American VHS video in European video recorder?

Dimi
Unregistered guest
Hi, here's a question... Can I play a video I buy from an American ebayer on my European videorecorder or not? I was thinking that as long as both are VHS I should be ok... Or am I to optimistic?

Bronze Member
Username: Xol

Post Number: 12
Hi.
I would sat you are too pissimistic.
If your VHS is European i.e. PAL and your VCR is PAL there will be no problem. Most European VCR can palyback American (NTSC) VHS and some can record. In case you have PAL/NTSC problem you will most likely get B&W picture

Dimi
Unregistered guest
Thank you very much for the reply!!!

anton
Unregistered guest
hey i was just wondering..i recorded a show on my vcr here in Canada(NTSC) and im going to be going to Europe where i want to show someone this tape.They have a multi-system vcr but the TV might be PAL and i don't know if it will work.THE VCR IS PAL/NTSC

Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 6
If they have a multi-system VCR it will play.

Username: Katily

Post Number: 1
What about the opposite? I have a PAL tape, with a NTSC vcr and tv. Will I be able to watch the pal tape?

Silver Member

Post Number: 378
no

Unregistered guest
I am in the same boat as kate lily. I have a PAL vhs tape which I really, really need to watch here in USA. Is there somewhere I can have it copied onto the "right" format?
thanks for any info!!!
Nina
NBruhns@aol.com

Username: Delightfuldenny

Tacoma, Wa Usa

Post Number: 1
hi,
my samsung sw 5000 just went out and i don't want to buy another one. i see on ebay that there are pal converters that will convert pal to ntsc. i think i need a vcr that plays pal. can anyone tell me the best way to to this? i found cdm 1200 converter any good. help please.
thanks, denny

Unregistered guest
I used my camrecorder (Bought in the UK) to make a Video for my family in America... The Video is in a Mini DV Casette...
My question is: Will they be able to watch it using an american VHS or DVD pLAVER??

tHANKS FOR YOUR ANSWER!

Silver Member

Post Number: 598
If the camcorder is PAL, no.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us