Fortec Star help!!

Username: Br1zz0

Post Number: 1
Hello everyone, my reciever stopped working about a week ago, i got a new key over these forums. it didnt work, then when i entered my password, someone said to use 1668. i did that and it turned ON keycode, but then i wasnt able to find DISH as a provider, and I need to find a working key. any help is appreciated.

Thank You

Username: Br1zz0

Post Number: 2
Oh and my reciever model is the Fortec Star Lifetime Ultra

Bronze Member
Username: Cablerock

Post Number: 36
New Key Here For Fortec Ultra
New Key

Bronze Member
Username: Cablerock

Post Number: 44
These are the steps that you have to do to change your keys.
To update your Key this is what you have to do.

1)With receiver hooked up to TV and satellite:
2)Press MENU on the remote control
3)Then right side arrow to CHANNEL EDIT
4)Go down to CODE, and press OK, and enter 1010
5)Then right side arrow to turn OFF, KEYCODE FUNCTION
6)Go to NAGRAVISION and press OK
7)Now press the right side arrow next to the OK button 11 times until it says ((DISH NETWORK))
8)Go down to KEY Number, then right side arrow to set to "00".
9)Go down to Key Data and enter the following KEY with your remote control.
D5 6F BB 83 00 D8 B0 4E (example)
10)Press OK, "you will see the STORE button blinking, when it stop you know that KEY Number "00" is saved.
11)Go up to the Key and Go to the right "1 time" (that will change key 00 to 01
12)Go Down and enter 11 B1 AA A7 8B 9E 45 8B (example)
13)Press OK, "you will see the STORE button blinking, when it stop you know that KEY Number "01" is saved.
14)Press EXIT once.
15)Then right side arrow to turn Code back "ON" and enter "1668" then EXIT, EXIT.

"If you need new key go to this website New Key

Enjoy!

CroMike
Unregistered guest
Hej how you doing,,,,I have a Fortec Star Ultra Lifetime,,,can u please tell me how do i get the play boy channel,,,,it says Channel Scrambled,,,,,any help would be a pleasure,,,thanks.

LK
Unregistered guest
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/132452.html

later kneegrow...lol

axeI
Unregistered guest
IGNORE KNEEGROW......ITS THE ONLY WAY

Unregistered guest
about. entering keys. I have just bought a Fortec Ultra. I have Dishnet installed. I have already scaned and none of the channels seems to work. All Bad or Scrambel. It has a good signal. It work with FTA when pointing to TelStar 5. dishnet is not working. Okay.... I when to Channel Edit and it does not have Code, all it has is TV Channel and Radio Channel. do i have to upgrade anything or i have to buy a new one that has the programing?

newguy05
Unregistered guest
oh yea, the Boot Ver. is 6.1 / Fortec Star-2.61 Feb 04, 2005

polie13
Unregistered guest
how do i recover a lost password for fortrec star lifetime ultra?
please help

Anonymous

anyone know about digiwave 7000

Unregistered guest
I have a TWC box model BA-5130.

It read E4 and I programmed it with the RFT-PIO. After programming it went to E2. Can anyone tell me how to get it off E2?

Thanks

LK
Unregistered guest
What does this have to do with Fortec FTA receiver?...each thread/topic has a subject for a reason!...well at least in the English language..

satrider
Unregistered guest
I am having trouble getting a signal on quality side of meter but signal on level side is at 92 per cent I am using a new fortec lifetime ultra whic has been down loaded with echo7. On top of page there is an unlock sign , do I need to unlock something in the receiver or do you think the dish need more adjusting? Thanks

Username: Sboutros

I installed autoroll and since the I only get Dishnet. Scan of nimik1 gets no channels, even though signal is fine.

Any ideas please?

LK
Unregistered guest
Autoroll is for Dishnet (110-119)...nim1 is Bev at 91...U are an idiot ..U must aim the dish/LNB at 91 if U want nim1!...then scan the 91 bird channels!

Since either U are VERY DUMB or LAZY (to READ),I suggest U subscribe to cable!

