To Hack or Not Hack.. That is the question

Hackmaster
Unregistered guest
From a site that actually knows what they are talking about!

http://www.dss-newbies.net/forums/showthread.php?t=23287

We are currently making arrangments to test some products that claim to do what none have done so far... Bring dave back into you living room. Hopefully within the next 2-4 weeks we'll have something concrete so make sure you got us bookmarked as one of your favorite sites but keep your money til you hear from us.

LK
Unregistered guest
Hackmaster..U must be a registered member there to read that thread link..so just do a copy/paste here..

James Heyes
Unregistered guest
LK one question please. I've been coming to this forum for over half a year and it used to be very enlightning, but now in order to read the few useful info I have to read alot of crap (sorry for the term, but its what it really is). So, do you know of a site (other than Al7bar) where I can read the latest news of the dss situation but in a more concise manner? thanks for any suggestion.

Hackmaster
Unregistered guest
Sorry LK.

I thought that might be a problem with the link. You are right you do have to be a member.

Unfortunately, that is the Cut and Paste underneath it. They are keeping it very quiet as to what they are doing.
I think I know what some of it is but not sure 100%. All I can say is I will post when I get more info. I promise you this, if they have something, it will work.

hackmaster
Unregistered guest
Just a quick update - a test board is on the way and your mods will be able to confirm its abilities shortly
Thanks all

The Premier Board is a circuit board that will allow you to watch the premier channels on Directv... plus more.... while only having a basic subscription!! That is correct. Get DTV's complete premier programming package, plus sports packages, PPV and Adult programming with only a basic subscription. Simply get a basic subscription on your P4/P5 card. Once your account is set up, it is best to have online access to your DTV account. If you do not have online access, you can still use the Premier Board - you simply would subcribe to the full package for a month, then go back to basic subscription. With just the P4/P5 card in the receiver, you go online, log into your DTV account, and add the premier channels like HBO, Showtime, etc, plus any sports packages you want, even Pl@yboy . With online access to your DTV account, the changes, additions or deletions of programming is almost instant. Wait for the upgraded channels to appear on your TV. Once that happens, remove your access card from the receiver, insert your P4/P5 in the Premier board (it just slides in), then insert them together in your receiver. Leave the board and access card in the receiver for 10 minutes (after you upgrade your account). Then go back online, remove all the programming except for the basic subscription. All your channels will remain on while you are only billed for a basic subscription!! You can also get PPV like an old activation scripts in the past, but you CANNOT plug in the phone line. Another feature is the board has an automatic updater. If you lose the programming for whatever reason, just flip the entire board over in update mode with the card already inserted for 5 minutes; flip it back to viewing mode and within a few minutes, ALL the programming comes back on.
The Premier board has been in testing mode for over a year and has only needed updating a few times. It cannot be taken down or zapped because the board is in the receiver and not the card. It will update any changes done to the card, through the board.
The Premier Board is here and works exactly as advertised.

LK
Unregistered guest
thats an OLD scam that other sites are selling now..its an old no 745 board theory..I don't believe dss-newbies is selling it,they are too reputable for that...maybe a sponsor there is..but won't be a sponsor there for long..dss-newbies will test it and confirm its authenticity..

Hackmaster
Unregistered guest
No there not selling it. Someone is giving them a board supposedly to test and tell all that this works and is not a scam. I hope to know the actual truth in the next 2-4 weeks.
I just can't believe a scammer would give away something if there wasn't some validity to it. DSS-Newbies got it for an hour so they didn't get enough time to do much.

Anonymous

got it - working four days now
paying for basic sub i get full premier package plus playb*y plus sports pak plus soccer packages and locals pak
www.privatesoftware.com/premiertest.htm

asdf_asdf_asdf
Unregistered guest
That's odd. There's been a guy named Anonymous defending this board all over the place. I think he keeps getting banned also.LOL

LK
Unregistered guest
I have read much about this board.The one site selling it swears it works.Its not a DTV hack,just a way to upgrade from basic to the DTV premium/platinum package (its the old wafer board theory)..dss-newbies.net will test the boards for 4-6 weeks then make a public announcement to their members ,then post their results.U can buy this board for $250,but U can share a LEGIT DTV premium sub and it only will cost U about $20 a month,so why buy the board!..do NOT buy until dss-newbies either confirms it works or exposes this as a scam.

