Samsung TX-R3079WH slimfit 30"

Username: Jackal772005

Post Number: 1
I went into the service menu, and messed everything up can anyone here give me the default settings, (moslty the deflection option). If you dont know how to reach service menu

Turn of power, press mute 1-8-2 than power

It would make me feel really good.

thank you for your help

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 2288
Settings are different for each TV, if you didn't write down the settings before changing them, you're screwed.

Unregistered guest
Hey, jack, i'm looking inot buying the 27" version of this TV, the TXR2779H, and i was wondering, do you expirience, the "bowing" affect people get with the Slimfits?

Username: Europa760

Post Number: 4
what does this service menu allow you to do?

i have the same tv

Bronze Member
Username: Europa760

Post Number: 26
what a coindence. my picture is all kinds of distorted now.

bowing describes it exactly.

the vertical edges are bowing concave.

and the bottom edge is goin a little screwy too.

I have the 3079 too. its not that great. audio doesnt come out of the rca outputs in the back. there is color distortion too. that along with the picture distortion i mentioned.

anyone know what i need to do to fix it?

Username: Sonyfan

Post Number: 5
Jack 'n Europa: Go to AVSforum.com The forum listings are hard to sort through BUT they have some forums hosted by highly skilled techs. Way beyond the knowledge level you usually find here.I downloaded a .pdf with the settings that saved my sony widescreen. There's probably a samsung table buried in there. I trust we've all learned our lesson about writing down ALL the settings BEFORE we touch anything? The samsungs a nice tube for the cash. There's one next door I play with. The problem I see is that the short tube is more touchy. Remember high school geometry? Triple check for any magetic/electronic sources near the TV, as well as cable placement. Cables carry current therefore generate magnetic fields. Game consoles are the worst. Believe it or not, TV's work best positioned east/west, so the earth's magnetic field runs back to front over the tube
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us