Oval Dish Misery

Anonymous_1921231
Unregistered guest
I live in Toronto. I have an oval dish that can support 3 LNB's but i only use two. I want to pick up 110 and 119 however I cannot seem to get both signals. I have 110 right now with 95%+ signal on my FTA. I have a dummy spacer for the 3rd LNB slot that I use. Why can i not get both signals at one time? Is it just a matter of adjusting it? I've tried many times. Looking at the dish from the front, how do I place the LNB's 1-2-3> spacer-110-119 or 119-110-spacer?
Thanks afor anything

Anonymous_1921231_1
Unregistered guest
also, I have tested the lines and LNB's, all the connections work.

Gherkin
Unregistered guest
Anonymous 1:
Two possibilities why you cannot get both signals come to mind.
1)The distance between the LNB's or their distance from the dish is not correct. The multi-socket LNB supporting T-piece should have numbers stamped on it representing the satellites it is intended for. Only if a pair of these numbers differ by 9 can you pick up two satellites 9 degrees apart. Also, this is only true if the dishes have the "standard" focal length(distance from LNB to dish).
2)The skew angle nay be wrong. This is the amount of "twist" on the dish that raises one LNB higher than the other. This seems to be best adjusted by trial and error: try raising the LNB for the satellite closest to South about 1/2 in higher than the other.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us