DPP with sw44

Bronze Member
Username: New07fta

Post Number: 42
sorry if this question was asked before, is dishpro plus compatible with sw44 switch. if yes, how do you setup the ports for 110 and 119 in the receiver and the switch...i need to know before i spend the money...thanks

Username: Donnie1973

Post Number: 6
I have a buddy with a dishpro plus. We never got his to work on both sat's. He bought a new lnb. Would like to know also...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 43
dante, my understanding and i may be wrong, is that all dp lnbs will work with legacy switch, i just don't know if the sw44 switch will understand what sat is what? and how the even and odd tps will go with their specified sat to the right port.

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 2949
NOT true !...DP switches do NOT play well with Legacy LNB's!....SW switches does NOT play well with Dish Pro (DP) LNB's!

DPP dish pro plus are new and difficult with switches...I believe DPP LNB's use seperators which must be removed and NO switches allowed..little is known about these DPP's, and switches do create problems for them..a DP 34 switch might be acceptable but not sure..suggest U do some reading at www.dsstester.c.o*m and find whatever u can about the DPP and switches ...there is a lengthy thread by "sarge" and me and using DPP' LNB's..U might want to do a SEARCH of it....

U provide NO info about receivers or satellites so we cannot possibly help U anymore..

DP and DPP LNB's are much different but the receiver settings and port settings will be the same for both type LNB's..

Post Number: 8
I have a pansat 2700a and a dp lnb. I got mine to work by "tricking" it I think, to get 110 and 119. Only way I could get it to work. It works great. My friends was a dpp with pansat 2700a. Im just gonna leave the dpp's alone I think. That will leave more time for better things. Thanks for the replies. I am new to the dishnet stuff, am learning alot!

Bronze Member
Username: Micklee11801

Post Number: 28
Hey Donnie,
What trick u can use to get 110 and 119 on dp lnb?

Post Number: 9
not really a trick I guess:
I get my sats set up in the intallation menu, both with signal... Do a sat scan, then whichever it gets I change the diseq setting on the other one so that it has no signal (i know it sounds backwards) then do another sat scan and it picks up the other sat. Ive done this to 3 of them.

Username: Djluckynyc

Post Number: 3
hey i want know why u using 44 swich u don,t need that

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 2955
AGAIN DP and DPP LNB's are NOT the same!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 44
thanks for the explanation LK. dante, i think you'r lucky to get it to work... i guess i'll stick for the time being with my 2 dual output lnbs and the 2 receivers.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us