FTA with no remote.. Remote is on the way, until then?

Anonymous

Hi, I recently got a FTA system, unknown brand but obviously a clone of the pansat 2500a. After reading alot on these very helpful forums. I figured out what files i needed and loader.. Built myself a cross over serial cable, which took a bit of reading. and im sure everything is ready to go, except pointing the dish. I dont know what remote i need, or if what i did even works. my receiver is all hooked up, i have the language menu on the screen. My question is relativly simple but couldnt find an answer reading.
PS this is my very first post ever

Here is my question:
Is there a file i can upload to this device that would have the settings preset in it, where i could just point my dish and get my channels?

Looking to get Dishnet sat 110 or 119 on a bell dish

Latest N2 bin installed for 2500a+clones

This "clone" has only channel up and down buttons, no menu and no ok. I took it all apart to check if buttons were disabled, but no buttons are installed on chip.

Basically want to set it up, and "test" it for myself before buying a fancy expensive learning remote...

Any answers would be appreciated, and i definatly did my share of reading before this post

Silver Member
Username: H3lt3r_sk3lt3r

Post Number: 546
You can load a channel list, but you'll have to make sure that all of the settings on that channel list match your physical setup (ie diseq settings).

Username: Cryogenic

K-town, BC

Post Number: 4
I am having troubles finding a channel list for my setup, will just have to wait for a remote

Silver Member
Username: H3lt3r_sk3lt3r

Post Number: 548
@MrBojangles

You can download a channel list and match your setup to it, most channel lists come pretty standard with 119 configured to diseq #1, 11250, 22khz ON and 110 to diseq #2, 11250, 22khz OFF, it's NOT hard to match especially with only 2 sats.

And you can always edit a channel list to your liking or to your physical setup in Channel Master, you just have to TRY, don't be lazy there are 100's of work-arounds.

K-town, BC

Post Number: 5
rad thanks man, just downloaded channel master, gonna give it a shot! thanks, and hey, i aint lazy im a tile setter not a magician.. LOL

K-town, BC

Post Number: 6
weird, used gtools, found a channel list and uploaded it to my box, btw using either 110 or 119 not sure which is better. set it up for 110 checked all dish settings, chose stb 2 and uploaded.. box reset, hooked it up to tv and still the language menu..

I dont think theres any getting past that language menu man.. not without a remote

Bronze Member
Username: Thehitch

Fla.

Post Number: 72
You might try a universal remote that has "auto scan for code" feature. I have one that has an aux. feature that I used to run a kenwood stereo after my puppy chewed the original one.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us