Anonymous2
Unregistered guest
lk don't go past what you know - the board went on sale June 1st - so that 4 weeks is out there..
and newbies got theirs within one week of asking for a test
I have one - i bought it June 1st - I am a member of their forum and was eagerly anticipating its release thats why I am positive on the dates
got mine last monday and am up and running 1 week now

LK
Unregistered guest
WRONG...dss-newbies just got theirs 5 days ago..the seller was VERY slow and hesitant to let newbies test it ( I was involved in this somewhat)...the results will not be released until 15 JULY- 1 August...so anon2, U are full of it...OBVIOUSLY U are a spammer selling the product!

06-15-2005, 08:49 AM
Team Newbies
Team Dss-Newbies Join Date: May 2003

Testing under way

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We see a dealer is getting impatient and looking for a review of their product. Please give us time to do our work, we JUST got the product. The key word is time. We will test every aspect of the product that we can and then give a fair and unbias statement on the product we are testing. This includes advising our members to either go get the product cause it works or stay away cause its a scam. We will not rush this project or any other one. Our reputation is on the line and that means something to us. Be prepared to hear something within 4-6 weeks. We think that should be ample time to do the things we need to do to verify the product.

Anonymous

lol
a public post - lmao!!
so explain again how that is 4 weeks?
in fact, they received Thursday June 9th
register at privatesoftware.com and ask them if you don't believe me
lol
you are a helpful and useful member here
but 4 weeks is a huge exageration
Like I said
mine is running 1 week
www.privatesoftware.com/premiertest.htm

LK
Unregistered guest
I am a member there...I have discussed this there with ALL the admins/mods, and its right here 4-6 weeks and posted 15 June..also we have all discussed this at satscam's also...so what is your problem,other than me exposing U for the BS liar and scammer that U are!

Anonymous2
Unregistered guest
"BTW...the site selling this took 4 weeks just to SELL dss-newbies a board to test"

huh?
that is wrong - period -
newbies got their test within one week of asking for one
I own one - it works
no idea what you are babbling about

Anonymous

Preliminary Review of the Premier Board

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As I'm sure most of our members remember, there has been a recent stir of rumors about a product called the Premier Board. This board is supposed to be a workaround of sorts for watching DirecTV once again. We have received this board and are now in the process of testing. We're happy to report that the supplier, Private Software, has delivered their product to us as promised, and now it's time to see if the product can deliver as well. We know our members are anxious to see if this board works and we wanted to go ahead and give you an preliminary report of how the testing is going thus far.

Remember, DSS-Newbies can not endorse this board at this time, as one of themajor features of the board will take a few weeks to truly test. Keep checking this review for further updates.

First Impressions

Upon open the package containing the Premier Board the first thing that strikes us is that "this is a damn big board". (approximately 5.25" by 2.75") It is certainly not very stealth, and unless you own a DirecTV receiver that has the card slot in the back, it is going to be pretty obvious to anyone that your DirecTV system is not standard. The board itself seems to be of a high quality construction. It's not made from a hard, rigid PCB like an atmega, but rather a more flexible material similar to a Magic Card.

Will it Fit?

Before putting the board into a working receiver, we decided to test how easily the board, with inserted smart card, would go into different receiver models. We have heard of some people having problems getting the assembled board to go all the way in their receivers, and wanted to check with a few different models that we had laying around. The results were as follows:

RCA DRD420 - Fits with no problems.

RCA DRD102RW - Fits with no problems.

Hughes GAEBO - Would not go completely into the card slot / Might be able to force, but we didn't want to damage the board.

Hughes HIRD-E2 - Would not go completely into the card slot / Might be able to force, but we didn't want to damage the board.

Sony SATB55 - Card slot too small / Needs slight enlargement.

Philips DSX5540 - Fits with no problems.

Receivers that have a card slot that is too small or an irregular shape that prohibits the Premier Board from going all the way into the card slot could easily be modified to accomidate the board. The card slots can be enlarged with a dremel tool or some other method, but potential users should be aware that there is the possibility of having to modify their receivers to get the assembled board to fit. We'll add more receivers as we test them.

