Could somebody help me please, I'm still new at this

Username: Karla

Canada

Post Number: 6
I don't know why I'm able to get fine all 119 channels during the day, but at night they all go scramble or no signal at all.
Is there a page where I can learn more about my pansat 2700a, transporters, satellites etc.

Thank you for your time

Silver Member
Username: Boyce

Post Number: 149
You need a autoroll bin or new key, if yours is patsat(not clone), get the bin from future-fta.com

Bronze Member
Username: Yarda_666

Post Number: 13
ok,

theres a soccer match on TV5MONDE, but i cant find the channel on my pansat. anybody knows if it has another name, or what to do other than rescanning.

Canada

Post Number: 8
I have a pansat 2700a

Silver Member
Username: Evadelparaiso

Puerto Rico

Post Number: 562
Karla delete all channels and blind scan all satellite or each satellite and save, another and save etc.

Silver Member

Puerto Rico

Post Number: 563
yarda: check in www.lyng**sat.com remove *** by name. Lucky

Canada

Post Number: 9
Eva I did that yesterday and I got less channels and at night they went out again.
What is a TP scan? I know that it has something to do with the transporters but nothing else

Thank you

Silver Member

Puerto Rico

Post Number: 574
Karla check your settings for disqc and check satellite signal. YOur problem still in the night only? Turn off in the back button. Reset factory setting, set de date, time zone etc, add each satellite and scan all channels.

Canada

Post Number: 10
Eva Muchas Gracias, I did all that, everything works fine, but at night is when the channels go scramble....do you think I need a bigger dish since I live way up north?

Username: Fortec16

Post Number: 2
Karla! I think you should think about buy the CW600. its a best of each functions.

Bronze Member

Canada

Post Number: 11
what is that Gus??

Bronze Member
Username: Hardrockstriker

Post Number: 40
Karla, when you have the channels working during the day, go and disable your autoroll - DN is sending a fake second key. This may work depending on what version of bin that you have. If there is no direct option to disable autoroll then simply rename the satellite.

Bronze Member

Canada

Post Number: 12
How do I do that Jason?...thank you

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 2893
Karla ...what satellites are U aimed at?....what type (dish pro or other) LNB's do U have?...are U using universal, circular or linear LNB's?...what are your receiver antenna/switch settings?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2894
Karla...and U learn much more about satellites, transponders etc right here..

www.future-fta.info

Bronze Member

Canada

Post Number: 13
LK I have two 27" dishes, one for 110 (echo 8) and the other for 119(echo 7), for 110 is a circular dishnetwork LNB, it works good, I get all the 110 (echo 8)channels fine.
For 119 is a Digital Circular Polarity Dual Output LNBF
input:12.2-12.7Ghz
output:950-1450MHz
that is all what says on the box
And my switch settings are DISEqC#3 for 119 and DISEqC#4 for 110

Thank you for your time

Gold Member

Post Number: 2898
Karla...so U do get most channels OK during daytime...your problems come during darkness at night...and then the channel is again OK the NEXT day...if that is all true then your hardware and receiver settings are all OK..

Dishnet does change their signals at night...take note of which channels , their Transponder # and frequency next time this happens..then get back here to this thread..also U might need a cheap $10 inline amplifier for the cable from the disque..

Gold Member

Post Number: 2899
Karla....also what is your geographical location?..that affects signal levels..and I belive U probably have a fairly weak 60% signal to begin with and U need to readjust your alignments..

Silver Member
Username: Geeker

Post Number: 117
Maybe you might want to get a bigger dish , if you are running a 18 inch i went to a 30 inch dish for 119 it has a week signal but 110 is stronger and i can get away with my 18 inch on it . I had the same problem you have . I hope this helps you out.Good luck mate.

Silver Member
Username: Johnner

Miami, Florida

Post Number: 189
I think LK's solution will result best...
try an inline amplifier
Upload

Satellite Inline Amplifier 950-2250Mhz Sloped Gain 16 - 20 DB

Satellite Inline Sloped Amplifier

Designed for in-line boosting of satellite signal
950-2250Mhz
Powered by 13 - 18 VDC through coax
Sloped Gain 16 - 20 DB for long cable runs
Epoxy-Sealed Back Cover Plate

Bronze Member

Canada

Post Number: 14
Thanks guys

LK my location is Edmonton, Alberta and U are right I don't get more than 60% signal on most channels, do you think I should get a 30inch dish??
Geek geek I have a 27inch for 110 and is fine.
Johnner I'm gonna see if I can find that satellite inline amplifier, Thank You

Gold Member

Post Number: 2904
NO need for bigger dish.....27 inch is plenty big!...radio shack should sell them or maybe www.sadoun.com....U are NOT aligned very well, thats your entire problem..U need to get on roof and realign the dishes...BOTH of them!

Bronze Member

Canada

Post Number: 15
I spent all monday moving moving the dishes and that 60-65% was the highest I got for both.
The channels from 110 are always ok, even at night...