LK, before you jump to conclusions and make your stupid remarks, it would have helped if you had clarified what I am asking. I have two dishes and the one for nim1 is pointed to 91 as you stated ! so what is your explanation or suggestion now. Trust me you are not the only smart one around here !

LK
Unregistered guest
Sam...I think U make this up as U go along...If U had 2 dishs U would have stated that!...If U're a tester with 2 dishs installed and aligned correctly,an FTA receiver,autoroll installed for Dishnet, and know about nim1 and the 91 bird,then U would have never asked that DUMB question...who do U think you're fooling..U can tell that lie to your momma,but I've been around long enough to smell BS like yours...its very OBVIOUS,1 minute U know nothing,then the next U know and have everything,just like a 10 year old kid who just got scolded...U're full of BS!,,,and WHY do I need to clarify YOUR question?...that makes NO sense!..and since U're so smart suddenly,then U can figure it out yourself!...U have all weekend before school starts to figure it out and pester and lie to everyone!

BTW...have U ever heard of LNB's and disque switches..or satellite scans

Post Number: 3
LK, your nasty comments are not worth commenting on. If you had read my original post, I was asking about how come I cannot pick up any channels when I scan. So to put it simply, yes I have LNBs and dishes properly set up. So if you can be of assistance to solve the problem, please so. Otherwise dont keep sending these comments.

LK
Unregistered guest
If your dish is correct and U have LNB's aligned for both Dishnet (110 and 119)and Bev(91)..now thats 3 LNB's aligned correctly,then U should get the 91 with a scan,if your disque switch is set correctly...U don't any info,like what dish and LNB's and which switch...much info is left out for anyone to help U..

Username: Micro8

hey guys I hop someone can help me,I've Fortec Star Free To Air Lifetime Ultra Satellite Receiver and I need to converte it to be a dish network receiver,so Please help me to fine the correct software for that,Thanks a lot.

LK
Unregistered guest
It can never be a dishnetwork receiver,they have CARD slots...but U can pick up Dishnetwork channels with your FTA..All U need to do is align the roof dish to the 110-119 satellites,then flash the FTA receiver with the 269 autoroll bin,scan the satellites, and reset the receiver..

LK
Unregistered guest
this should help..

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/128570.html

Unregistered guest
I'm looking to buy a Fortec. I'm what you would consider a newbie. Is this stuff as hard as it sounds or does the system come with a detailed explanation of how to find different satellities? I just don't want to blow $400 on something I can't use.

Anonymous

pansat works fine
these are the latest firmware

X-75BL_050314_236cE_api------for pansat 2300A
X-85BL_050405_246_api----------for pansat 2500A
X-85BL2_050330_245_api--------for pansat 1500A
X-87BL_050519_105_api----------for pansat 2700A
X-95BL_3033_2005_0425_api--for pansat 5000HC

they all autoroll. and the 2700a has a working (epg)!

ZzlostzZ
Unregistered guest
What is if firmware exactly? What would you buy, pansat or fortec? Where would you buy?

LK
Unregistered guest
firmware is another word for SOFTWARE (file)...I wouldn't buy now because of nagra2,and losing amost all channels by August...whats nagra2?..,here find out, www.nagra2.org.. If I were to buy now,it would be a very inexpensive ($40) Pansat 2500 from eBay..but Fortec Ultra is good too...basically same same...but I would wait until Nagra2 is/if hacked before I bought!..

Biver
Unregistered guest
)))P(((

Biver
Unregistered guest
come on guys....talk to me..im not kneegrow

Thank you LK I know you're trying to make it very easy to me,but I don't have any idea about the Fortec and how dose it work (I mean programed), so that could you please tell me the steps for the programming and I don't know why did you reffer me to this website
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/128570.html
So please could you explain.Some where in the instruction manual it says that I have to download the programs from a programmed reciever to my new receiver and after that it will work,Is that correct and how can I do it?Thanks a lot for your help and time.

LK
Unregistered guest
That thread explains it all...that simple...just follow the directions..

