Usb to serial port

Unregistered guest
has anyone out there had luck making a usb port into a serial port to program boxes. i just got a new laptop and want to retire my old one but i havn't had any luck with the adapter i bought at radio scrap.

USB2SerialPort
Unregistered guest
http://www.provantage.com/buy-7cptc00a-usb-serial-adapter-cp-technologies-03-sho pping.htm

lagerdrinker
Unregistered guest
has this cable worked for you or someone you know who programs there box because i got one from radioshack and it doesn't work

Gold Member
Username: Thill1951akalk

Post Number: 1348
very few USB adapter will work...depends on many things...OS,make/model laptop etc..

most people MUST use the straight or null modem cable to a SERIAL port on desktop computers..

Silver Member
Username: Thehitch

Fla.

Post Number: 284
Hey USB2; Thanks for the link, lotsa cool stuff and the prices were reasonable.

cwcwcw
Unregistered guest
Has anyone tried this cable and does it work for windows xp?

Gold Member
Username: Maple_leaf

Post Number: 1230
It works on some laptops and not on others. Don't know why.

Silver Member
Username: Thehitch

Fla.

Post Number: 290
Well Guys I agree with what has already been mentioned, win2k pro is not very likely to work via laptop, at least not for me and I have a com. port, no messing with usb`s and still not able to load my vwst. plt. or a clst. pro.

@Maple; I have an IBM T-23 about four years old, reckon that could be the prob.? When I got it (used) it already had the OS in it, maybe the OS is screwed, I didn`t get a COA with it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us