RECOVER FROM b-70 LOCK-UP ERRORS

Silver Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 851
RECOVER FROM b-70 LOCK-UP ERRORS

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE OLD, but still needed, NULL MODEM, WAY:

You must use this method to RECOVER FROM b-70 LOCK-UP ERRORS - which may be caused by corrupted or improper bins - channel or code.

1. Using the switch on the back of the receiver, turn the power OFF.

2. Securely, connect the RS232 Null Modem cable (#2,3 crossed) between the receiver and the PC.

3. Open the GTRom Loader V3.4 (Pansat 3500S).

4. Click and browse to select the unzipped Factory Bin File which is to be downloaded.

5. Select FILE TYPE: APP FILE ONLY

6. Power up the 3500 with the switch on the back and as soon as you see the front display flash b-70, hit the download button of the GTRom loader.

7. Do not interrupt the receiver or its' power while downloading until after it re-boots on its own.

8. Press OK after "Download Complete!!" appears on the PC screen.

Unless you need to re-flash from a constantly displayed b-70, you really should use the SD card - it's faster and easier on the cables and equipment.

BL Loader, Factory Bin and Channel Editor attached as 3500s.zip
Attached Files 3500S.zip

http://forums.dsstester.c om/vbb/showthread.php?t=48185

BTW...this fix can be applied to any Pansat model...just use a different loader, the correct cable and the appropriate factory bin for your model..

Username: Bmcmullin

Post Number: 1
I have the constantly displayed B-70 error and I've tried the instructions provided, plus other methods I've read and nothing works.

Following the instructions provided above, it will start do download. The PC will get to 4% and go no further. To display of the 3500 has a dash that moves very slowly from left to right. It appears to be 'stuck'. How long should it take?

Bill

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 1016
This works 100% of the time..be patient, be persistent...another loader sometimes helps..timing is important..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us