Wanna be newbie questions

sparkey
Unregistered guest
I have read several hundred pages of info on fta and belive I have most of the basics, but would a moterized system be better than multiple lnb's?
also not sure of what the acronym bev and nag2 are are these ecm programs?? and how often do the codes change on avg? LT & Maple Leaf you have posted a lot of helpfull info
thanks

sparkey
Unregistered guest
Is there any real diff with rg6 and rg6quad I know there is a 2nd layer of sheilding but is this really needed if there is not much RFI?
+ quad cost 30% more and will not fit my standard digicon f fittings

Username: Ssenow

Post Number: 7
I am new to the game as well. From what I gather,RG6 is plenty fine for the job and I will be going with the combination of a 2700A (not clone) and a DISH1000 from Dishnetwork. Alot of people have the SUPERDISH, but the 61.9 LNB soon will not be used. The DISH1000 will give you 110, 119 and 121.

Hope this helps.

sparkey
Unregistered guest
Thanks J.S. :-) I was thinking this site was a waste, the only info I could find was old and took massive amounts of reading.
A firend gave me a single lnb dish to try as my old 12' dish is in bad shape.
Havent tried sats since before I went into the service and I am retired now,, things have changed alot since I built my first LNA

sparkey
Unregistered guest
Thanks J.S. :-) I was thinking this site was a waste, the only info I could find was old and took massive amounts of reading.
A firend gave me a single lnb dish to try as my old 12' dish is in bad shape.
Havent tried sats since before I went into the service and I am retired now,, things have changed alot since I built my first LNA

Bronze Member
Username: Ikaleem

Post Number: 49
Here is some info
BEV: Bell ExpressVu...It is a satellite provider from Canada

NAG2: Nagra2 is an encryption used by both bell and Dishnet

They keys on bell change everyday...Dish net last changed the keys on Dec 20

You are okay with RG6

sparkey
Unregistered guest
thanks Wiz, with auto roll bin how often do you loose or need to update keys? looks like bev would be a pain to keep updated...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us