Poor picture from brand new plasma.

Username: Del_tl1000r

Post Number: 1
I have just bought a new 42"Hitachi 42PD5200HDTV.
Watching a DVD the picture is fine but watching digital cable tv through a normal scart the picture is perfectly visible but looks a bit blurry due to pixelation.I have spent £1500 on this TV and am very disappointed with the picture.I have spoken to Telewest who are my cable providers and they have said that I have to either reduce the Frequency of my TV to 55Hz or I need to fit a converter.I have looked through the manual for my TV but can see no way of changing the frequency.Please be aware that I am new to all this so if there are any replies to this it needs to be simple plain English.I am only just beginning to get up to speed with the different type of connectors that are available.

hdtv tips
Unregistered guest
that's because cable output is outputting analog signal, that's why it's blury.

you need a digital cable box that has an output with either components or HDMI output connection, then the picture on your tv is a true HD.

if you have your cable box out with the RCA cable connection to your TV, then it's not a true HD signal, even though your cable broadcast HD signal.

In order to recieve HD signal, you have to use either components or HDMI cable.

Good Advice
Unregistered guest
good advice stinky nuts

Username: Fta4free

Post Number: 1
when you watch none-hidef TV you need to watch it through the coax cable instead of RCA or DVI cable.
that should do the trick.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us