Silver Member
Username: Johnner

Miami, Florida

Post Number: 192
Google Results 1
http://www.trianglecables.com/201-605.html

Silver Member
Username: The_wank_artist

Post Number: 644
If there is any way to bring the receiver and a small TV outside with you, use the shortest jumper cable you can and run it to the receiver. If you have a decent signal then, perhaps you need to rewire the line that feeds that 19.
Or perhaps you could aim the 110 dish at 119 and the 119 at 110. If then the problem reverses, meaning crap signal on 110, you may have a bad LNB.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 42
I don't think that your position on the globe is the reason for "lost" signal. No matter whether night or day, the satellites are geostationary, which means that they never move relative to your location. If you're getting a good signal during the day then you should get the same level at night (check out your strength and quality levels on your receiver to verify this, then we can rule out weak signal).

But, I agree with LK about the TP changes happening at night, if you loose only some channels. If, you're loosing all channels, then...

The key-change-problem might be affecting you. I have a Pansat 3500 bin so i don't know if you're bin has a setting to disable your autoroll. Maybe upgrade to the latest stable bin for your 2700 and see if it has a setting to disable autoroll. You might find it under Parental control -> second pin (put in "0000") -> autoupdate option -> Dishnet autoroll -> (set to "off"). I might be wrong on this but do it anyways to rule out that possibility. If you don't have this setting then under Installation -> Edit TP/Satellite, choose the satellite and rename it to something slightly different. This will, in effect, disable autoroll.

Besides, what I listed above, I don't what else could be doing it. Maybe someone else on this forum has experienced this??? But, i've seen stranger things. Maybe some animal is nesting in your only at night. lol

Bronze Member

Post Number: 43
I meant "nesting in your dish" in my last comment.

Silver Member
Username: Boyce

Post Number: 155
You need 30" dish, see 119 foot print even red deer is not easy to get 119 on 24" dish.

see Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 645
Edmonton, Albert, Canada.
Antenna Pointing

119 Echo7;
186.927539: Azimuth (Geographic)
28.629975: Elevation (Degrees)

110 Echo8/6;
175.749539; Azimuth (Geographic)
28.764806: Eleveation (Degrees)

And LK is correct, again. No need for a bigger dish....

Upload

Bronze Member

Canada

Post Number: 16
Hahaha LOL Jason I hope I got rid of that owl the other night
Right now I have 76% on level and 74% on quality for 119, on transporter 11 but all that goes down at night.
Is there a way to choose and keep always the same transporter???
I just renamed the satellite, I hope it works tonight

Silver Member

Post Number: 646
I don't think it was an owl, I think it was one of those pesky 'Mighty Ducks'. Heard they have problems with Edmonton these days.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2906
I beleive Alberta can get the 119 with little problems..I don't live in Canada, so U Canadians in that area would know better than me....but I think I have read that 119 is surely available, especially with a 27 inch dish!

Strangely though I have read at other sites, and we had a few good threads here about signal loss on SOME (NOT ALL) channels and ONLY at night with Dishnet!....apparently SOME signals are somehow weaker at night but I don't recall the reasoning, but I want to say it has something to do with Dishnet frequencies and the atmosphere...the night and TP issues are another thing all together...maybe somebody will take the time to do a SEARCH of the couple old thread that explained signal loss at night with some DN channels..it was explained but again I don't recall..I think it might have been just a winter thing too and the freezing on cables and switches and hardware.. but hell, I got CRS!

Bronze Member

Canada

Post Number: 17
LK, Tyler, Jason, Boyce, Johnner Thank You very Much for your help and time today...I'm gonna see what's happens tonight

Bronze Member
Username: Kjniceguy

Lethbridge, Alberta Canada

Post Number: 30
ok This is a stupid Question ,, but thats Par for me of course...im in Lethbridge Alberta and trying to get the best signal and Quality for Dishnet where do i go to find this info ..i know some of you alreadgy know .. but just so i can know myself.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2914
Satellite Finders (Look Angle Calculators)
-------------------------------------------------
[link removed]
http://www.hollsco.com/Products/SatCalc/
http://www3.telus.net/rampage/skew.htm (Dish 500 support)
http://www.remotesat.com/lookangle.htm

Bronze Member

Post Number: 44
Okay, if you're losing signal quality then chances are it has nothing to do with autoroll. To lose signal quality, you either have something (occurs only at night) that blocks the signal between your dish and the sky, or, your equipment is malfunctioning.

Do you have another receiver, say from a friend, that you can borrow to replace yours? Also, you should bypass your switch and hook only into the 119 lnb directly for one night and monitor signal. Also, do the same for 110 lnb for another night.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2939
Edmonton Alberta..almost same settings for both sats..

110...28.8 elevation...175.7 azimuth...4.1 skew
119...28.6.............186.9..........-2.5

Bronze Member

Post Number: 45
Also, is the loss of signal quality on just a few 119 TPs or on all 119 TPs?

Bronze Member

Canada

Post Number: 18
The loss of signal is on few TPs, I try to keep the channels on the good TPs but it goes to the bad ones...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 48
There's been a lot of channel movement among the TPs as of late. You might have to blind scan every few days to keep up.

Also, maybe your dish went slightly out of alignment.

You'll just have to eliminate the variables one by one by checking each component in your system.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us