Direct tv receiver question

Username: Leezkat

Post Number: 1
Hi, I have a RCA Model DRD221RD. I cannot get channels under 100 - like channel 2 or 3. Other people with RCA receivers get these channels. Can someone help...Thanx

Gold Member
Username: Thill1951akalk

Post Number: 1279
call DirecTV...U must subscribe to get DTV..

BTW...those are local channels (under 100), so U must have the locals included in your subscription package to get them!

Username: Leezkat

Post Number: 2
thx for responding. I am subscribed but one of my receivers (the one I mentioned) is the only one that doesn't go under 100) I have different receivers but this is the only one giving me this problem.Pls respond again.Thanx

the_vsername
Unregistered guest
Just a thought, is the DRD221 receiver on a switched outlet? You'll need to leave it powered for at least 48 hours straight to bring in the local staions (a/c on continuously).
If after a couple days they still won't come in, call and tell DTV you're not getting the local stations on one of the receivers.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1293
Call DTV now,if U pay for locals,then they should come in...have U tried NOT using the Guide then arrow/channel down to 1-100?....just punch using numeric key pad buttons in 4 or 38 or whatever channels U want under 100..and a receiver left unplugged for a month (usually 55 days) or so will lose channels (tiers expire- call x 722 message on bottom of screen at those channels)but turned off by a switch daily or on ocassion shouldn't cause that..

Gold Member

Post Number: 1294
The card in that receiver needs a reset and DTV update to the locals byte in it...DTV can correct that in 2 seconds, over the phone..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us