LK info on roads closed

Bronze Member
Username: Carcpl58

Post Number: 45
Lk I am going to Orlando Wed. of this week and have been hearing on news about I-95 being closed because of fires. Is there any web site I can get current road info before I leave. I hear it is pretty bad in Central Florida at this time. I will be traveling on I-95 so I am interested where it is closed.

Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 2462
Don't worry...VERY unlikely to be closed, and if so not for long....top 1- 2 highway in US, other than maybe US80 E-W

and very few other N-S routes to Orlando area, unless coming from west..

Gold Member

Post Number: 2474
well it was worse than I realized..and its fires all just north and east of Orlando..

if comimg from I95 from GA....go to outer Jacksonville....take 295Ww to 10W...hit 301S to 27S to US 4 East to Orlando....maybe 1-2 hr longer from Florida line...look at a map and get EXACT US 27 northern connection from 301 or some other road from US 10W..

Gold Member

Post Number: 2477
Depending where fires and smoke blowing are that day...might be better and quicker to go OUTER Jacksonville 295W/S (north side of jacksonville) to US 17 S (south side of jacksonville) to Us 4 (Comes out near Orlando)...this route is quickest other tha I95 but if fires are 20 miles inland (West) from I95,then its trouble...

could go 295S/W to 10W to 301S to Starke, then take 100S/E to lower US17S...and comes out by US4 and orlando

or lastly again 295S/W to 10W to 301S to US27S to US4 East to Orlando...this will definitely clear U of fires but take 2-3 hours longer in Florida..but pretty rolling hills and horse county

BTW 295S/W loops all round Jacksonville so U don't have to drive thru it downtown, which SUCKS!

U can ALWAYS come from Atlanta Ga down I75 South to Tampa..US4 east to Orlnado
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us