Isn't it obvious?

Username: Jrq

Post Number: 2
Man, I find it so amusing when so many folks log onto the forum day in and day out, and they bash FTA receivers. Amusing when they say "FTA is dead" ... or "throw your box away."

It's amusing because these posters seem to be investing so much time and energy delivering doom messages to us daily.

I am assuming that the VAST majority of the FTA bashers fall into 2 groups:
1. Those who support plastic/cards, and they have a vested interest in having the hundreds of thousands (even millions) of FTA users migrate to plastic. Some plastic suppliers could become really wealthy before the end of the year...

2. Dishnet & Bev mouth pieces! I do not discount the fact that Dishnet & Bev employees will post here and on other forums to encourage people to dump their FTA boxes.

Why would anyone - even with half a brain - encourage someone to dump a FTA receiver when that receiver is still capable of working on dozens of FTA satellites? Remember, even if the worst came to the worst, and Dishnet & Bev remained black, it's likely that over the years North America will get even more and more FTA channels just like Europe.

I'm seriously thinking about getting a motorized 90cm+ dish: with that set up I will have a plan B; with time I'd fully expect the many C-band FTA satellite providers to target the huge number of "former" Dishnet & Bev hackers, and begin to provide more KU-band channels. It's a matter of time - either Dishnet & Bev will come back up or, with Dishnet & Bev "gone," the C-band providers will finally have an incentive to move into the KU-band space. Big potential audience = Advertising revenue = $$$$.

Never ever think of dumping your FTA box.

Bronze Member
Username: Alpha11

Post Number: 35
that is a great post and something to think about.

Bronze Member
Username: Northman

Post Number: 58
Well said JRQ. Free-to-air is great! Tune in a satellite that carries some foreign stuff, or even a
satellite like Galaxy 10 Ku & connect the extra dish to your receiver with an A/B switch or DISEQC switch, except some of these seem to be a pain. A direct run from a Ku, C or DSS dish is best.

Silver Member
Username: Pirate_pete

Post Number: 178
Yeah and who ever gives any channals will make you pay too!I wish i lived in lala land like you!For years ppl said thered be good tru fta dream on .sat space costs money and only to profit.

Username: Jrq

Post Number: 3
Pirate Pete, I undertand what you are saying about the economics of providing programming.

In my humble opinion, the reason why FTA doesn't have much quality programming in North America is because Dishnet & Bev availability on FTA has provided unfair competition to genuine FTA providers.

If Dishnet & Bev were out of the picture, and with potentially millions of FTA receivers still in the market, any decent program offering by a FTA provider would result in a huge audience. A big audience could generate decent advertising revenue.
I would agree FTA would never be offering 5 star quality though...

Bronze Member
Username: Waydown

Post Number: 48
I bought another FTA rec, today on e-bay

Bronze Member
Username: Cfillet

FL USA

Post Number: 14
JRQ great post!!!....you might be 100 percent right. But their are alot of post from people who depend on fta for free tv and are now frustrated because they failed to realize..it's a hobby or it should be anyways.

Silver Member
Username: Hawaiian_time

Hawaii

Post Number: 170
Good posst JRQ. You are right. Keep your eye on Pirate Pete. He's either in group 1 or group 2.

Bronze Member
Username: Ajdarwin

Post Number: 54
I beleive that this week will see the dropping of prices for the FTA receivers. I mean serious price drops. The number of posts and the quality of posts here have fallen dramatically, as we all knew they would as time passed without any info concerning a new bin for the Pirate community. When the equipment gets really cheap, I plan on buying several for the options I see the future holding for FTA. Without DN, you should begin to see a lot more stuff up there. Sort of like if WalMart went out of business, what would happen? I think the options that will come should be worth the wait.

Silver Member
Username: Fruitcakes

Post Number: 136
thanks for the valuable info, you must be some sort of fcuking einstein to come up with that...ROTF

Username: Concorde

Post Number: 3
Direct TV and Dish Network are like the second coming of Jesus, Christians have being waiting 2000 years for him and still waiting, thinking that he is coming back soon.
I think that by now we have to belive by faith my brother, by faith and all the bins will come back soon and all the receivers shall live for ever and ever
amen.

Username: Beerman_2

Post Number: 9
I've been waitin for THREE fu*ckin weeks.
IF there's not gonna be any fix why dont the smart guys here tell us so?
where did those knowledged guy go?
maybe they went away cause they already know whats happening!
and left us here as a bunch of dumb turkeys......

Beerman

Bronze Member
Username: Good_old_boy

Post Number: 17
it is over!!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Reggie_miller

Post Number: 42
Wan give me your FTA receiver then??

Bronze Member
Username: Reggie_miller

Post Number: 43
Wanna give me your FTA receiver then??

Silver Member
Username: Mussawel

JAKARTA, CAIRO JAPAN

Post Number: 248
DSS GUY & BL ARE ALL F*CKIN MARONS!!!!!! TRYING TO CON US INTO KEEP BUYING THEIR BULLS*HIT USELESS RECEIVERS!!!!

I WOULDNT SUPPORT THEM PERIOD!!!!!!!! CAUSE THEY ARE ALL F*UCKIN LIARS!!!!!!!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us