Setting it Up

As the distributor of this board states, you need to have online access to your DirecTV account. Setting this up is easy. On DirecTV's website you simply click on "My DirecTV", and register for online access using either your DirecTV account number or your Social Security Number. You will then receive instant access to your DirecTV account using a username and password. Following the distributor's instructions, we added Total Choice Premier, Locals, and adult channels to our account using the DirecTV website. Once we had confirmed that the channels were indeed showing on our receiver, we inserted the board and card into the receiver. We then went back online and reduced our programming to the minimum package.

Does it work?

The short answer is that, currently, we are able to watch premium, locals, and adult channels while paying only for a minimum package. But that statement doesn't necessarily tell the whole story.

The distributor states that "If for any reason you lose your added channels, the Premier board has an automatic updater that will bring back your channels! Just flip the entire Premier board over in Update mode (with the access card still inserted), wait about 10 minutes, and the upgraded channels will come back on."

Well this is really the true test of this products usefulness. This is the only feature that differentiates this product from a much less expensive No745 board. But until the tiers expire, we can't completely test the update function.

Pay Per View

Unfortunately the Premier Board does not work for PPV. As stated by the distributor, you can order PPV while your phone line is unplugged - at least until your smart card cuts you off. However this is not a feature of the Premier Board, as you can do the same thing by simply unplugging the phone line from your receiver and ordering normally. When your smart card is full, you can not watch further PPV until you plug your receiver back into the phone line and pay your bill. There is no publicly known method of wiping PPV at this time.

Other Concerns

Although the board (at least so far) delivers as promised, Team Newbies has a few concerns in the use of the board. One of the major keys to using the Premier Board successfully is reliance on the ability to add programming and then remove programming (within the same day) without being charged. Although we believe it's unlikely, If DirecTV were to see the Premier Board as a major loss of revenue, they could change this policy to deter use of devices such as this. Also, some people worry that suspicious changes to programming could be investigated by DirecTV, especially if the updater feature does not work as advertised. There also exists the possiblility that DirecTV could engineer some type of ECM could disable the Premier Board.

Overall

This is not the full compromise of the current DirecTV cards that everyone has been hoping for. It is however a step in the right direction. The updater feature is the true measure of whether this product is a viable solution for subscribers. In the next few weeks we will put the updater feature to the test. For now we advise our members to wait a couple more weeks for completed test results.

firefly
Unregistered guest
Who the hell are you to give this report, Anonymous!!!??? If this is a real deal then use you registered name! You have absolutely no credibity with me on this finding. To me, it is just another bullshit scam.

gizmo
Unregistered guest
I originally posted that report here...it is from admins at hashhu and dss-newbies...go there if U don't believe me...read it for yourself..its actually avery fair unbiased honest report which neither bashs the seller or endorses the product at this time...its too soon to see if the tiers will expire,which would then make this board WORTHY (if flipping the board over REALLY works and updates the tiers)...otherwise its NOT anything special but a typical $50 no 745 board!

stupid question
Unregistered guest
Does this thing really work?

the professsor
Unregistered guest
the site selling it ihas been down for a few days now.If you read the posts here,it says its still being tested for a few more weeks.Reading is a good quality.Laziness is a sign of poor character and mentality.

Anonymous

Yeah well.....private software just got raided. Do you think Dave would waste his time if it they were not on to something????

PrivateSoftware Raided

DIRECTV Sues Canadian Signal Thief for Violating Permanent Injunction; Raid Takes Down Web Site; DIRECTV Also to Seek Contempt Citation

EL SEGUNDO, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--July 12, 2005--DIRECTV (NYSETV) has filed a lawsuit in a Canadian court against a well known signal thief who flouted a permanent injunction order imposed last year to stop selling piracy technology used to steal DIRECTV programming.

The complaint alleges that Elio Gino D'Amario, of Hamilton, Ontario, Canada, has continued to sell pirate devices on his Web site in violation of a permanent injunction entered against him in a U.S. District Court and the Ontario Superior Court of Justice in July 2004. The complaint against D'Amario was the result of an investigation conducted by the DIRECTV Office of Signal Integrity.