BTW...NO,U do NOT download programs from another receiver...U download software/programs,bins,files,STB updater.exe loads,etc from Dss sites that are mentioned in that link...then U load the software to your own receiver using a cable from your computer to your receiver...now U better start reading again..

Post Number: 3
Hi LK,when I click on this link https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/128570.html it takes me to the other link and after that to other web page with differint options,so please tell me what do I choose for my receivr(Fortec star),Thanks.

LK
Unregistered guest
read this..copy/paste into your browser...remove the * in .c*om ...this is a step by step how to install autoroll and links to the file also..I cannot help U anymore without spoon feeding U..

[link removed]#9496

BUSH
Unregistered guest
oll you f..c..ers ....up ....(((.p

Post Number: 4
Hi LK,I did what you said but I got to sign in page and I ignored it and went to file share FTA and what I got: MANY MANY files to download,So Please help me to choose which one,I'm sorry for the hard time I'm giving you and for the spoon feeding,Thanks.

Unregistered guest
Does any one have the address of a website that shows the up-to-date nagra keys!?

Biver
Unregistered guest
real time keys here http://www.maestra.tv/keys/

Anonymous

hello guys, i have a question for you,after i downloaded the autoroll in my fortec, and when i scan all the satellites all i get is dishnetwork channels is that normal

Username: Bohdan

Derby, Derbyshire Uk

I have bought a fortec ultimate just and have a fortec fs 2100 discqC 1.2 motor.I ran the motor with a comag fta receiver with no problems.Since having bought this fortec box I cannot seem to store satelites at all.It goes through the motions seems to be storing ok then try the channels out,seems to work,but as soon as I try and load more satelites I lose everything.The motor seems to work fine east limit,west limit and will go back to ref. position.Is it the motor at fault which is about a month old or maybe a software problem on the new fortec box.Please somebody help have had sleepness nights Thanks

Anonymous

I have a Fortec Star Ultra Lifetime
when it does a data download it freezes up and has to be unplugged for a moment os i can get in the menu, it keeps doing this everytime i turn it back on some times it freezes at 16% others 42% etc never the same

Anonymous

I cannot get video... my FortecStar Ultra Liftime reciever keeps showing the following mesage " Data is being downloaded" and it freezes here. Can anyone help. Thanks, much appreciated.

Anonymous

I cannot get video... my FortecStar Ultra Liftime reciever keeps showing the following mesage " Data is being downloaded" and it freezes here. Can anyone help? Thanks, much appreciated.

LK
Unregistered guest
READ the "Latest and Current keys' thread..that problem has been answered here by me personally at least 100x today!...instead of just barging in here...HIJACKING a thread ,then asking this very stupid question which has already been asked and answered 100x today...READ FIRST moron!

Anonymous

Please help! A week ago I bought a receiver Fortec Star Lifetime Ultra. I don't have a Code Option in the menu. My satelite dishes are not connected yet. Can anyone help me? Thanks

Smot
Unregistered guest
manually put in your keys

www.maestra.tv/keys

LK
Unregistered guest
anon...put in the 269 autoroll bin,then U will have the CODE option in that Ultra..

connecting your dishes...well get on the roof and just do it!...there is a thread here "aligning a simple dish" ...read it..

LK
Unregistered guest
anon...put in the 269 autoroll bin,then U will have the CODE option in that Ultra..them input todays keys manually as I posted and explained in the "Latest and Current keys" thread..

connecting your dishes...well get on the roof and just do it!...there is a thread here "aligning a simple dish" ...read it..

Smot
Unregistered guest
Its like trying to empty Lake Michigan with a teaspoon.

LK
Unregistered guest
I didn't think so many tards could ask the same questions at the same site on the same day...without reading and seeing the answer posted 1000x already...90% morons here..I've been a leader,officer,mentor,coach my entire life to all ages from 6 to 80...and I have never seen such an immature,dumb,rude,lazy group as in these forums!...the TRUTH!...its not that they're newbies,its they are RUDE and LAZY...I see the same thing in the little 8-12 year old kids running around the neighborhood,except I walk them home to their parents and make them repeat what they say!

