 units in one month to various customers around the world.

I am talking to other small business owners, possible employees, customers, etc.
I have very little capital to start up, but have work arounds that would allow me to do larger work. One customer wants me to start doing his large work right away.
Even wants me to come to work for him and start a cable box distribution division that seems to be the way to go.

Anyone that knows the FTA business as I, knows the possible headaches, cost, ect. You do it wrong, you won't last long.

Any of you ever just started small, working out of your house, I would like to hear from you. I've always worked out of a large office/warehouse. I know some that seem to do this successfully. I just wonder about all the factors being this small and doing larger work. I do have many connections that would help out.

I certainly will miss this fine company. We are considered the best in out area for quality.

Of course the news is out about closing down. The company is Viewsat Distribution in La Jolla, Ca.

I am the Sr. Project Manger at our La Jolla Facility. The only job I have ever worked, so starting over again will be something new for many of us.

I have a lot of decisions to make. So just seeking some advice.

Silver Member
Username: Waydown

Post Number: 157
this is bullshit ,this guy is fake, Viewsat Distribution warehouseis not closing.

Silver Member
Username: Storyteller

Post Number: 219
yeah like the Sr Project Manager, needs advice from the children here..I'm sure a person in that position can make his own decisions!

Bronze Member
Username: Zanco

Post Number: 37
I smell Bacon

Silver Member

Post Number: 161
storyteller,this sounds like veiwsats competition

Bronze Member
Username: The_guru

Florida, Fl Usa

Post Number: 20
project engineer, and cannot make a dicision !

Bronze Member
Username: Good_old_boy

Post Number: 28
what is the location of the warehouse???

Bronze Member
Username: Lebrimal

Post Number: 22
this sucks!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Dicks_ndickweeds

Bonerland, USA Country Music

Post Number: 28
How bad do you need work? My toilet cleaner just left after my last p*oop it was a doozy and i made him keep all the windows closed to keep the air conditioning in not to mention the sweet smell. I am in need of a p*oop scrubber real soon.

Silver Member
Username: Da_bin_chi_code

Post Number: 130
Hey asswhole, if the company is really going down, I will not be surpised, BRAIN PHART is in charge, that's why.
Go TAKE SOME IMMODIUM, TO GET SOME OF THOSE POOPP THAT GOT MIXED WITH YOUR BRAIN. WASTED MY FAKIN TIME.

Bronze Member
Username: Terryhhh

Post Number: 26
1000 a month?? whats the profit?? Not much for a whor%house er warehouse!!Even a know nothing like me realises someone has THOUSANDS OF BOXES to be sold!! p.s. welcome back l.k.....

Bronze Member
Username: Sfermin

Post Number: 42
I guess I should have read some of the other threads in the forum and expected this.

Immature and bored persons.

I truly feel sorry for all of you.

Silver Member

Post Number: 162
Hey, Dick Weed Offered you a JOb.

Silver Member
Username: Ajdarwin

Post Number: 111
If you have never had a small business before, you need to look into how to set it up to limit liability, and at all the taxes and such involved. For most, that is enough to dissuade them. If you still you want to do this, draw up a business plan, with a time table with what to do when. You have to know when to leave if you are not going to make any money, etc. There are books out there to help with this, pick one that suits you and get started.

Silver Member
Username: Ajdarwin

Post Number: 112
And yes, I had a small business, but WalMart moved in and everything died.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us