Question of the day

Bronze Member
Username: Karla

Canada

Post Number: 23
In my Pansat2700a there's a long list of satellites (menu-install-antena set up)does that means that I can get any of those satellites if I have the right dish and LNB???
Thank You

Bronze Member
Username: Nick32058

Asdfvafdsv, QC Sdv

Post Number: 36
You can only get those sats where your dish is pointed and if your bin file is able to decode the signals that those sats send.

Silver Member
Username: Evadelparaiso

Puerto Rico

Post Number: 689
YOu can have a few satellites, not all, if you have satellite (antena pointing) for these satellite and if you can obtain the right position from where do you live.

Bronze Member

Canada

Post Number: 24
If a satellite that I want to get is not on the list, can I added??

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 3065
1 LNB on roof dish = 1 satellie
2 LNB= 2 satellite
2 LNB = 3 satellites

without an LNB aimed at a particular satellite U cannot receiver its signals!...thats like putting 1 bullet in a rifle and expecting to kill 10 deer!

Bronze Member
Username: Googi

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 21
suppose it was a super armor piercing bullet and u shot 10 deer in a line?

Silver Member
Username: The_wank_artist

Post Number: 756
Or you could shoot a gas tanker surrounded by 11 deer, causing the tanker to explode and kill the deer??

Bronze Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 22
The main point of the receiver having all those satellite settings are for easy setup for the satellites (choose from the list basically, give people options, rather than EVERYONE have 1 type of dish). But yea I guess if you went and got the correct positions for any sat in that list and had the right hardware then yes you can get any sat in the list, that's why they are there.

Bronze Member
Username: Banzai

Post Number: 21
Oh...my god...geeez..I get the wrong direction...almost get caught by your guys...I'm better wear bullet-proof jacket + fire-fighter jacket before searching something...:-).
I'm agree with LK, because I've 3 LNB on my dish to aim at 3 SAT.

Bronze Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 23
1 bullet deer thing was LK's analogy not ......mine......

Bronze Member

Canada

Post Number: 26
So can I??....

Gold Member

Post Number: 3070
U can add it tothe list all day long...but U won't receive its signals unless U point a LNB at it PRECISELY, scan it in receiver and reconfigure the receiver settings for that particular satellie and LNB...

Karla...U have much reading to do...please go to dsstester.c*om *register for free) and read about FTA guides and your receiver guides and get an idea how the FTA stuff works..

Bronze Member

Canada

Post Number: 27
LK, thank you for your time, I know I'm still new at this, I purchased this receiver so I can get channels in spanish (specially TVchile) since here in alberta and I think canada no one provides them, even if you want to suscribe.
The good thing is that every day I learn something new about FTA and is becoming my hobbie, specially now that I discover that I might be able to get more satellites that have channels from South America.
Thanks again

Username: Nomeloplagies

Post Number: 2
Karla... please read patiently,

There are limits. I have 4 dishes then I got 4 satellites. Left to right I have 4 dishes @ roof pointing to 91° (Nimiq 1.3/Ku), 110° (Echo 8.6/Ku), 119° (Echo 7/Ku) and 148° (Echo 1.2/Ku)... so when I press "sat" button there are one option for each sat and the Echostar Package. I have 1,051 TV channels and 213 Radio channels...

Also, you can mount ONE dish on a H-H (Horizon to horizon) motor then configure your Pansat to SCAN (by moving the dish)... it will take more than a day to search and find everything your dish can catch. Personally I thing it is worthless if you have no time to expend on this particular hobby or if you at least have minimal skills or if you do not hablas Español, parle le Francais, parla Italiano, 你说Chinnese

Moreover, be aware that every satellite has its own provider, this means, each company has their own encryption and there are limits on the programmer's targets to provide you with the right software (bin).

I think that if you have 2 dishes, there are enough TV to enjoy a cup of coffee in the afternoon or a pizza & beer next weekend ... ENJOY what you already have !!!

Bronze Member
Username: Hardrockstriker

Post Number: 56
Karla, also be aware that with a Pansat 2700, the receiver can only keep the scanned channels from a maximum of 4 satellites at any one time. This means you can hook into as many satellites as you have dishes, lnbs, and provided satellite is listed in receiver menu, but you can only scan 4 at one time.

Bronze Member

Canada

Post Number: 28
Thank you guys

Username: Dure

Mississauga, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 6
Hi Ramesh & others
I got Nimiq2, blind scanned it and got only 1 english channel- ie. Bridge.Any possiblity of getting Indian channels--Jaya tv etc...
Even though I changed the sat to Nimiq2, on the top u get Nimiq2 & at the bottom of display u get Echo3 61.5. I have not changed the direction of the dish.

Username: Tadon

Dover, NJ Usa

Post Number: 3
Hi all,

I read in FTA Receiver testing manual(by Dipper),
I do not see Satellite 101 (AMC4) & 97 (T-5/ku)
in chart "true south" .
In chart "true south", I see 110 is closed to
119 . I aim 110 (center of dish main feeder)
with 1 LNB and tired up a right side for 119W (like LK posted) . I get signal for both satellites 110 &119 .