D'Amario was identified in 1999 as operating a network of companies and Web sites engaged in selling DIRECTV satellite piracy technology to customers in both the United States and Canada and has been the subject of several injunctions beginning in 2002.

DIRECTV is also seeking a contempt order against D'Amario based on his flagrant breach of the permanent injunction granted by the Ontario Superior Court of Justice in 2004.

Contempt of such orders can have serious consequences. In a case last month, Billy Boudreau, a Canadian citizen who was operating a pirate Web site, was sentenced to nine months in prison after the judge found him in contempt for breaching an Anton Piller order, which provides for the right to search premises without prior warning and is used to prevent the destruction of incriminating evidence.

Username: Tender

KumasiGhana

Post Number: 3
i need a help for ths machine KLHDVD221 it can not play video cd so i want you to help me to get the way it can play thanks

mary les
Unregistered guest
i've never been here and i don't know much about electronics or computers, but i'm hoping you can help me. I am trying to download the update for my BEV but it's not downloading. I shut down for almost 2 days now and still it hasn't shut off. have lost all programming because untill i get down load, i can't put in new smart card. would call BEV for help, but afraid somework done on receiver may be cause of problem.

jocko strap
Unregistered guest
Bev is dead unless U subscribe!

sabre tooth
Unregistered guest
mary les

If you have a suscription and still can't get your stuff down loaded, put your new smart card in and phone bev and tell them you had your receiver unpluged while you where on holidays. They will then reboot your receiver for you.

u can test.com has fix for charlie
Unregistered guest
this site is testing a wide open hack that will be for sale www.ucantest.com the owner actually has now and is trying to give to a couple sites to try out and report back before up for sale

pitboss here
Unregistered guest

Please do not redistribute this email or post any of this information on the web. We will only be dealing with our existing customers on this item. If we do not know you, we will not deal with you!

Many of you have contacted us recently questioning the loss of channels that is occurring with Dish Network. Certain channels have been converted from Nagra 1 to the Nagra 2 encoding system. More channels are being converted to Nagra 2 on a regular basis. Our present cards are due to shutdown sometime late in 2005. No specific dates are available yet & there is no available shut down schedule.

Dish Network has several revisions of the yellow Nagra 2 card. Revision 101, 102 & 103. Only Revision 101 cards can be programmed at this time. You can tell which card you have by looking at the back of your card, chip side up, on the bottom left hand corner below the barcode, you will see a group of 10 alpha numeric digits. The first 3 digits of this group states what revision the card is.

I am pleased to announce that soon, all will be back to normal. The new cards for Dish Network (revision 101 only) have been compromised. I have seen it with my own eyes. I have sent several cards to be programmed and should have them back in a few days. It is expensive, but at least it's working. If you would like to order a card, I would need to know as soon as possible. The cost at this time for the fully programmed new card is CDN$550. You will need to bring us your receiver for a modification (Free with purchase of programmed card)

You will be able to view all the channels that Dish Network offers: Adult, 300's, International & all the PPV movies & events. This card is fully open! This Fully Open Nagra 2 card gives you programming value of over $US 250. monthly. This is what you would pay if you were to subscribe in the USA.

There is still nothing available for the missing channels with FTA Free to Air receivers or atmegas yet. We will keep you posted.

Please bear in mind that there is a limited number of these specific yellow Dish Network cards that are programmable. Not all yellow cards can be programmed at this time.

When Dish Network converts all their channels to Nagra 2 encoding, demand for the new yellow cards will rise, as will the price. Remember that at this time, it's first come first serve...

Due to the nature of the product, our new infamous 30/30 warranty will apply to this programmed card: 30 seconds or 30 steps, whichever comes first. We are unable to offer any warranty/gurarantee or refund on this product as we ourselves are not getting any warranty/guarantee or refund from those who are programming the cards for us. We are not programming these new yellow cards ourselves. This is a controlled market where we have zero control.

