What am I doing wrong? Please look & help if u can

Username: Pinkpiper1

Lafollette, TN United States

Post Number: 5
I know this probably bothers some of you when a newbie gets on here and wants step by step instructions but I have tried navigating the threads to figure this out on my own to no avail.

I am including specific steps I have followed and hoping that someone will go down the list and tell me what I am dong wrong.

I have a fotec lifetime ultra receiver

1. First off I connected my cable to the box
turned it on
2. downloaded the fortec loader to my documents
3. unzipped it
4. downloaded the bin file to my documents
5. unzipped it
6. opened the fortec loader
7. typed lifetime ultra
8. opened the bin file
9. made sure the flash was highlighted
10.hit download

I get an error message saying wrong model

Did the same thing with the blacklister and hit write file
got an error message saying failed write

I know I will probably get a huge response that I don't know jack and I am expecting it but please beleive I am not lazy and just not trying to figure this out on my own.

I have learned from scratch about some of the basics without asking but scoured the threads and tried it all but nothing is working.

Could someone please tell me what I am doing wrong?

I know this is a stupid question but, am I saving the files in the right place on my PC?

When I say I'm new to this, I mean literally know nothing about it.

Thanks so much!

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 1567
Use Blacklist updater 1.4 and the 273T BIN found at dsscommunity.c*om forums in the Fortec Ultra area..

U can save the files anywhere U want in PC...I made a new folder called "FTA stuff"..

Bronze Member
Username: Grimreeper

Post Number: 34
You can try ultrapan as the model in the fortec loader mabee try changing the comport your using

Gold Member

Post Number: 1570
Ultrapan is ffor the 101-103T bins..but nothing to lose..I would use BL 1.4 loader, thats whats recommended with a pansat bin like the 273T..

Bronze Member
Username: Cincy

Post Number: 13
HI EVERONE THE BL 1.4 loader worked fine for me with 273t bin Tina check the RS-232C cable and make sure its A straight through cable

Gold Member

Post Number: 1572
I beleive that Tina is trying to use a USB port, instead of a serial port..has 2 threads going on here also, which makes things more confusing for all of us to help...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us