What Satillite Dish to use

Username: Ssenow

Post Number: 1
I have been reading through the forums but do not see any talk about the best dish to use. What are people using now?

nordenstar
Unregistered guest
go to this side http://www.cia.gov/?

The CIA naw is in bissnes of dish

nordenstar
Unregistered guest
go to this side http://www.cia.gov/?

The CIA naw is in bissnes of dish

Post Number: 2
That does not help me, I am looking a dish setup to pick as many satellites as the receiver will be able to pick up. I see a set up on EBAY that will do 4 satellites but do not know if the PANSAT 2700 will be able to pick up this many.

Silver Member
Username: Thehitch

Fla.

Post Number: 252
Hey John: A single stable dish can only pick up a few satellites and they have to be adjacent to one another ex; 110,119,129 etc. Your receiver will receive information from many, many birds, aligning your dish is the prob. If you want a multitude of diff birds I suggest a motorized dish system. I have a viewsat plat. and it is capable of controlling a motorized dish, I don`t know about the 2700 your manual should say. Good luck. Also your location is significant, you must have line of sight(no obstructions).

Post Number: 3
The info is great hitch, thanks alot. I do not know if the 2700 is able to control a motor, but I check.

Do you know if I can use a standard DN switch with the 2700 to pick up 110, 119 and 121, or do I need a different switch?

Post Number: 4
I'm thinking a Superdish would do teh job, but is costs quite abit. Does anybody know a replacement for the Superdish?

Post Number: 5
I'm thinking a Superdish would do the job, but is costs quite abit. Does anybody know a replacement for the Superdish?

Bronze Member
Username: Homer_simpson

Post Number: 26
I have a dish 500 with my Pansat 2500, works well. Paid $20 from ebay for the dish.

Username: Spot09

Post Number: 1
So, your Dish 500 will pick up both the 110 and 119? Is that a 20" dish?

I was going to buy a 18" x 24" elliptical dish with the 110 and 119 lnb attached. I have just been told to stay away because they are extremely hard to get aimed properly. The problem is, I already have one 18" dish mounted for my direct TV, and I don't want to mount two more for the 110 and 119 for my FTA receiver.

Pansat 2700A

Gold Member
Username: Thill1951akalk

Post Number: 1346
Dish 500 is the simplest dish to align,and is a small dish...The DTV 3LNB phase 3 dish cannot be used for BOTH DTV and DN at the same time... A simple 18 round single LNB(tie another LNB = poormans dish) or 2 LNB dish can easily be used for DN 110-119..NO NEED for 2 more dishes,just 1...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us