I have two DirecTV receivers, only one "on account"

Username: Silver007

Post Number: 10
I complained about image quality and they sent me a new receiver. My old one is about 12 years old and we "bought" it so I still have it too. They haven't deactivated the card and the old receiver still works, along with my new one, of course.

I just called them to make sure they weren't charging me for two and they said no, that I only have one receiver on the account.

My question is, will they ever deactivate this card?

Neither is hooked to a phone line.

LK
Unregistered guest
How many cards are U using? 1 or 2 ?...please explain this a little better..U are a subscriber..U recently recived a new receiver AND card from DTV to replace an OLD receiver AND card?...so now U have 2 receivers with 2 cards which are BOTH still working?...if this is what U're saying,then consider yourself lucky that they didn't deactivate the old card immediately, once U activated the new CARD and receiver..they should have..who knows maybe it'll last 6 months,...its an obvious DTV error,if my scenario is correct..phone line has nothing to do with "deactivating" a CARD..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
Hi LK-

You are correct. I now have an old receiver with old card in it and a new receiver with a new card in it. The old one still works.

Do they have any way of knowing if I use the old receiver?

I know I sound like a moron, but I don't know how this stuff works.

lol...

LK
Unregistered guest
No..they cannot tell...just do NOT plug phone line into it (old one)...and consider yourself lucky...for how long,is anybody's guess..this is not like cable,where they have "sniffers" and various ways to tell...with satellite,its different...phone line is your ONLY link back to DTV..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
Ok, thanks again.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us