Samsung Rear Projection TV green dashes on screen

Unregistered guest
I bought a Samsung rear Projection tv a few years ago and the kids were playing a game on it, which they do not usually do, anyway the game had to be reset and now the tv screen has little green dashes at the top of the screen going horizontally, what can I do to remove these green dashes or is the screen damaged internally. The screen is protected on the outside with a protector but this is nothing to do with the problem, can you help?

Silver Member
Username: Fyi

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 185
Sounds like a game box generated thing.
They do strange things sometimes.
You said, "the game had to be reset and now..."
That makes me think the game box is still on.

What have you tried?
Is it still there with the game box off?
Is it still there when you switch back to the tv signal input?
Is it there on any other input like DVD or VCR?
Have you unplugged everything and re-powered?

Unregistered guest
The green dashes are still present when I use the DVD or VCR , tha game box is not attached. I have not tried powering down everything ie unplugging them although they have all been powered off I'll try that and see what happens but I suspect that it will stilll be present when I power back up again but I'll let you know, thanks for the help

Unregistered guest
Ok here is the solution, I don't why but it cleared the fault. It could have been static on the screen or a poor contact, anyway, I disconnected the Y,Pb and Pr cables from my satellite box to the Component 2 sockets and the green dashes disappeared from the top of the screen, the picture is now perfect, if anyone else has this problem it may be an idea to disconnect all the cables into their tv and try it again, thanks for the help, Mark

KL
Unregistered guest
its call screen burn and is common on many rear-projection tv's. Its a result over long periods of time spent on a certain channel or video gaming.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us