"Set default key" overwrites the N2 keys???

Username: Laonian

Post Number: 3
Hi,

1. I flashed my new Pansat 2700A with the latest bin 146 and load it with a simple channel list I downloaded from this forum (otherwise the "Parental Control" and "Channel Edit" selections wouldn't become active).

2. Looked at the N2 keys pre-set by the flash bin and found they were different form the current active ones.

3. Manually input the current N2 keys and saved it. Everything was fine up to this point.

4. Then I browsed to "Set default Key" option and activated it by pressing "OK" key.

5. Now when I came back to the Dishnet N2 keys, I found both sets of keys were re-written back to the pre-set keys by the flash bin. It seems that manually input N2 keys and "Set default key" action will overwrite each other.

Please point out where I made the mistake and what is the right way (order) to correctly set N2 keys and activate "Set default keys". Also, is there a way to have "Parent control" and "Channal edit" options active without downloading a channel list? Thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 1542
After loading the autoroll 146 bin, then U needed to set the default key, EMU-ON...the autoroll would have inputted any newer keys by itself....manually changing the keys is OK, but not needed...and after U did, then do NOT set the default key, it reverts it back to the previous keys U just changed!

U MUST have channels in your receiver in order to have a need for "parental controls" or "channel edit"...so U must either svan the satellites U are aimed at or upload a channel list into the receiver!....common sense here!...think about it..

Username: Laonian

Post Number: 4
LK, thanks for the clear answers. It helps clearify many confusions with a newbie like me.

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 1545
YW..I willhelp those that write clearly, state the case and facts and ask honest questions...all of which u did..I could tell U had done some reading...U seem to have a grasp of things..

I will not help the LAZY who have not read anything or people who ask redundant questions, like "what are the keys" etc..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us