Please Help with DISEqC problem

Username: Argeelh

Post Number: 10
I have one dish with Twin Pro LNB and another poormans dish (DTV with looking at 110 and 119) When I connect them to the Disqec, I loose the 119 and the 61.5 I have configured my Pansat 3500SD with the correct disqec number but no luck, can someone tell me what am I doing wrong
I have ver 3.5 with the latest published keys installed

Thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Vinidomine

Post Number: 29
OK... a twin pro has an internal switch but if you are running it into a diseqc because you added a 3rd sat (61.5) - you need to run two cables from the twin-pro into two diseqc ports. the 61.5 into the 3rd diseqc port.
try that.
i'm not sure but I think you had another thread with similar question yesterday.
what matters is the lnbf type you're using when it comes to diseqc questions.

Vini.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
Vini,
Thanks for the response, but I have the twin Pro looking at the 61.5 with one cable coming out of it. the Poormans dish has two cables coming out of two dual DTV LNBs. All of them then connected to the disqec switch. Hope that gives you more detail.

Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Woofy

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 153
119 cable out from poormans dish to disque port1
110 cable out from porrmans dish to disque port2
twin lnb cable out to disque port3

make sure setting match in installaion menu

make sure you power off before playing with cable or switches or you will fry it.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
Does the order matter when connecting the LNB's
to the Disqec?

Thanks guys

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 154
as long as settings match in receiver then all is good

Bronze Member
Username: Vinidomine

Post Number: 32
try Robs suggestion - I assumed you had the DPtwin pointed to 110 119.

Vini.

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 155
as one would

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
Sorry guys, but that did not work. any other ideas. Have you ever heard of this problem before in a different thread?

Thanks

Silver Member
Username: The_wank_artist

Post Number: 544
try these two threads.
One of them leads to the other, but lots of info.
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/212683.html

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/227700.html

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 156
Should work ok..change your switch and or cables or both. switches fail all the time.

If you have a dish 500 with that twin..would make more sense to to use that for 110,119, thats what its made for..then use your 18" for your other sat.

Username: Evangelista

Post Number: 1
Ihave dish 500 you can't use twin with diseq it wont work has a chip inside you need dual LNB and diseqc to get chanels works for me .

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 2834
There are various dish 500's...dish TWIN 500...dish DP 500...and a simple dish 500 that can use any LNMB's..in fact they all can be changed to use another LNB type!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
Thanks guys for all your help I was able to find both sat's but I think my DiseqC has gone bad. Can any one recommend a reliable diseqC so i can connect my 110&119 combined cable and my 61.5 cable?

Thanks

Gold Member

Post Number: 2860
all are the same , about $7 (so stock up on a few)...and keep them out of weather using a tupperware container.....unless u want a Spaun disque for $125...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
Thanks LK, I do not think I want to spend that much money for a switch. Do you think I fried both my Diseqc's (I know i had the receiver off but not disconnected from the wall). Is it true that you have to unplug the receiver from the wall before you connect the cables to the switch? Also what is that I hear about having the switch close to the receiver? why? your knowledge is appreciated

Thanks again

Gold Member

Post Number: 2863
First...the TWIN LNB is made for the 110-119, nothing else!...so where is this 61.5?...also it MUST be a Dish PRO LNB, nothing else UNless U have a coo*sat FTA receiver..

now only use 1 single or dual (NOT TWIN) LNB on the DTV dish and aim it at 61.5...now run it to a disue switch..1 cable from the TWIN into port #1...and 1 cable from 61.5 into port #3...then configure your receiver the same way...all should work...if not check cable and connections and receiver settings again..if all then is OK but still not working...try running cable from other output on the TWIN (disconnect the first)...if still no good, then change the dique switch...if still no good, then U have a bad LNB...if still no good then U have a bad receiver(UNLIKELY)..

Had U read the pansat setup manuals, U would know all this...u should help yourself before U ask others..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
LK, I have been reading and trying all of the suggestions, for some odd reason my DiseqC do not seem to function all the sudden. I have connected each satellite directly to the receiver and both of them work fine, it is only when I coonect the diseqc is when things do not function. I was messing with my set up yesterday to get all the birds and I got it working fine except when I connected the switch.

Thanks for your help and be patient with repeated questions, I know how you feel sometimes.

Thanks

Gold Member

Post Number: 2866
sounds like U have narrowed it down to the switch...for $7 replace it..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
LK,
Does it make sense to you if only one port of the DiseqC "port 3" works. I do not understand why the remainning ports do not function? Also, Can the Twin DP LNB be connected to any other port other than 1 on the DiseqC?"my current setting are 1 and 2 for 119 and 110 on the receiver due to the internal switch" What would be the settings if you connected to port 4 for example.

Thanks for the help

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 163
Holy crap..just spend 7 bucks and buy a new switch already.

Silver Member

Post Number: 603
There's nothing wrong with being frugal.
My switch that I use with my pansat 2700 have two bad ports and two good ones but the two good ones work fine. No need to buy a new one, yet.

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 164
If he spent 7 bucks on May 27 on a new switch like i suggested he would not be playing around with wires and switches 3 days later..i don't think 3 days of aggravation is worth 7 bucks!

Silver Member

Post Number: 604
Well you obviously are not a masochist because some of us enjoy the aggravation.
That's why we hang out here!!! LOL

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
Thanks Tyler, my point exactly. It is not aggrevation as I call it, It's pure challange and fun.
Do you know if port 3 or 4 is working what would be the setup on the receiver side for the Twin DP LNB?

Thanks

Silver Member

Post Number: 605
I do know that but I'll wait until you come back in from testing it yourself and letting us know how it works!!! That is half the fun isn't it.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
Good deal Although I have tried it but i could not get it to work. Little help wond hurt me

Thanks

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 168
challange and have fun my friend..like you say

Username: Racer43

Post Number: 1
I had same problem when tried to program friends pansat.
Switch worked fine for my C**lsat and for 110 on the pansat but wouldnt pick up 119
I switched the tp setting to (4) and it hit signal, saved and exited scanned 119 fine after that.
Dont ask me y Im confused as well.

Silver Member

Post Number: 617
On 119, tp's 1-3 are empty. That's why they were not showing up.
Though I should say that if any recent tp movement put channels there, I could be wrong now. But before there were none.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us