Price of programmed Yellow Nagra 2 (revision 101 card) $550 each

Price to program any Yellow card which were purchased from us: $350 each

Price to program a Yellow Nagra 2 (Revision 101 card) not purchased from us: $400 each

Price to swap any Nagra 2 (Rev. 102 or 103) not purchased from us for a programmed rev 101: $500 each

Price to purchase a non programmed yellow card (revision 101) $250 each

Price to purchase a non programmed yellow card (revision 102 & 103) $150 each

Trade us 5 yellow 101 cards for 1 Programmed yellow Rev 101 card.

Trade us 25 yellow 102 or 103 cards for 1 programmed yellow Rev 101 card.

Prices & services offered are subject to change without notice due to supply & demand factors similar to the stock market.

Feel free to contact us with any concerns or questions you may have.

To get yours today, you have the following options:

Visit one of our locations:

Markham: Mississauga:

401 Alden Road, Unit 17. 1616 Matheson Blvd, Unit 24

905-470-0142 905-625-2930

(4 lights N of Warden & Steeles) (3 lights S of 401 & Dixie)

M-F, 10am - 6pm & Saturdays, 10am - 4pm M-F, 11am - 6pm & Saturdays, 10am - 4pm

We accept Visa, MasterCard, Debit Cards & Cash. We accept Visa, MasterCard, & Cash.

Email us at /salesatcanadiandss.com, Fax us at 905-470-7062 or Mail us at:

Bill Taskas, HLV Marketing Co, 401 Alden Rd, Unit 17, Markham, ON, L3R 4N4 CANADA
and we will ship your order to you. We are now accepting International Money Orders, Visa & Mastercard for these items -- address verification is done on all credit card orders. Please be sure to send us your Complete Name, address, telephone number, credit card number & expiry date.

Happy Viewing!

/ (Not all of the above items are available on our website) Check out our website for a complete listing of satellite equipment, accessories & services. Limited quantities on certain items. Prices subject to change without notice. To remove your email from our list, please reply with the word "remove" in the subject box. Please allow up to 7 days for removal.

silly sq ua w
Unregistered guest
Has anybody tried this? please let us know how it works

LK
Unregistered guest
Its a known RUMOR only and NOT confirmed...I would bet it a 99.9% scam...and if NOT,well its NO good now since the address and name have been made public..RCMP will be all over that site and address place today,either way, scam or not!...Stay away from there or the authorities will get U for sure!

the hacks in canada
Unregistered guest
I'll bet it 99% working..hehe.its in toronto those canadians are awesome.you rock.I for one am going to order.This LK guys seems uninformed and a dumb F u C K

Username: Trevor

Post Number: 1
New to testing, any info regarding the rev 102 cards??

101 now hacked
Unregistered guest
Many of you have contacted us recently questioning the loss of channels that is occurring with Dish Network. Certain channels have been converted from Nagra 1 to the Nagra 2 encoding system. More channels are being converted to Nagra 2 on a regular basis. Our present cards are due to shutdown sometime late in 2005. No specific dates are available yet & there is no available shut down schedule.

Dish Network has several revisions of the yellow Nagra 2 card. Revision 101, 102 & 103. Only Revision 101 cards can be programmed at this time. You can tell which card you have by looking at the back of your card, chip side up, on the bottom left hand corner below the barcode, you will see a group of 10 alpha numeric digits. The first 3 digits of this group states what revision the card is.

I am pleased to announce that soon, all will be back to normal. The new cards for Dish Network (revision 101 only) have been compromised. I have seen it with my own eyes. I have sent several cards to be programmed and should have them back in a few days. It is expensive, but at least it's working. If you would like to order a card, I would need to know as soon as possible. The cost at this time for the fully programmed new card is CDN$550. You will need to bring us your receiver for a modification (Free with purchase of programmed card)

You will be able to view all the channels that Dish Network offers: Adult, 300's, International & all the PPV movies & events. This card is fully open! This Fully Open Nagra 2 card gives you programming value of over $US 250. monthly. This is what you would pay if you were to subscribe in the USA.

There is still nothing available for the missing channels with FTA Free to Air receivers or atmegas yet. We will keep you posted.

Please bear in mind that there is a limited number of these specific yellow Dish Network cards that are programmable. Not all yellow cards can be programmed at this time.

When Dish Network converts all their channels to Nagra 2 encoding, demand for the new yellow cards will rise, as will the price. Remember that at this time, it's first come first serve...

