RCA Lyra 2840 Song Ordering problem

Username: Big_john

Post Number: 1
This is probably a dumb question, but I just plugged my newly-obtained 2840 in for the first time ... I copy files to the Lyra using Windows Explorer, profile the contents using the tray applicaion, and disconnect the Lyra from the computer. The files copied are found on my 2840. So far, so good.

The problem is that the order of songs has changed to alphabetical. For example, if the exact file names I copied were:

01.first.mp3
02.second.mp3
03.third.mp3
04.fourth.mp3

The songs appear in the Lyra in the following order:

first
fourth
second
third

I've tried simple things like changing my file name conventionto "01 First" and "01First", but neither worked. How can I make the Lyra honor the order I want? Thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 3268
use alpha letters and omit numbers, e.g., song 1 = a song, 01 song = a song.
Make the program sort it out according to the letters you assign.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 1293
Berny, not to trash on the other ipod users, but how can you put up with such relentless stupidity?

Username: Big_john

Post Number: 2
And stupid it was ... I was going into the "Artist" menu, not "Artist/Album". Once I went to the right menu, I saw what I expected: songs broken down by album, in their proper order.

What a relief! I have about 4,500 files on my computer's hard drive. I wasn't looking forward to renaming them all.

Next up ... upgrade the firmware. I think I can do that without f***ing anything up.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us