Which dicknet reciever for dish pro lnb

Silver Member
Username: Jmill1948

Chester, Va Usa

Post Number: 629
any help here looking to find out which dicknet recievers can be used with the dish pro lnb or is there an adapter you can use?

Silver Member
Username: Knee_grows_back

Post Number: 222
what's a dicknet reciever you stupid idiot??? And quite double posting...maybe people don't want to reply as you're a fcuking scammer..

Bosox
Unregistered guest
Well I know that a 2800 and a 301-13 vid mod will work..and will look for more info for you...here's something which should help you..

DishPro Warning & Update

This information was found on DBSTalk and credit should go to them, but it is good information.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do *not* hook up a receiver that has been hooked to a dish pro system up to a legacy system without clearing the matrix!

As of what I was trained on today- when a dp receiver detects dp equipment, it puts out a higher voltage & current that will fry any legacy equipment it is hooked to. All you have to do to prevent this from happening is to unhook the sat in connection and run a check switch without signal to set the receiver back to legacy mode. This applies if you move from dish pro in a home to legacy in an rv- clear the matrix first!

Cabling and equipment for dish pro setups- all equipment must be rated for the following:

950-2150 MHz rather than old 950-1450MHz (frequency)
750 mA DC rather than old 400-450 mA DC (current)
19V rather than old 13-18 V (voltage)

It is important to make absolutely clear to all the due-it-yourselfers on this board that if you have a DishPro system, every piece of equipment(i.e. cable, ground blocks, f-connectors) are swept tested to at least 2.2 Ghz or more. The Belden cable I am using these days is swept tested all the way up to 2.4 Ghz.

This applies to all cabling, in-line amplifiers, surge protectors, diplexers. They are usually only rated for about 500 mA DC. Upper level RG6 will have to be used- check it- some cable will not be rated for the higher frequencies!!

Please take care and use the rated stuff or risk frying your receivers, switches, etc.

For those of you that desire the more technical info, legacy LNBs only need between 13-18 volts to run. DishPro components require almost 20 volts to operate (about 19.7 volts to be exact). You wouldn't think that 2 volts would make much difference, but the highest a legacy lnb can tolerate is 18 volts, period.

Benefits from the DishPro Technology are:

Longer cable runs(due to the higher voltage output)
Dual sat signals on one cable
More options for trunking to multiple receivers.

The benefit in all this is that DiSEqC troubleshooting gives a whole lot more information. Rather than just having 0 signal comes in, it will tell us if it even has a wire connected.
It will help a whole lot

Bosox
Unregistered guest
Some posts from [link removed]

my nephew has a 301.13 receiver with yellow card what do we have to do to get it to use a blue card any advice on this would be appreciated,and if it wont work with a blue card will a older receiver work with his dishpro lnbs again thanks for any info

castaway68
Site Admin

Posted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 11:09 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

,go to the system info,check the bootstrap version,if the first 2 numbers are 16 you are good to go,17 or 18 and you will need to do the vid mod im order to use it with a blue card.No older irds will not work with a DP lnb,well they will with an adapter but they cost as much or more than getting a legacy off flea bay.

Silver Member
Username: Jmill1948

Chester, Va Usa

Post Number: 630
thanks bosox............

KillJamesMillard
Unregistered guest
You fockin scammers are all a bunch of sellouts

Why did the directtv cops show up at my door 1 week after posting in this forum?

Silver Member
Username: Knee_grows_back

Post Number: 571
cause you are a retard!!!!!They didn't show up because of DTV,,,they showed up because you where touching your cousins which is illegal...you and Mike Jackson should be roomates..LOL

I am Sam
Unregistered guest
IGNORE KNEEGROW......ITS THE ONLY WAY
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us