C00LSAT vs VIEWSAT

FTATOM
Unregistered guest
I'm in the market looking to purchase a new receiver and I've heard that the c00lsat is one of the best fta receivers but someone else told me that the viewsat2000 platinum is even better so can someone tell me the diffrences between there 2 receivers and which you would recommend? Any input from current users of either boxes is appreciated. I would really like to know the pros and cons of each. thanks.

Silver Member
Username: H3lt3r_sk3lt3r

Post Number: 706
Viewsat is generally more 'suped up' than a c00lsat, faster processor, more ram, but lately, especially with the key changes viewsat proved to be more reliable in that area, c00lsat has no manual key entry, viewsat does, also as of late there have been some killer bins released for c00lsat, but I haven't seen one for viewsat, and viewsat is more affordable at just $200 per unit.

I have both, and I would definitely recommend that you go with viewsat.

FTATOM
Unregistered guest
@ h3lt3r sk3lt3r

What about the guide on the C00lSat? I heard that its very reliable and fast? How does it compare with Viewsat2000 Platium's guide?

Silver Member
Username: H3lt3r_sk3lt3r

Post Number: 708
@FTATOM

You have to take into consideration one thing, fta receivers are made of cheap parts, and you can look at it anyway you want but the epg would not be as fast as a DN receiver. The epg on c00lsat, viewsat and pansat (though pansat gets a better epg if used with echostar package) are all just about the same, on some channels it might appear faster on others you'd be waiting a while to see anything at all, although it is becoming a little better with every bin release.

FTATOM
Unregistered guest
Anyone with a c00lsat or Viewsat2000 Platinum can tell me what they like about their unit? Intelligent or Informative Responses is appreciated! Thank you.

Bronze Member
Username: Learningsats

Post Number: 20
@FTATOM

I am in the same situation. I am considering the Pansat 3500S, C**lsat 5000, or the Viewsat 2000 platinum. I am leaning toward the Viewsat mainly because of the speed of the processor. The Pansat 3500s I think would be my 2nd choice, then the C**lsat 5000 but really its a difficult choice for me. But I will probably go with the Viewsat since so many people say its a winner as well as it being faster.

As far as looks, I have always liked the cool looks of the silver or black C**lsat pro 4000s. They really look cool with that chrome circular dial on the front. :-) But eventhough the Viewsat doesnt look as cool as the 4000, it seems to be the better choice in just from my research.

Silver Member
Username: Spank

Post Number: 316
Viewsat gets my vote.

therefrifter
Unregistered guest
ive been a c00lsat owner since the first plus model came out. no regrets since theres always a wide range of support. i suggest stick with what people know...

do a yahoo search and find yourself a reputable dealer

Silver Member
Username: Thehitch

Fla.

Post Number: 178
Heres my two cents worth, I had both the clst. pro and the vwst. plt, both are very good, but I sold the cool. to a friend and kept the vwst. for myself, need I say more?
SHOP< SHOP, I paid $185 delivered, priority mail(3 days), It also had a built-in card reader, not that its needed right now, but it is an extra value.

FTATOM
Unregistered guest
The c00lsat have a component video output but the viewsat doesnt? What is that used for and how much of a diffrence does it make?

Silver Member

Fla.

Post Number: 185
Hey FTATOM; I already said my piece, but in answer to your last ? component is the best, without going into HD, but we`re speaking factory testing etc. I couldn`t see the difference between component and s-video on my 52" widescreen, that`s me and I`m getting older, maybe young, sharp eyes could tell a diff., but all considered it is up to you and your preferences, mine go with vwst. plt., and I looked at both on the same t.v.

Silver Member

Fla.

Post Number: 186
Hey FTATOM; Just flip a coin and go for it, you can`t loose, both are good, quit fcuking around and buy it!!! The next question will be which looks better silver or black, toss the coin and start testing befor you wear out your keyboard with superfluous querries.

dssjunkie
Unregistered guest
Get the Viewsat Man!!... it's the real deal .The Coolcrap you will wish you got Viewsat,trust me!

Silver Member
Username: Thill1951akalk

Post Number: 922
sorry,can't trust U...U've already been caught lying and starting trouble here..

Silver Member
Username: Need4bass

We-Be-Swamps, Louisiana

Post Number: 160
Thought I'd duck in from the audio section. Been in the FTA game since '03 and used all the boxes. The VS2000 is better HW but, you can't use it to it's full potential because the current .bins suck! If and when the coders get their act together the VS will be a better box, until then the CS5000 owms the game. I know everybodys got their own opinion but, these are the facts.

dssjunkie
Unregistered guest
thill1951, Never started trouble here ever,just only called you on something and you got p1ssed!Never lied either,Just wanted to know if others were also finaly seeing the truth about 102 being compromised.Just for the record you did help me out in the past when I was newbie and now I'm passing it forward to others.V1ewsat is the best one to get over c00lrap!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us