How do I flash my Fortec Lifetime Ultra

Username: Lenlaw

Brewster, MA Us

Post Number: 1
I have a Fortec Lifetime Ultra Receiver ( which I expecetd to come all flashed and ready to go ) but found out it has to be flashed. I have gotten some instructions but alas after hours of trying I cannot get it to accept the flash. I'm told you have to turn the power switch on and at a precise time hit the download button, but I just can't get it!!!! ANY ADVICE???? PLEASE HELP.

Len Lawrence

Silver Member
Username: Kegger

MICHIGAN

Post Number: 951
just curious have you tried the manufacturer?

Username: Eurcpl

Hi, anyone please HELP!!! I have fortec satellite system but it is not ULTRA, gave it to one guy to flash it but he kept it for two weeks and said that he started to flash it and now he is not even sure if it works or not. So the system does not work. How do i flash it myself in order to watch dish network. I am new to it and i need ditails. If some one will be kind enough to help me, can post it here or send me a message to eurcpl@yahoo.com

Anonymous

This place has the best deal on new the Fortec Lifetime Ultra.

http://www.FortecReceiver.com

I got my Fortec Receiver in 2 days. Works great. God I missed these channels.

TonyM0946
Unregistered guest
Hi Anonymous, Does the Fortec Receiver that you got at www.FortecReceiver.com get Dishnetwork channels.

Thanks

Unregistered guest
I am a proud owner of a fortecstar lifetime receiver I flashed the box with a channel list and since then I am not getting any video output from the box. After the flash the on light came on the front panel, the power switch on the front panel does not work, if the box is left on it will restart on its own. There is no video output to the TV I am not able to get to the menu or anything. I need your help or advice.

Nicad
Unregistered guest
I have a Lifetime Ultra and it was pretty easy to flash.....my problem is that is doesn't descramble any of the channels....What do I need to do to get it to descramble them?

usmarine
Unregistered guest
I have a lifetime ultra and I downloaded the new bin file, afterwhich the popup said download complete. Now all it does is flash the front panel green lights. What else do I need to download and where can I get it?

Unregistered guest
I have a new lifetime ultra that states...
bad channel or scrambled. I successfully flashed
the bin file. The only thing it descrambles is
radio and the TV GUIDE. PLEASE answer. The
FORTECSTAR technical support Email does not
respond.

Unregistered guest
It would be nice to see any replys to thees questions. As I am having the same problem
with my lifetime ultra.
Download compleated and nothing but nightrider lights.
Help would be nice??

Username: Furbox

www.al7bar.tk/forums/ has some great info on these issues

PeterTV
Unregistered guest

I purchased a Fortec Star Lifetime Ultra satellite receiver from www.SatelliteWiz.com
Got it in 2 days. Works great!

http://www.satellitewiz.com

jimmbomb
Unregistered guest
www. extrememicro.com pick fortec ultra & follow the easy instructions exactly.. be sure to read the instruction FIRST, then download all their reccommended files & Unzipp them.. Then go back to the beginning & do exactly what they say & enjoy your TV!!!

Unregistered guest
how can I use my fortec receiver to get satellite radio from sirus or xm? but I want to be able to program the sirus or XM receiver to use in the car or house.Is there a program code or hardware I could use for this?I basically would like to know if there is a way to program the sirus receiver for example to connect to anything and have it play like normal.I would appreciate any assistance from anyone at this time.

Unregistered guest
i AM TRYING TO DOWNLOAD THE bin FILE and am getting the "Flash Update Failed" error Message. Does anyone have any tips or instructions to get a file load successfully?

Anonymous

Got my Fortec Star Lifetime Ultra receiver from www.FortecUltra.com today. It came with a free DiSEqC 4x1 switch and RS232 Data cable. Works great!

http://www.FortecUltra.com

emin
Unregistered guest
need help.i got same receiver from satellitewiz.and i don't understand,do i have to programme that thing or is it allready done,and on what satellite is dish network at.help me please,thanks.edulic77@aol.com

Username: Memoryus

where do i get the flashing software,what web site
i,ve got a pantec mx it can be flashed to operate
as a fortec or pansat 2500a. do you know where i
can get both flashes from.thanks alot

Unregistered guest
I need HELP PLEASE !!! I flashed my Fortecstar lifetime and now all i get is three blinking lights on it. NO numbers or anything. ANYONE KNOW WHAT IS WRONG AND WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE. PLEASE E-MAIL ME AT Cutestplaya@yahoo.com I WOULD APPRICIATE IT VERY MUCH.

Unregistered guest
Hi am want a unit for my motor home while traveling the USA I have to keep a tight budget. I have been searching for a while and just when I think I know what I am doing and get set to buy I find more questions with even more choices. Fortec is best then pansat then it is winnexus and then I see people having problems flashing unit and I don't know what that is then I see units wide open with lots of stations and then I see plug and play then there is having to plug into a computer no0w and then to get service. BOY AM I CONFUSED. Can't I get a complete unit ready to go with lots of stations at a reasonable cost?
I just want something good and no hassels.
Therer are to many choices

Unregistered guest
Hi every one. I have fortect star 5100 plus. i want to upgrade its boot to ver 6 ,but when i try to download the software it does not work. im using RS 232 ( null modem) can any one send me the configartion of RS 232 cable for fortec star. thanx for ur cooperation in advance.my e-mail add is
bangash2003pk@yahoo.com

fkrfxr
Unregistered guest
Fortec Does not use a null modem cable. YOu need a straight through cable.

Unregistered guest
hello; Anyone knows about the fortec liftimetime ultra reciever? Does this reciever picks up dishnetwork channels?

