Help with 2700 for Newbie

Username: Jcn1972

Post Number: 1
Does this make any sense? I got the 2700 receiver this week and took it over to my friend's house that first told me about Pansat. He helped with with the software and loaded the channels and it worked great at his place. I took it home and got the message "no signal." Took it back to his place and it worked fine again over there. Him and I both have DTV dish, but he has single LNB and I have 3 LNB oval dish. I get signal meter readings in 90's on all 3 with dtv receiver but with pansat quality is always 0. We tried changing some settings, but no luck. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

Bronze Member
Username: Neurosis

Post Number: 26
you could try a blind scan to see if you even have reception, or... make sure the coax cable is attached to the right hookup. I've done that last one, made me panic.

Bronze Member
Username: Neurosis

Post Number: 27
oh wait, I had a friend who used a "star choice" dish. because it had a different lnb or something he needed to change the lnb type from standard to dishpro or something like that. Thats all he told me, maybe someone else has had to do that as well, or maybe I'm just proving how noobish I actually am.

Username: Jcn1972

Post Number: 2
from what I understand the DTV 3LNB will not work for sats 110 & 119, can anyone confirm that?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us