Is there big differences in hd satellite receivers?

Bronze Member
Username: Rocker43

Post Number: 17
We have Directv, and recently got the "HD upgrade" , and so we got a triple lnb dish, and a new receiver. I was hoping it would be a samsung because I had heard that they were good. They brought the RCA DTC210, which seems to o.k., but now I'm hearing that there can be a difference in picture quality with different boxes. We are getting some "flickering" as the tech called it, that seems to be excessive, and he said that one possibility is it's the satellite receiver. The tv is a samsung hlp5063, and it is going back for various problems, so when I get the new one, if the flickering is still ther, then I have to consider other reasons, including the receiver. But can there be a big difference in different receivers. I was under the impression that they were all basically the same. What receivers are considered the best? I'm also going to replace my RG6 cable, and eliminate any "breaks" like wall plates, couplers, etc. I also hae one cable to the hd set in the same wall cavity as a 220 wire that goes to my range. Anyway, some feedback on receivers appreciated. Thanks!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us