Due to the nature of the product, our new infamous 30/30 warranty will apply to this programmed card: 30 seconds or 30 steps, whichever comes first. We are unable to offer any warranty/gurarantee or refund on this product as we ourselves are not getting any warranty/guarantee or refund from those who are programming the cards for us. We are not programming these new yellow cards ourselves. This is a controlled market where we have zero control.

Price of programmed Yellow Nagra 2 (revision 101 card) $550 each

Price to program any Yellow card which were purchased from us: $350 each

Price to program a Yellow Nagra 2 (Revision 101 card) not purchased from us: $400 each

Price to swap any Nagra 2 (Rev. 102 or 103) not purchased from us for a programmed rev 101: $500 each

Price to purchase a non programmed yellow card (revision 101) $250 each

Price to purchase a non programmed yellow card (revision 102 & 103) $150 each

Trade us 5 yellow 101 cards for 1 Programmed yellow Rev 101 card.

Trade us 25 yellow 102 or 103 cards for 1 programmed yellow Rev 101 card.

Prices & services offered are subject to change without notice due to supply & demand factors similar to the stock market.

Feel free to contact us with any concerns or questions you may have.

To get yours today, you have the following options:

Visit one of our locations:

Markham: Mississauga:

401 Alden Road, Unit 17. 1616 Matheson Blvd, Unit 24

905-470-0142 905-625-2930

(4 lights N of Warden & Steeles) (3 lights S of 401 & Dixie)

M-F, 10am - 6pm & Saturdays, 10am - 4pm M-F, 11am - 6pm & Saturdays, 10am - 4pm

We accept Visa, MasterCard, Debit Cards & Cash. We accept Visa, MasterCard, & Cash.

Email us at /salesatcanadiandss.com, Fax us at 905-470-7062 or Mail us at:

Bill Taskas, HLV Marketing Co, 401 Alden Rd, Unit 17, Markham, ON, L3R 4N4 CANADA
and we will ship your order to you. We are now accepting International Money Orders, Visa & Mastercard for these items -- address verification is done on all credit card orders. Please be sure to send us your Complete Name, address, telephone number, credit card number & expiry date.

ez dish
Unregistered guest
www.ez123dish.com have n2 fix check out..beeen working for close to two months now

Anonymous

Hmmm...alot of Canadian techies out there it seems, when Canadians are known to be very dumb(in general).

Very odd.

Thanks Milli
Unregistered guest
Nope those Canadians are very SMART dudes
www.e z 123dish.com have n2 fix
www.dsstoys.com have n2 fix
www.dssmilli.com have fix

all Canadain sites that have fully hacked 101 cards for sale

LK
Unregistered guest
Thanks Milli for info.Ive heard also that ww.dsstoybox.com have wide open dish fix .ALL CHANNELS OPEN check my site out www.dssmilli.com for my activator fix also thats been up for over a month also. That www.dsscentral site are BIG SCAMMERS ive heard.They charge big money to join there hokey pokey site..Oh dont listen to this fake LK guy he is a fake out to discredit the real LK

LK

Biver
Unregistered guest

\ /
I I
_/ \_
THERE SO MANY LKs !!!

LK
Unregistered guest
Thanks Milli for info.Ive heard also that ww.dsstoybox.com have wide open dish fix .ALL CHANNELS OPEN check my site out www.dssmilli.com for my activator fix also thats been up for over a month also. That www.dsscentral site are BIG SCAMMERS ive heard.They charge big money to join there hokey pokey site..Oh dont listen to this fake LK guy he is a fake out to discredit the real LK

LK

Biver
Unregistered guest

\ /
I I
_/ \_

THERE SO MANY LKs !!!

links
Unregistered guest
links dont work

LK 25th
Unregistered guest
-A U all don't forget about me!!!!!!!!

my name is LK to.

LK
Unregistered guest
[link removed] have activaor fix wide opebn channels ask for milli he'll help out all peeps!

LK
Unregistered guest
BS...mili's is a scam too...they all are scams!...mili's own mods won't endorse it...and mili hasn't even tested the blocker magic card which is only a Dishnet card sub activation..

BTW...this is the real LK,not kneegrows my imposter here!

