Hi folks! Newbie here Help with Fortec PLEEEZE

Username: Pinkpiper1

Lafollette, TN United States

Post Number: 1
Hi folks! Ok, got a huge problem. I am new to this thing and having a huge problem navigating to find the fortec 273T file to download and fix my box. My cousin said you guys were a huge help. Anyone willing to take the time to help a newbie?

Please understand, this will be my first time fixing on my own. I know nothing about this but willing to learn. My cousin said all I need to do is download this file. Please help

Thanks

Post Number: 2
Just a note. I think I found the right file but not sure if I need something else first. I am reading my manual and it says I must download uploader software.

Would someone please let me know about this?

Thanks so much!

Bronze Member
Username: Grimreeper

Post Number: 30
Youll also need a loader i suggest the blacklist loader.You can get all the files and imformation you need here www.dsscommunity .com/forums/ Youll have to register its free and you can find alot of help there.

Post Number: 3
Thank you sooo much! Ok, so I went to fotec star website and downloaded the Fortec STB Uploader Ver 3.31. Is this the right one?

I also found this:
X-85CS_060318_273T_GC_DN_BEV_RTN_TVE_4sec_api(N).zip
(size: 364.7 KB last modified: 03-18-2006 )
FORTEC ULTRA and Clones Auto Roll fix.
Added the Clone Safe Routines and Tivo Hughes ir remote codes and RTN_TVE and 4 second remote delay. Also changed the background to the Lightning Background. This bin is good for all clones , 2500A , Fortec Ultras and all other clones that the 272t2 bin works on. I have tested it on my Fortec Ultra with bad chipset combo 2005 70PTFN and all is good. DN Autorolling fine.

Once again This fix Goes out to all involved from the begining to find all these malicious codes in the past bin. Thanks especially to YONO and JVVH for there continued support.

Is this the right file?
Sorry for all of the stupid questions but as I say, new to this. I really appreciate the help!

Bronze Member
Username: Grimreeper

Post Number: 31
Yes thats the right bin if you cant get it to load with the fortec loader download and use the blacklist loader.You can either scan for channels or load a channel list remember to set default keys after loading bin

Post Number: 4
ok, I tried both the fortec loader and the blacklist with this downloaded file and entered model lifetime ultra. With the blacklister, it says write failed and with the fortec loader, it says wrong model. Any suggestions? Thanks

X-85CS_060318_273T_GC_DN_BEV_RTN_TVE_4sec_api(N).zip
(size: 364.7 KB last modified: 03-18-2006 )
FORTEC ULTRA and Clones Auto Roll fix.

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 1568
Pat attention to switch ON/OFF positions and the timing of download!...and U MUST have a serial port, not USB..

Here are a few tips if you are having difficulty flashing:

I would advise everyone to read a set up guide before flashing. But, since people have been having some problems, I have revised this to provide more detailed information. But this is not intended to be a substitute.

1. Make sure you use the proper serial cable for your receiver:
Most Fortec and Pansat use a straight through cable with DB9 females on both ends.
The Blackbird and pansat 2700/3500 uses null (crossover) cable, which crosses over pins 2 and 3.

2, With the power turned off, connect it to your computer and receiver using the serial connector. Use serial port #1 if you can.

3. If you do not have a working serial port, you must install one or use a computer that has one. Cannot use USB ports..

4. Use the appropriate loader.

5. Select the file. Make sure that it is the correct flash for your receiver.

6. Select the COM port your receiver is connected to. If you do not know, what it is try #1 first.

7. Enter the correct model name and number...No need to with Blacklist 1.4 loader

8. Check off the correct function box. Your choices are boot, flash or channel list. To FLASH your receiver you would use FLASH. Most flashes do not require a separate boot; so do not load both separately.

9. Turn on the receiver power from the back switch.

10. As soon as you see the lights flash,very first light -- IMMEDIATELY press download.

11. Wait until it COMPLETES and reboots.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us