Something is not right !

Bronze Member
Username: Conti

Post Number: 53
I have a basic subscription to dish. Had them install the dish. Was getting 110 & 119.

Had the dish people come back and install another dish (148).

What is up on the roof is a DP Plus that has 3 ports. There is a cable that comes out of the middle port to the Pansat. The 148 dish is connected to the right side port of the DP plus.

The main dish is Dish 500.

My pansat 3500sd has level and signal for the first 5 mins. First signal quality falls to 0, then the level drops to 35% or so.

My diseq is set, with bin 145 , Diseq 1- 119, 2- 110 and 3 148.

I cut off the cable end that hooks on to the pansat and recrimped it again. Same problem.

I then hooked the sat line into the dish receiver. I went into their diagnostics. Disk 110 is at 96%, 148 at 95% and 119 is at 0%.

I get normal reception with the dish receiver. That tells me that the signal from the sats to the box is good.

When I do a factory reset, load the factory bin
and then reload bin 145, I set default keys. The sats seem to be already selected. Should'nt the sat list be clean ?

Did the dish installers put some kind of filter at the dish ??

I need someone to help me underdstand what is going on.

How do I reformat my SD card, reload the bin from my PC and start fresh?

Bronze Member
Username: Hardrockstriker

Post Number: 25
Did u select the correct LNB type in your Pansat setup?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 54
I was told, by Panrex - pansat dealer, to set the LNB as Standard.

Bronze Member
Username: Hardrockstriker

Post Number: 27
See if your Pansat unit is working properly:
reload the factory bin & set to factory defaults, configure your antenna setup, do a scan to see if you can get the FTA channels off of sats. If you can then you know the receiver is good and then there might be a problem with your bin.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 55
I called Panarex and they told me send the box to them and let them fix it.

If the stats r not aligned correctly, there would be no signal.

My setup is a DP plus .....port1 -119 port2 -110 and a second dish 148 hooked into port 3 on the DP Plus.

I also have a 2 room setup by dish. Could that cause a problem ?

To get signal of 96% and level 82% for a couple of minutes tells me that maybe the box maybe the problem.

I tried loading bin 143 and same problem.

As with bin 145, set default keys DO NOT seem to hold. Keys get changed and the signal drops and level is at 32%.

What could cause the default keys not to hold ? If I switch the power off the box overnight, I can get signal for maybe 20 mins. Set default keys, Waiting for pic comes in , watch TV, and then same problem, no signal.

I wonder if there could be virus for the SD card.

Does anyone know how to reformat a SD card?

I think I need to start from fresh, erase everthing on the box, format the SD card and see what happens.

I may also get a Diseq switch and run 2 cables (port 1 and 2) to the DP plus (119 & 110) and hook the 148 directly to port 3 on the diseq switch.

I would welcome any suggestions.

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 2528
DP Plus LNB are a pain in the azz...U must leave BOTH your FTA and DN receiver ON all the time and get rid of the seperators...we have a entire thread here about this!

Upload

Gold Member

Post Number: 2529
U need to read this entire thread!...I searched it out of the ARCHIVES for U...

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/212683.html

Bronze Member

Post Number: 56
LK,

Would using a Diseq switch as described in my last post solve the problem?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2531
Did I just say that U CANNOT use ANY switches!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 57
Okay no switches.

Reading the thread u posted, it tells me that if I have a line from DP plus to the Pansat and from the Pansat loop to the DN receiver, I should be good to go ?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2539
Those are true posts frompeople who made it work...and all differently...but a few things in common...

No seperators
No switches
power for LNB's comes from Both receivers being on..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 58
A friend heard about my problem and Offered me the LNB's from his old dish.

It has 2 round eyes ( 119 AND 110 ) and 2 cables, each about 2 ft long, attached to each eye.

The label on the LNB reads "Digital LNBF. BS1H1UP201M. Lot E90. Made in Japan"

If I could use these LNBFs - I will unscrew the DP Plus, Screw this in its place, Use a 4x1 Switch - 119 to 2, 110 to 3 and 148 to 4. And run the cable attached to port 2 of the DP plus to receiver out on the 4X1 switch.

I think a setup using just the Pansat would serve me better in the long run.

So friends, would this setup work ?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2561
That LNB info tells us NOTHING...and your wiring doesn't make sense either..

if it does NOT say Dish PRO on the 2 eyed LNB (TWIN), then U cannot use it!...and if it does , then your wiring is in left field...run 1 wire trom DP TWIN and 1 wire from 148 to disque switch (port 1 and 3), then to Pansat receiver....obviously U didn't read this thread or my link!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 59
I guess we need to figure out why the DN receiver is able to run the DPP LNB with 3 sats fine but the pansat is unable to.

What causes this problem for the Pansat?

Yet if we loop thru from the pansat to the DN receiver, it has enough power to run.

It tells me that Pansat needs to address this issue.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us