BEV on SuperDish

Username: Dish_newbie_hoon

Post Number: 1
Hi guys,

I currently have a SuperDish mounted on the top of my house, pointing to 121, 119, 110 (Dishnetwork). Knowing that DN may not be up for a while, I am interested in finding out if I can get a signal from BEV -- since I'm only interested in the international channels at this point, I believe I would only care about the 82-degree angle (someone please confirm if this angle is right). I have a PANSAT 3500sd (and also a 2700a in my bedroom upstairs).

I am curious to find out what is involved in setting up BEV -- since a SuperDish captures signal from a variety of angles (110, 119, 121 currently), I am wondering if I need to reposition it to capture the BEV angles (at the very minimum 82).

I am hoping that I can use my current physical setup (of the dish on the roof), and not have to reposition it. Once this is confirmed I would like to know what I need to do on my receiver in order to capture signal from 81. Currently I have 3 satellites set up in my receiver -- 110, 119, 121 -- so I'll most likely have to delete 1 one of these and replace it with settings for 82.

If anyone has ANY experience/feedback on this, your input will be GREATLY appreciated. LK, I know you're the undisputed "badass" when it comes to knowledge about DN (at the very least), but I've also read stuff about you flaming people because you felt that a question "wasn't worth asking again" because you or someone else has already addressed it in a previous post. However, I would DEFINITELY appreciate it if you can at least point me in the right direction :-)

In either case, I did try my best to look this topic up on the net before posting it here, so any "constructive" and "meaningful" feedback would be duely appreciated :-)

Thanks to everyone concerned in advance! :-)

Post Number: 2
Come on guys... I'm SURE one of you has an answer to my question below. I'm sorry for the long description below, but my question is simple:

Do I need to do anything else to get BEV channels (Nimiq 2) on my Superdish (which is currently configured to receive DN 121,119,110)?

Username: Ice10

Post Number: 8
I think the superdish would work? Are u currently getting the internationals on dish 121??

Post Number: 3
Thanks Purav...

The international channels "were" coming on ECHO 121 (before this latest DN ECM). My goal is to move over to BEV (even if it's temporary) so that I can get most of the international channels back.

Where can I get the settings for the BEV satellite/dish to input into my receiver?

Username: Ice10

Post Number: 9
Which internationals do u want? And are you sure they are on BEV?

And by settings, what do u mean? Like the azimuth, elevation, etc???

Post Number: 4
I'm interested in the Indian international channels. I know that not all the ones that are available on DN are on BEV, but I'll take whatever I can get :-)

Settings-wise I meant what I'm supposed to input into the receiver. I.e., when I go to MENU | INSTALLATION (in my Pansat), where do I go from there? How do a create a new Satellite entry, and then what parameters do I have to provide (for LNB local freq., etc.).?

Gold Member
Username: The_wank_artist

Post Number: 1084
Depending on which bin you are using you most likely already have BEV set up.
Just re-point your dish to 82w. Make sure the keys are entered and then scan it under provider 0901 and 0801 I think.
If you were viewing DN before then you should get the BEV channels fine.
Keep in mind that the twin duel is separated by 11 degrees, whereas the 82 and 91 are separated by.....let's see....carry the one....oh hell I don't know but it's not 11.

Post Number: 5
So there "is" a physical movement of the dish involved (even though I have a Superdish?). Here's another piece of the puzzle: I downloaded a .cmproj file containing settings for the 82W satellite, uploaded it into my receiver, and have started a blind scan.

So far I've picked up about 26 TP's... it wouldn't have even PICKED UP the TP's for 82W if my dish wasn't pointing in the right direction, correct? I will add more info to this thread once the scan finishes and will let you know if I get any channels...

The rest of the forum can add more info. to facilitate this cause :-)

Thanks to everyone who's responded thus far!

Silver Member
Username: Wakenbake

Post Number: 238
avoid
knee-jerk reactions

Post Number: 6
OK wakenbake... you have 238 posts so I'll respect what you said, otherwise I'd have had to discount what you said as pseudo-idiotic :-)

Anyways... I remember reading somewhere that scanning channels on the NIMIQ 82 satellite took a very long time -- is that true? I'm currently doing a blind scan (the TP's have been scanned, now the channels are being scanned), and it is stuck on 8% for about 5 minutes now -- any suggestions?

Silver Member

Post Number: 239
ms. monitor
its all true

Post Number: 7
Somebody please turn on the humidifier... the air has gotten quite dry since Mr. ShakeNBake-wannabe has entered the building.

I repeat: if you have anything MEANINGFUL to say, only then add your comments, otherwise you're better off spamming another thread -- you WILL be reported to a Mod (by someone else if not me) :-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 240
gave good advice
stop crying

Post Number: 8
I've seen bots better than you... goodbye wakenbake :-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 241
just remember its your SIMPLETON ?
that got the ball rolling

Post Number: 9
Whatever... maybe you should focus on being more verbose and MEANINGFUL rather than your trite and otherwise "useless" posts. But I'm sure you already know that right? I would't be the first one telling you this!

