Direct TV and Star Choice

Username: Shawshank

Post Number: 7
Once Dish goes away, is there a way to get these satellites. What protection do they use?

LK
Unregistered guest
Both are NOT hacked and use an "encypted" (coded)signal...U want them,then subscribe!

Username: Shawshank

Post Number: 8
well, can't they be hacked. Is it stronger than Nagra2?

LK
Unregistered guest
CAN'T U READ!
...in the future don't ask,if U don't like the truthful answer..

and U ask "why can't they be hacked?"...let me ask U something....why can't U fly airplanes?...the answer is simple,U don't know how...well same for the hack..

Both DTV ans Starchoice are NOT hacked and use an "encypted" (coded)signal...U want them,then subscribe

Joseph B.
Unregistered guest
Hey LK relax - the person was just asking why it couldn't be hacked. I myself still don't understand how the reciever can decipher the signal and no one else can make something that copies/mimicks that decipher. The unit doesn't have a card so that means that the reciever must have a program that deciphers the signal once its been authorized to decipher it.

Zara
Unregistered guest
In Canada,some people are charging around $350 to give you a reciever,a dish and installation. They claim that the client will be subscribing to Dish Network and as long as they keep paying they will continue to get programming. My question is:
1. Will they be using the new card N2?
2. Is getting Dish Network programming in Canada illegal?
3. If I subscribe, will the set-up last?
My concerns and questons are not related to FTA, but will someone kindly give me their knowledgeable opinion?

Joseph B.
Unregistered guest
Zara - wrong thread to ask your questions. Please don't hijack this thread. Go to another thread or start a new one. Thank you.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us