"hacking" receiver

Username: Nirav82

Post Number: 4
I have a satillite receiver from dish network, and i was wondering if there is any way to "hack" it to get free satalite tv. I searched online but all the infomation i found seemed to be for experinced users. Is it possible to get a card or anything else since i am new in this area. I heard about panset, but didn't want to buy that just yet...wanted to see what i can do with the one i have. Thanks.

Bronze Member
Username: Concorde

Post Number: 34
Well you can buy pansat for sure you can watch fta, but even better if you wait a week or so they will be free for sure.

Silver Member
Username: Hardrockstriker

Post Number: 270
This is why FTA is being attacked so aggressivelhy with ECMs. Plastic is much more difficult to hack than using FTA. So FTA got really popular, everyone and his dog started to rip off DN. Because of the huge lost potential sales DN has to do something.

As long as DN is made easy to exploit, and it costs DN lots of $$$ in lost sales, rest assured they will do something about it!

Bronze Member
Username: Dcole99us

Post Number: 14
If tested FTA DOES come back I am going to switch to plastic. Follow my logic. If tested FTA never comes back Charlie will attack plastic next, but if tested FTA does come back Charlie will concentrate on taking tested FTA down. Plastic will live on. That is the time to switch to plastic.

To answer the thread originator's question. Yes, there is a hack for Charlie STBs. Find rom102 info and you are good to go.

Silver Member

Post Number: 271
I still think DN going to attack plastic. Think about it, FTA's permanent fix is to fully emulate rom102. Plus, if say, FTA didn't survive, the plastic business will boom with all of the disgruntled ex-FTA people, who still want their free TV.

Bronze Member
Username: Saturation

Post Number: 88
Does plastic work for a VS Extreme? I've read something about the card reader is just there for looks.

Gold Member
Username: The_wank_artist

Post Number: 1280
No Ben, I don't believe it does.
Neither does the Cools@'s with their card slot either.

Silver Member

Post Number: 272
Down the road the reader's might be used to address actual cards. For now, I think that FTA maker will still try to emulate the card in the bin, otherwise they will be left with a lot of pissed off customers who don't have card readers.

Username: Bumbumray

Santo domingo, District nac... Dominican rep

Post Number: 7
WHY WHY WHY WHY COME ON YA IS OK DO SOMETHING YOU GOOD PEOPLE I NEED TELVISION I NEED THAT
SO GUY GUYS COME ON DO SOMETHING SOMETHING
PLEASE
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us