If I keep 110 & 119 for standing point so My question is ,

How do I look at satellite 97 & 101 ?
(right side of 119 or left side 110)

I spent a day to look but couldnot get signal !
Please help. I am using Universal linear LNB.
Is that correct LNB typeor wrong type LNB, please
tell me . Thx

Username: Smarcus76

Post Number: 8
or instead of shooting deers we could start shooting the pansat receivers how about that??
is this really the end of FTA? less than a week for the world cup and that crap happens....crap out of luck..:-(

Bronze Member

Post Number: 60
guys, please don't hijack threads! I'm easily confused. lol So if you have a problem, start a new thread. It makes it easier for those trying to help. Thanx.

Username: Ece

California, California Usa

Post Number: 9
JASON I HAVE A PROBLEM

Bronze Member

Post Number: 61
Indeed.

Bronze Member
Username: Er1013

Post Number: 34
My 3500 went completly down. Does anyone have a cure by any chance. pls advise. thanks.
Eddie

Bronze Member

Post Number: 35
Are there any new keys by any chance? pls advise. thanks.
Eddie

Bronze Member
Username: British

Post Number: 40
eddie were you been kidnaped?
not yet. suposed to be a pansat 3500

Dover, NJ Usa

Post Number: 4
"Jason have a problem",
I don't think so :-) He want to know how can he
get more satellite .

Review LK posted, I know , 1person wt 2eyes only
keep track 1 object no more.

So if one who want to see 4 satellites (without motor) they will need 4 LNB . And depend on what type of signal LNB type will be selected. And also, depend on size of dish and location of
satellite one can add more LNB .
(for EX. dish size 18" can have 2 LNB to look 2
satelites (LK EX for 110&119)) .

AS I know, 31" and up, can add 4 LNB to look 4 satellites But, I only got 2 (110&119). I still get problem detect 2 more (97&101)!!

I do believe many peopel in this forum did get 4 satellite with a 31" and up (wiht 4 LNB/1dish) .

Hope some person will give a hint . Thanks

Bronze Member

Post Number: 36
???

Bronze Member
Username: British

Post Number: 42
w/a super dish w/ original brackets you can get 3 110, 119 and 105 or 121 or 129, w/ the rigth lnb. you can put one bracket over the other and fix them to get all signals.

Bronze Member
Username: Banzai

Post Number: 25
Bui Le,
Hope this will help you.

As you said that the LNB in center of your dish which pointed to 110°W (echo star 8 & 10), put the another LNB available on the right side (if you stand behind the dish) of the 110°W and slightly move to right a few degree you will get the 101°W (AMC4), if you move further right a few more degree then you get 97°W (T-5/ku or Intelsat Americas 5).
The best way to search the right SAT, I brought my 14" TV & My receiver beside the dish and connected, move slowly the dish and when the dish detected a SAT, it show the SAT name on the TV (make sure the signal Level & Quality over 70%), lock that LNB and connect to diseqc # available and note (that needs for the receiver setup later on), follow the above steps to search another SAT with another LNB ..etc..When everything is done then I do the cable installation.
Remember one LNB use for 1 SAT.

I'm currently connected to Echo Star 8, T-5/Ku, BEV and looking for another one but not decide yet (also depending on my 90" dish, if it can hold 4 LNBs, quite heavy :-))

Gold Member

Post Number: 3111
FYI....This cmd 7 ECM has been seen and logged in the data stream for the past 5 months as stated by a personal friend of mine who is a coder...Viewsat coders have posted that they started working on the crack for it, OVER 1 year ago!...This was NO easy nut to crack!

Viewsat coders have stated, they are NOW going on vacation for a couple weeks and will not help anybody else until at least, when their vacation is over!....so I wouldn't expect to see too much too soon!

Username: Carloco

Niagara falls, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1
tranquilidad y paciencia

Username: Carloco

Niagara falls, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 3
donde esta eva

Username: Bthitman

Post Number: 4
LK, so are you saying that Pansat had no knowledge of the N2 era or were they just lazy ?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3118
N2 was being used in Europe for past 3-4 years while in US we were still using N1 until last August when DN changed out all the cards and changed to N2...then in September, in Spain the N2 crack was discovered...then ALL the FTA makers came out of the woodwork and got a copy of the N2 crack...Pansat had NOTHING to do with cracking N2...

Bronze Member
Username: Ece

California, California Usa

Post Number: 16
SOMEBODY HAVE THE SOLUTION.....I CANT SEE..... GIVE ME THE RIGHTS KEYS PLEASE

Dover, NJ Usa

Post Number: 6
Thien Cang,

I am very thanh you . I will try
as you instructed. And,
Can I use unniversal linear LNB