Fortec Lifetime Ultra

Username: Gcunha

Toronto, Ontario

Post Number: 3
Does anyone know where I can get Bin files for fortec lifetime ultra?

Thanks in advance

Username: Frutuoso

Mtl, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 2
help my my fortec is ded

Silver Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 785
Dead fortec..put in garbage..

George...where do U get shoes?..ooh , a shoe store!

Well U get DSS bin files, at DSS web sites..go there...there must be a thousand!

mymaildepo77
Unregistered guest
Fortec is not dead...do some reading and there is some help out there to repair your reciever. Go to a FTS site and spend a night or two going through the forums to learn about what problem you have. You will need to know what year and modle # you have and how you killed the reciever. Or if you can not do it yourself look around for a local FTA retailer who may be able to help repair it for some $. I have a fortec and am happliy watching TV. Nothing lasts forever but the Fortec has a alot of life left in it. There are 1000's of Fortecs out there and good helpful people willing to support the fortec.

For LK to tell you to throw it in the garbage is just an ignorant comment. As much help as people think LK is in this forum, comments like that are rather snobbish and useless dribble. Being constructive will be far more help.

mymaildepo77
Unregistered guest
Fortec is not dead...do some reading and there is some help out there to repair your reciever. Go to a FTS site and spend a night or two going through the forums to learn about what problem you have. You will need to know what year and modle # you have and how you killed the reciever. Or if you can not do it yourself look around for a local FTA retailer who may be able to help repair it for some $. I have a fortec and am happliy watching TV. Nothing lasts forever but the Fortec has a alot of life left in it. There are 1000's of Fortecs out there and good helpful people willing to support the fortec.

For LK to tell you to throw it in the garbage is just an ignorant comment. As much help as people think LK is in this forum, comments like that are rather snobbish and useless dribble. Being constructive will be far more help.

Silver Member

Post Number: 790
mymail..Fortec is garbage...they almost give them away now...there is no more software support for them, very limited....just cause U own one, big deal...its junk pal!..its a dinosaur!...why spend money on something that is uselss...thats throwing away money..I suppose U keep 20 year old cars and dump $2000 into a tranny for it when u can't get any more parts and the rest of the car is junk ..I can see U are a real smart financial guy..

its time to let go and move on, invest in a real FTA receiver...time to clean the basement!..pack rat!

mymaildepo77
Unregistered guest
If you have a Fortec I will galdly take it.... I am getting great use out of it. I will use the Fortec until it is run into the ground. If it wasn't working I would agree with you then put it in the garbage, but they can be usede and can be fixed for now.

mymaildepo77
Unregistered guest
Also LK , nice name calling....I got over that in grade 2.

Username: Terryhhh

lk you make me howl anyway got a shitty lifetime ultra?? lost all channels think I reset defaults or something also couldn't punch in letter f where do i find out how to get my channels back please thanx

Silver Member

Post Number: 794
Use a pansat bin 256T and convert it to a pansat 2500..manually input the keys and scan the sats, then watch TV..

Username: Kellyintenn

I just about hate to ask for help but WTH, right? okay here goes... Gotta fortec star lifetime ultra and want to fix it for a friend. It worked before and now it gets no power. I have been to dss sites and I don't know if it's "jtagged" or dead or whatever term you want to use I never have problems with my pansat the fortec is a headache but i said i would give it a shot so I would greatly appreciate advice from somebody who knows what they are doing. (i know a dead pansat can be revived can a fortec?) Thanks Guys!

Username: Terryhhh

Post Number: 5
o.k. guys went and got a bunch of files do I now load them on to my fortec somehow?? help cheers!!lol may be easier to call THE MAN and buy me a pansat!! lol later

Silver Member

Post Number: 815
Go read the Pansat set up guide in the first ARCHIVES here..upload bin and setting up receiver is simple..hardest thing to do is finding the satellites with the LNB's on your roof dish..

Silver Member

Post Number: 816
Pansat set Up guide..

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/196906.html

Bronze Member
Username: Prfrmnj

Post Number: 66
For all you Fortec users. If you had read the new v. old fortec thread, you would have seen the 2 resistor mod which is pretty much the way to go to solve you problems. Once you've done the mod, load bin 271t and this will convert you're fortec into pansat along with a fully working autoroll. This is for the 614 tuner. Chipset really means nothing with this mod so don't bother with it. I have done this mod to at least 15 receivers and they are all up and running.

Silver Member

Post Number: 865
Fortecs at one time were made with the Pansats by Global...but things have changed...Now I believe Ariza and the new Fortecs are made together...Ultra are no longer being made...Global had a beef with Fortec and started putting inferior parts into their Ultra's, thats why the old tuner 0614 vs new tuner 0624 is so important...U are very limited what u can use on the Ultra's, just the same as with clone receivers..Without doing the various mods (there are a few)an Ultra can cause U many headaches and Jtags...Most people don't want to do the mods cause they just want FREE TV and are not hobbyists...thats why I recommended ,get rid of your Ultra...if U do the mods and spend the time,then OK keep it , use it, enjoy it...even with the mods, they are not the best pictures or EPG but will suffice for Free TV using still very limited Pansat software..If U do NOT do the mods, then expect problems ...that why I suggest upgrading to those people..

PFR obviously enjoys this hobby and is comfortable soldering (or due to finances has to be resourceful)...listen to what he says about Fortecs..

Bronze Member
Username: Prfrmnj

Post Number: 72
Thanks LK - Not finances, I'm a retired Navy Captain after 26 years (good retirement check) and got a great job. But I do like the hobby.

And yes, I did dispose of the Fortec I was using. But I still fix them for my friends. Now using the Pasant 3500. Pretty good receiver.

Silver Member

Post Number: 867
I am retired USAF Lt Col...30 years...with great pension and 100% VA comp..and Soc Sec due to the 100% VA comp...and under 54..

Username: Nalbouz

Post Number: 4
Hello ,
I have 30" dish with standard lnb pointed at 121 with fortec Ultra receiver.
I'm planning to install HH90 motor, to get all the possible sats. i know that i need circular lnb for certain sats. now can i just put the 2 lnb together and do the motor installation? or there's something else i have to do?

Thank you in advance

Silver Member
Username: Leew

Ketchikan, ALASKA

Post Number: 104
hey naser, buy Invacom QPH-031 Quad Polar LNB (Both Circular and Linear)and watch tv.Upload

Username: Nalbouz

Post Number: 5
Hello Mike,

Thanks a lot. it's about $130 canadian!!!!!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1074
Here's a new bin released 30 minutes ago...its the 282T2 for the Fortec Ultra...its an autoroll, so U must set the default key to activate the current working keys and autoroll..its also good foe ALL ULTRA's , both new and old, 0614 or 0624 tuner,and no resistor mods needed...also it gets Bev and Dishnet....and lastly it works on Pansat 2500 clones also..its been tested with and without mods to the Ultra and works on all of them safely..thanks to chancysand

[link removed]

BTW...there is a 282T bin floating around that was initially released tonight but is ONLY good with Ultra's that had resistor mods to 165 and 166...That is NOT the same bin as I linked 282T2 above which is good for ALL Ultra's..so look for the bin with the 2 on the end of file name

Gold Member

Post Number: 1077
New link for the 272T2 safe bin for all Ultra's...typo error above post (282T2)

[link removed]
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us