D* multiple receivers question

Anonymous

Okay, I've searched this (and other) forums extensively and have only come across my question twice and it was anwered by neither so I'm asking now myself.

I'm upgrading a DTV system to a DVR receiver. I want to put the old one in another room but I don't want to pay the extra five bucks a month. I've read this can't be done but I'd like to understand why. Seems like there should be some sort of workaround.

I already have the out to tv signal split to 2 other tv's in the house but of course they all show the same thing since they're all from the same tuner.

Could you not just pull the card for a period of time (when they send the signal to kill the card) and then reinsert it and use it? Or do they repeatedly send the signal to kill the card forever? Or is there more to it than that?

There are none and never have been and never will be phone lines connected to this receiver (other than initial setup a few years ago) The same will go for the new one.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Anonymous

That card is DEACTIVATED permanently!...like they pull the motor out of a car!...it doesn't matter if U are there (card is in receiver or pulled out)once its DEACTIVATED!

Phone lines have nothing to do with anything (as far as stopping DEACTIVATION) except PPV ordering with remote and DTV knowing what U purchased ios the ONLY purposr of any phone line..DEACTIVATION is done by satellite,and the second the card is in receiver and receives the signal and its on the deactivation list,then its history!...

ayonomous
Unregistered guest
The card tiers expire in 50 days and about every 30 hours, at randomn, they send a deactivation command to your card. PPVs deactivation commands on expired cards are sent once every 45 minutes. So, what does that add up to, in your opinion?
People probably aren't answering your question because you're trying to cheat DickTV out of a meesely $5 a month, you cheap asp.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us