Can i use the direct hd 3 lnb

Username: Peterpetikhater

SpreckelUnited States

Post Number: 2
i am using a direct type lnb
well these work, i only get certain channels on the 110 and 119 but have to have the 22khz on to get a strong signal,
should i toss this dish and get a dish 500
any help would be great,
i googled it and didnt come up with anything

allso when i do the pid scan some of the tp are real strong but for the most part most are in the red

Bronze Member
Username: Boyce

Post Number: 11
copy and paste from other site
I needed to build a second satellite rig for our vacation home, but discovered that the older Dave Ovals with removeable LNB's were slim pickin's on Fleabay, and conversely, the newer "Phase 3" units with the three molded LNB's were all over the place.
Now the Phase 3 has inherent problems for our usage; the center LNB is single polarity, meaning it won't serve our purposes, and in addition, it will interfere with some of the transponders on the other 2 LNB's, so it's a real troublemaker.
My solution was to obtain both a Phase 3 setup, and, in addition, a plastic yoke and three separate LNB's, and mate 'em all together.
I did eBay auctions for both the Phase 3, and separately for an "Eagle Aspen Multiswitch", which came housed in the 3 LNB plastic yoke, which was the only part I wanted. It took me about 3 weeks of scanning auctions to get this item. You might diligently search for terms such as "yoke", "triple LNB", "Eagle Aspen", "Multiswitch", etc, in the "Satellite TV Accessories" heading at eBay to get the yoke. Searching satellite dealers on the net might be another option.
Looking at the first scan, the triple LNB that came with the Phase 3 dish, and the metal multiswitch from the other auction, both on the right side, were discarded. The dish arm was cut right at the point where it flared out, and a hole drilled in the remaining end, to allow the yoke to be screwed to it. A small piece of plastic, blocking the "throat" of the yoke was also removed with a Dremel tool. It is laying in front of the yoke, and it's removal was necessary to allow coaxes to be run from the LNB's through the dish arm.
The yoke was then screwed to the dish arm, and the LNB's placed into it and secured with screws.
The left most LNB receives Nimiq 1 at 91 degrees, the center is vacant, the right LNB receives D/N's 110, and secured to it is the last LNB receiving 119.
I tested the rig on the ground and it works well with about a 15 degree tilt here on the west coast.
Overall, I think it's a pretty slick looking rig, and it works great (for sale-1 molded triple LNB CHEAP, lol).

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 2234
The 3 LNB DTV phase 3 dish is a POS for FTA...stay away from it...if U want Dishnet, U will need to add more LNB's....to align its a nightmare...its not a smart choice for non DTV use...yes U can modify it , cut it, add LNB's, etc but why go thru all that BS when there are so many other dishes that are so much simpler to use..

U can get a dish 500 with a TWIN DP LNB for $79 anywhere!...its the easiest, no switches needed, dish to use!

SpreckelUnited States

Post Number: 3
thanks for the help, ill dump this and get the dish 500
as for cutting and adding seems like to much hassle

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 2241
http://sadoun.com/Sat/Order/Dishes/Dish-Network-Satellite-Dish.htm

SpreckelUnited States

Post Number: 4
thanks for all the help,
my neighbor down the road has about three of them from new install so i am getting one of those for free

thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us