Problem with Dish 119....

Username: Mak

Post Number: 1
I don't know very much about satelites so maybe one of you can help me with this problem.

I have two satellites. One Dish Network (110 + 119) and the other Telstar (for International channels). I own a Pansat 2500A receiver. Telestar and Dish 110 work fine but Dish 119 doesn't. Dish 119 has a level of 73% and a quality of 0% and has the word "UNLOCK" beside it (when pressing the SIG button on the remote). Telstar has a level of 86% and Dish 110 has a level of 78%. Both have qualities between 40% and 50% and the word "LOCK" beside them. 119 worked fine when I first had it but stopped working around the end of June when the keys first got changed.

I have phoned the guy who installed the satellites and he was uncertain but recommeded moving the staellite slightly. 119 works fine for him however and he lives like 200 km away.

Before I try moving it around, does anyone have a suggestion?

Post Number: 2
Anybody?

Low_quality
Unregistered guest
sounds like you better move the dish or realign it

Anonymous

try taking out the diseq switch and connecting one of the coax (110 or 119) cables directly to the receiver. if you get your signal or feed back, your switch is defective and needs to be replaced.

Post Number: 3
^ Thanks for the suggestion but my switch seems to be fine. Pretty soon I will attempt to move the dish (don't want to lose my signal though as I wasn't the one who installed it so I will have to do my research first). So if anyone has some more suggetions they would be appreciated. Otherwise thanks for the help I got.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us