Unregistered guest
I have THE PANTEC MS ( which I expected to come all flashed and ready to go ) but found out it has to be flashed. I have gotten some instructions but after hours of trying I cannot get it to accept the flash. I'm told you have to turn the power switch on and at a precise time hit the download button, but I just can't get it!!!! ANY ADVICE???? PLEASE HELP.

Unregistered guest
i have fortec star lifetime ultra and i need flash its one version of al7bar

Unregistered guest
please show me how i do to get the site where i found all new patch , i spend many hours on net each day but unssucifull

Anonymous

have just recieved a ultra fortec cannot flash or know how no one wants to give me info help please

Anonymous

Download this file and follow the instructions and you will be up and running. If you get file errors when flashing your reciever it is most likely the cable some will not work.
http://www.ctvfree.info/updater3.21

Dogehemi
Unregistered guest
listen to george: www.al7bar.tk/forums/
That site kicks butt!!!

Username: Khaldoun

France, Angers France

hello I need HELP PLEASE !!! I flashed my Fortecstar
> lifetime > with another bin file (ultra) and now all
> i
>
> get is blinking lights on it. NO numbers or
> anything. ANYONE KNOW
> WHAT IS WRONG AND WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE. PLEASE
> E-MAIL ME AT nouredienhaba@yahoo.fr

Firmware - v.2.43 PAL ( November 01, 2004)

France, Angers France

Post Number: 2
sorry i have A FORTECSTAR LIFETIME DIGITAL SATELLITE RECEIVER !!!

so i have gone on wesite yesterday on http://www.fortecstar.com/downloads/index.asp?products=58%2C1

and i uploaded the Firmware - v.2.43 PAL ( November 01, 2004)

and nowanother bin file (ultra) and now all
> i
>
> get is blinking lights on it. NO numbers or
> anything. ANYONE KNOW
> WHAT IS WRONG AND WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE. PLEASE
> E-MAIL ME AT nouredinehaba@yahoo.fr

France, Angers France

Post Number: 4
KI A UN FORTEC STAR LIFETIME ??

France, Angers France

Post Number: 5
koi de neuf?

Anonymous

joeman12

Username: Hjemai

Tunisia

i have a fortecstar lifetime too and I made SOME THING TO IT LIKE YOU Mr nourdine so when i light on the reciever it appears symbols (scrambled!!) and no followings for numbers or either. however I am looking for a solution to flash the memory for ex.

Unregistered guest
I am a proud owner of a fortecstar lifetime receiver I flashed the box with a channel list and since then I am not getting any video output from the box. After the flash the on light came on the front panel, the power switch on the front panel does not work, if the box is left on it will restart on its own. There is no video output to the TV I am not able to get to the menu or anything. I need your help or advice.

Username: Creighton131

Puyallup, Wa. United States

flashed ultra all it does is blink

Anonymous

hi can anyone help plz i just got a fortec star ultra today and i don't know how to flas it any advice plz

Username: Vicky

Paso robels, Ca USA

i don't have advice!sorry!hey you sould iook at christopher d. he has really good advice!

Username: Evonna_21

PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!! can someone help me. I have a Fortec Lifetime Ultra. I have downloaded the channels but on some of the channels it says scrambled or bad channel. Can anyone tell me the steps I need to do to get up and running. I have went to many sites and when I clicked on a place where the flash should be either the page couldn't be found or it was the wrong thing. I have went to al7bar/tk for instance and when I clicked to get the flash and the webpage stated that the page couldn't be found or not authorized to view it.

I have been messing with this reciever for four days and i'm completely drained.

So to make a long story short can someone tell me where I can find the flash and the other software to get me up and running as soon as possible.

Also, there was mention of codes that i've seen on several forums but when I go to channel edit to look for a code I don't see a menu bar for it. All that I see under channel edit is channel and radio no codes no where.

If someone could help me i'd really........ appreciate. I'm lost. Thank you in advance.

Username: Furbox

You need to download and install the latest bin file for the Ultra. Don't worry about channel lists until you get the unit flashed with the latest bin. Once that's done, the code option will appear. Here's where you can find the bin:
http://forums.al7bar.tk/showthread.php?t=38739

Bronze Member
Username: Allic

Post Number: 17
they are easy. First laod a flash program then get a flash to load then flash.fortec

Anonymous

Just got my Fortec Ultra and all it does is flash INPUT DATA. PLEASE HELP !

mustang
Unregistered guest
I have a fortec the dishnet went down today can anyone help

Anonymous

i entered the new key but still it does not work
i have fortec ultra
please help me

computer nut
Unregistered guest
I also have two fortec ultras that went down today and everyone that I know that has one has went down too so i guess its just a waiting game to find something new to flash with. I know thw forum that I normally go to is so busy that the server will not even let me in so someone is working really hard to get it done and as soon as I know something I will let ya all know or you can go to www.al7bar.tk and find out for yourself

Unregistered guest
I just got my fortec ultra and accidently reset the reciver to manufactorer settings now all I get is a message saying bad or scrambled channle. I get high level qulity signal but no picture please help.I have re-downloaded all the correct channels.

Anonymous

If You are needing assistance with your satellite please go here for all the files info and downloads.This will help keep the site running under heavy loads.
SATELLITE INFO FILES AND SUPPORT

Billy tulip
Unregistered guest
I Gotta du fortec and can't flasha it ama i screweda? why evryone buy deez tings?
maybe we shud getta sumpin else!

biramsa
Unregistered guest
I have a fortec lifetime ultra and every time that I try to flash this message appear. Flash update fail. What should I do. INclusive I change the cable RS232
Help HELP HELP
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us