Record from Dish? Help please!

Username: Caye

Post Number: 1
I used to be able to record TV programs from the dish network with my VCR but not anymore. My brother disconnected a bunch of stuff to hook up the DVD player and now I can only get the VCR to play. It won't record anything. When I hit the "input" button on the TV remote, all I get is a blue screen. I used to be able to see the programs currently playing on any channel I'd select. Now it's just blue! What did I forget to do?

I'm at my wit's end. Any help anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated!

Silver Member
Username: Dmwiley

Post Number: 133
OK Lisa, I'll give it a shot. Look at the back of your VCR and see if any cables are connected to the input jacks. If not, there's your problem. You'll have to run output of Dish receiver to that jack. If cables are connected, trace their source to determine if they are coming from Dish receiver output. If not, connect. Assuming everything is already properly connected, hit the input button of your vcr and it should record. If none of this works, send another email and we'll try it again. Tell your sibling BAD BROTHER!!!!

Username: Caye

Post Number: 2
Hey, thanks a lot!

The cables were improperly connected from the VCR to the satellite dish. I just went and took a look right now and finally realized that I'd somehow managed to switch the cables around on the back of the dish receiver (for crying out loud, they're color-coded!--I need to go shoot myself). The VCR works perfectly now. Thank you so much for your help!!

Silver Member
Username: Dmwiley

Post Number: 150
My pleasure. Have fun watching and taping. Don't knock yourself over the head. We've all mistakenly switched cables from time to time. To err is human.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us