Anonymous

hi there..I have fortec star that stopped working few days ago..do you know if they have changed the keys again for dish network. also, I don't know how to put it in my fortec star ultra...plz help me.. any help is appreciated

LK
Unregistered guest
P U N T...and hope for the best...cause U're watching the wrong game pal!

Smot
Unregistered guest
www.maestra.tv/keys/

for keys updated by the millisecond

LK
Unregistered guest
read the "latest keys" thread..I answered your problem OVER 2 DAYS ago!

LK
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, June 09, 2005 - 08:19 pm:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All FTA autorolls,except the coo*lsat released last night, are down...Dish has done a minor ECM..atmega is also working..don't worry,nothing is broken or damaged...BUT new autoroll bins will be needed..

Just enter your keys manually

If you cant get into your menu because your FTA box is frozen downloading the new key, just turn your receiver off, then on, then immediately go into your MENU screen

Now manually enter the keys

KEY0 02 7E A9 9B E5 07 A0 EA Active...changed today Friday 10 June
KEY1 D5 66 C4 72 AE D0 60 B7
10-06-05 13:01:56 (1:01PM)

BTW...all autoroll bins are down and not working (except for latest coo*lsat and the dreamboxs)due to an ECM by dishnet...also all card blockers were hit also...the fix

manually input the keys...if your box is froze,just hit power OFF-power ON...then Hit MENU immediately and input the new keys manually

How to change Dishnet keys: 00 or 01

Pansat receivers................

press menu

go down to parental controls, and press OK

press down arrow and enter 0000 thats 4 zeros

now go down to nagravision and press ok

now press the right side arrow next to the ok button 11 times until it says dish network

now press the down arrow 1 time

key number should read 00 now

now press the down arrow 1 time

using the buttons on the remote (number buttons, To type the letters into the new keydata, press the appropriate button on your remote: Audio = A, Info = B, Signal = C, Pause = D, Sat = E, EPG = F)

set the key to whatever the latest key code is
8A C4 96 93 EC 79 9D 57 ....(example only)

now press the ok button!

then press exit 3x to exit the menu

Lastly, on BACK of receiver (not remote)..power OFF,wait 1 minute ,power ON..this is a reset

This is how to change your public keys when needed, these instructions should work for both 2300 and 2500 pansats. also 2700..

Fortec key change method

1)With receiver hooked up to TV and satellite:
2)Press MENU on the remote control
3)Then right side arrow to CHANNEL EDIT
4)Go down to CODE, and press OK, and enter 1010 (could also be 1668 or 1688)
5)Then right side arrow to turn OFF, KEYCODE FUNCTION
6)Go to NAGRAVISION and press OK
7)Now press the right side arrow next to the OK button 11 times until it says ((DISH NETWORK))
8)Go down to KEY Number, then right side arrow to set to "00".
9)Go down to Key Data and enter the latest KEY with your remote control.
D5 6F BB 83 00 D8 B0 4E ...(example only)
10)Press OK, "you will see the STORE button blinking, when it stop you know that KEY Number "00" is saved.
11)Go up to the Key and Go to the right "1 time" (that will change key 00 to 01
12)Go Down and enter latest Key 01 change ..11 B1 AA A7 8B 9E 45 8B (example only)
13)Press OK, "you will see the STORE button blinking, when it stop you know that KEY Number "01" is saved.
14)Press EXIT once.
15)Then right side arrow to turn Code back "ON" and enter "1668" then EXIT, EXIT.
16)Lastly, on BACK of receiver (not remote)..power OFF,wait 1 minute ,power ON..this is a reset

Fortec buttons to use for letters

Sat=a
info=b
tv/radio=c
pause=d
?=e

Remember the STORE button will blink 3x when the new key have been stored and saved..

mrho
Unregistered guest
help,my fortec star down again.it says downloading data.

mrho
Unregistered guest
help,my fortec star down again.it says downloading data.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us