DirecTV on Dish Network Dish?

Username: Skyone

Post Number: 1
I am not a very technical person so please don't be rude if this sounds stupid. I have a camp about 100 miles away from my home and I wanted to setup a dish for up there. I purchased a receiver identical to the ones in my home and was curious if i have to get a new card or use the same card I curently pay for in my home to bring with me when i travel to my camp. Also another question can I use an old dish network dish to receive my direct tv signal as long as I follow the proper angle and stuff for my area? Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,

LK
Unregistered guest
You will need another activated subscribed card from DTV ($5 per month and $20 initial cost). Also U must give DTV all the info from your new receiver (ID #,make, model serial # etc).You can use an old Dishnet roof dish, if aimed correctly.

LK
Unregistered guest
BTW...don't tell them its for a cabin...keep it simple,tell DTV its for another room in the house..also U possibly might not get the locals at the cabin due to spotbeam etc..

Anonymous

Thanks for the help, I used to know someone that traveled with a camper trailer and set up a portable dish stand and would just use his same setup wherever he camped. That is why I was wondering if I can bring my activated card for my house to my camp and use it over there. But anyway the dish network dish will work, but I will have to aim it properly. So I should just call and tell them the card is for another room? I already have three rooms on my account. Can you have 4?

LK
Unregistered guest
yes U can have 4...I know some with 10...The reason U need another card is that your present card is MARRIED to your present receiver and now it will not work in another receiver!...U can take your old receiver AND old card together to the cabin...BUT NOT new receiver and OLD card!..the old card will NOT work in BOTH receivers!...U can call DTV and have old card work in New reciver,but then it won't work again in OLD receiver...so do what U want...I would either bring OLD receiver and OLD card everytime to the cabin, or pay the $5 a month and get another card and leave the new receiver and new card at the cabin always..U decide..but those are your options..

LK
Unregistered guest
BTW...reason I say, tell DTV U're just adding another room...I tried that cabin routine and DTV wanted me to pay for an ENTIRE 2nd account because its at another location..OR MUST suspend my home account and activate my cabin account everytime I went from home to cabin..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us