Fortec 90 cm dish...

Username: Dishnut995

Post Number: 2
I was using, an 18" round dish, with a Ku LNB, a PM 900 motor and a Pansat 2700 A, which worked very well. To try to get better reception from some birds and to elimate weather fading, I switched to a Fortec 90cm offset with a standard LNB. Now, I cannot find any signal. Level stays around 74, but I cannot pickup ANY signal at all. How is this dish "offset"? I just thought the LNB was offset. Is it more to it than that? I read somewhere, afterward I bought it, where the dish is offset 22 degrees lower (?); ie: it is set at 22degrees lower and not pointed straight at the satellite... Could that be correct?
Thanks.

Bronze Member
Username: Laxey34

Miami, FL United States

Post Number: 23
What satellite are you trying to get and what is your latitude and longitude?

Bronze Member
Username: Tadon

Dover, NJ Usa

Post Number: 96
When they talk about signal OFFSET, that have to think about signal transimitte in a spherical . which radiates is equally in all direction .
But if you try to get signal from DN or DTV .. this is direct signal, you are dealing with the directivity is a measure of its ability to direct signal energy in a limited direction .

so you need to point your dish correct of direction which SAt is located . Of course
few angle error is OK because big dish will
get it . May be this is they called OFFSET because signal reception is not right at
center point (not right in direction) , but on the edge .

Username: Dishnut995

Post Number: 3
Thanks bui le.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us