Silver Member

Post Number: 242
those threads have become "useless"
just like your thread
"useless" unless you like whine

Post Number: 10
I know how people have dealt with you in the past (just exchanged messages with a MOD). "Ignorance" is the key here, unfortunately I did not realize this before. But hey, better late than never -- enjoy your pointless Sunday spamming other people's threads (apparently the highlight of your day) in an otherwise meaningless and pathetic life...

Silver Member

Post Number: 243
that dont work mr 10 post
no mods here
i gave good advice

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
I'm sorry... did I say "a mod on this forum"?. Let me simplify things for you: "no I did not" :-)

Anyways, your stupidity apparently has no bounds, and that's clearly evident by the agility with which you come to your (very baseless) conclusions.

Speaking of conclusion, I think I've found the answer to my question, so there's no additional need for the likes of you to post to this thread anymore.

Goodbye JackARSE :-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 244
its your useless thread
RETARD

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
Hey ShakeNBake-wannabe... go spam someone else's thread. If this was really a useless thread other people would've said so also. But I find it a little funny (and dubious) that you're the ONLY one (of the hundreds/thousands of registered folks here) who feels this way -- dare I say LONER? What's the matter? Is this your way of getting attention? Were you not hugged as a child/adult? I'll save you the embarassment by not obliging you to answer that...

Anyways, for those who are curious, it IS possible to get BEV on your Superdish (pointing to 121/110/119), you just have to be very patient when doing a transponder/channel blind scan after configuring your receiver with the 82W parameters.

If you have any questions on what steps I took to get this working (including dealing with the @$$holedness of the likes of 'wakenbake'), go ahead and reply to this thread and I'll be happy to post the steps.

Happy testing!

Bronze Member
Username: Azzurri

Post Number: 34
dish newbie, please post the steps. is it still possible to set up?

Silver Member

Post Number: 246
well...
of course no answer from "trashman"

RCMP: 613-993-7267
DOJ: 202-353-1555

Somebody please go nail this guy. If I were in Canada or America I'd have done this myself...
Oh well, maybe in another 3 years

sound familiar

Gold Member
Username: The_wank_artist

Post Number: 1177
Hhhhmmmmm.

Username: Luvfta

Post Number: 4
I assume if you are getting 119 you are in a pretty good location, view etc. 82 and 91 is very easy to find. They are to the left of 110 and 119. You might want to use a single lnb to find one of them first then you can adjust from there. the angles depends on your zip code. But, from my experience using a $3 compass and the right angles I found each in about 10 mins if that much. DisCumbiapointer ver.1.1 is a very good pointer application. It gives the skew(eg 82&91), elevation and azimuth for both sats.

Bronze Member
Username: Monst

Post Number: 66
Hey, Dish Newbie I am trying to get BEV on my super dish too. Can you tell me what steps I need to take. My super dish is pointed to 110 119 and 121. THANKS

Username: Pvkid77

Post Number: 2
Dish Newbie, yes you can get 82 with your superdish but you will have to re-point your dish at that satellite.
PVKID

Bronze Member
Username: Tadon

Dover, NJ Usa

Post Number: 85
Hi,

Sorry, I am confused ! Dish Newbie said,

' ' Currently I have 3 satellites set up in my receiver -- 110, 119, 121 '"
so I'll most likely have to delete 1 one of these and replace it with settings
for 82. .. And not have to reposition it'

My question is how can from 110,119,121 ' far Left can detect signal from
Far Right (stand behind a dish) ?

We can see : 121 '" 119 '" 110 '" 91 '" 82

If Sat. 110 is chosen for a stand point, So one who want to detect Sat. 82 (deleted Sat 110
for set up Sat 82 . I think have to have reposition a dish to the right for to get Sat. 82 .

I do know super dish can adjust polarization (can twist a dish like Hugh dish) . But how ?
Can I learn something about .

Username: Colo_colo

Post Number: 1
Need keys for fortec star lifetime ultra (110-119-91)

Silver Member
Username: Boyce

Post Number: 300
Bui Le
Super dish can not pick up 121 119 and 82 together, it is not wide enough to catch 39 degree together.

Bronze Member
Username: Tadon

Dover, NJ Usa

Post Number: 87
Boyce,

That why I ask how ? want to intercept 82 it has
to relocate (adjust direction) a dish .

Boyce, ThX (you & outloker202) for last time helped me a hints & picture for for detecting 121 & 101 .

Username: Taku420

Post Number: 3
Everyone,

i have superdish and when i scan on 110, 119, 121....i get the same channel list on everyone....is it correct or i m doing someting wrong????

Bronze Member
Username: Monst

Post Number: 71
Change your DISEQ switch numbers for each sat.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us