STAY WITH AKAI PT5598HD OR BUY OTHER?

Username: Chatcat2u

Post Number: 1
HOW ARE YA GANG? EASY QUESTION FOR ANYONE WHO COULD HELP. I BOUGHT AN AKAI PT5598HD 7 MONTHS AGO AT COSTCO. I LOVED IT FOR THE GREAT OPTIONS AND THE PRICE. JUST YESTERDAY IT DIED ON ME. I WAS WATCHING TV AND IT SHUT OFF AND TURNED BACK ON AND SHUT OFF AND TRUNED BACK ON ECTS,ECTS.... I CALLED AKAI AND THEY RECOMMEDNED ME TO A PLACE THAT WILL FIX THE TV AND AKAI WILL PAY FOR THE PARTS. IT COST $275.00 TO FIX IT. SHOULD I RETURN THE TV TO COSTCO AND GET A NEW OTHER BRAND OR SHOULD I FIX THIS ONE SINCE I WONT GET THE OPTIONS I WANT IN THIS TV IN ANY OTHER BRAND FOR THE PRICE. PLEASE HELP....

Username: 94form2000z

Post Number: 1
Is it not covered under a 1 year warranty?

Username: Chatcat2u

Post Number: 2
IT HAS A 90 DAY PARTS AND LABOR WARRANTY. SO NOW I HAVE TO PAY $275.00 FOR LABOR AND AKAI WILL PICK UP THE TAB FOR THE PARTS. THE THING IS THAT I BOUGHT IT FOR $1000.00 AND IF I RETURN IT I GET MY MONEY BACK BUT I CAN'T GET ANYTHING CLOSE TO THE FEATURES ON THIS TV FOR A $1000.OO. SO I NEED TO KNOW DOES ANYONE HAVE THIS TV TO GIVE ME SOME ADVICE ON IF I HAVE A LEMON OR NOT.

TV User
Unregistered guest
I bought an AKAI 54 inch and I returned it to Sams Club after a week. I was having problems with the color. Every time I would adjust the color on one channel, the color would mess up on another channel. I went through this every day that I had the TV. It's up to you, but I would return it. For a $1,000.00 or a little more, you can find a better TV.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us