LK
Unregistered guest
This is a c/p from Fordman, he is on the staff @ Card Coders.

I recently had the opportunity to talk a respected person in this hobby. What transpired in this conversation was that there is some truth to these rumours although some have been grossly exagerated. I myself was given the opportunity to see it at work and it does indeed work. With that being said i'd like to say this:

This announcement is written hopefully to serve many purposes. The first is to address the rumors currently running rampant about a nagra2 hack. The second topic is to inform the public what to expect from a nagra2 hack, which will help discern future rumors from fiction, and to hopefully just all around give a better understanding of the futile nature of hacking this generation of smart cards, commericially or publically.

Both of the above topics tie in very closing due to one word seen tossed around the internet in the most recent rumor, "clone". Please be aware that if and when a nagra 2 hack becomes available, the only way to get around the new card <-> Ird encryption for control words will be to clone the camid on the cards, and to clone every ird with the boxkey and ird from that sub. Before I get into the numberous problems this raises, I would fist like to state that method is one of the only 2 methods available. The second method requires firmware modding, and is less secure in a public environment than cloning cam/ird/box. At least with cloning those, along with the dt08, and however the private key is stored for the cmd 2a/2b agreement, some variety of different id's will be in receivers vs. all the same firmware mods which is easily detectable. Now before anyone calls me out on how I would know this, or calls BS, please in these very forums are partial dissasemblies of the ird with the pertanent info as well as good overviews of how the dt08 is decrypted and session keys are established. Nagravision has done an excellent job with the latest round of ecm encryption. It has made things like camsharing more difficult, and things like stable plastic hacks virtually impossible. There likely will be no way around cloning since RSA is involved and we will not be able to create the dt08, or the private key on the card since we do not have required keys.

Therein lies the futility of hacking nagra2, should you actually hack it, it would be childsplay for them to attack the cloned ird's. Should you mod the firmware, they can easily detect the keys inside the ird have been modified. Let us not forget that this is only one method of security as well. Some Nagra2 cards do not have a dt08. A key lies inside the ird. Little is known about this so far, other than cloning would not work with such an ird, and since only certain receivers utilize this key, a one for all hack is no longer within easy grasp. Should nagra2 be compromised, there is no future for public hacking. Privately it can be hacked, but know that pirating TV as you all know and love it is dead.

On to these rumors. There are things about these particular rumors that have an air of truth about them, don't go all crazy about it. The fact that two things in particular are mentioned, one cloning, and two that a certain 301 model doesn't work with it, would certainly be correct of any hack from nagra2 that came from a non certain 301 model. In that there rings truth. However, people have been cloning ird's to move cards around, and it is easy to get duped into seeing what you wish to see.

Be very wary of purchasing any cards if the current rumors hold true. I believe there will be a good amount of time before they attack, but once they do, it's pretty much over. This of course is only based upon the fact of how much more secure session keys have made things with the combination of rsa and IDEA. This doesn't even scratch the surface on what could be inside the card. I would imagine the control words aren't the only thing that uses IDEA and rsa for added security. It also appears that nagra may have not made the same mistake of public keys shared accross multiple rom revisions. It would be easy for them to update the ecm handling of newer roms without revealing the process and swap out all older roms. Strap yourselves in for a ride, because wether the hack is out or not, testing is over as you know it.

puma
Unregistered guest
i have a dish311 how can i get it to get all channels including ppv

LK
Unregistered guest
www.toybox.com have working 101 fix peeps.wide open p#rn ppv's ect. thanks toybox your awesome

LK
Unregistered guest
imposter again...and its not toybox.com, its [link removed] ...and latest news is that the nagra2 hack at www.ez123dish. com is good too..

Sorceor lives
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, August 12, 2005 - 10:13 am:

Its real!...its been tested and CONFIRMED by MANY mods and admins at many various sites! Hash hu dss newbies sat scams

They did it by use of coders who must have got a dump of the card which opens up many doors...unfortunately how long this will remain open is unknown now,...Charlie and Kudelski (nagra encrytion sources/makers) will be hunting this down and closing up as much as they can....damage control..once nagra1 is totally shut down,then we will really know just how much these coders got into these rom 101 cards and N2,and what the future will bring..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us