Ipod shuffle help

Becki
Unregistered guest
Hello!

I've had an ipod shuffle for about a year now and I've never had any problems with it.
Recently I went to stay with my friend for the weekend and I plugged my ipod into her laptop to charge. I know that this causes the ipod to loose it's songs and I replaced everything with songs from my friend's laptop.
However, on getting home again I discovered that my ipod shuffle would not be detected in any of my computer's USB ports.
I know it's nothing to do with my computer because I've triend the ipod in 3 other friend's laptops and no connection still.
My ipod's been dead for a few weeks now because it won't even charge. It's not broken because the low battery warning light comes on when I try to activate the ipod and goes off again after a second or so.

I have a sneaky feeling that I've somehow corrupted the ipod when I put it in my friend's laptop.
Is there a way I can reset the ipod shuffle to a factory condition without it needing to be plugged into the pc?

Any other suggestions would be great :-)

Becki

Anonymous

i cant listen to any of my songs an i donno how to coz wateva i do nothing happens id love to know how to do it! luv me XxX

Unregistered guest
same here!! your not on your own. i'm sure i've done everything right but not hearing anything.
SOMEONE HELP US PLEASE

Unregistered guest
I just got my IPod Shuffle for Christmas and have only had for about 5 days really. Everything was working perfectly until this morning when I went to listen to some songs on my IPod and I pressed play then instead of the green light blinking at the top it would blink green to amber, green to amber, a couple of times. I thought that was strange so I looked it up and it said something like I locked my buttons or something so I can't play any songs. So it told me to hold down the play/pause button when only the amber light is shown and then wait until the green light blinks. I did that and nothing worked, it went back to blinking green to amber. So then it said my IPod might need to be charged, which I found silly since I just charged my the night before and is was fully charged so I put in any way and my computer could not detect my IPod and the playlist I had on it would not show up and then this box came up saying Autoplay, which I think it must have been looking for the file, but it didn't find any file it just stayed like that. So then I tried to restore it by updating, that was a joke cause it didn't work for me at all. The file would not open and kept saying an error occured or something like that.
So right now I'm trying to figure out what the heck is going on and what I should do. Anyone out there that can help please contact me ASAP! Thanks!

Unregistered guest
I just got my i pod for christmas and i can download songs on to it from my computer but its just that the green light wont go off on the front and i cant listen to my songs. I know that its not my head phones because ive tried them on my sisters cd player but if you can help me that would be great.

Unregistered guest
I just got my i pod shuffle for christmas and i can download songs on to it from my computer but its just that the green light wont go off. It only will when I turn the ipod off. I cant listen to my songs. I know that its not my head phones because ive tried them on my sisters cd player but if you can help me that would be great.

Worried Sick
Unregistered guest
My sister and I were charging our iPod shuffles when she suddenly yanks her's out and then the computer said an error had occured. I thought nothing of it until I tried to play it. Nothing came out. The battery was fine and the green status light blinked, just like normal. I thought maybe the earphones wree defective so tried a friend's. I turned the sound. Nothing. I've been trying all night to fix it. However, it will not let us restore it. This is beyond bizarre and I just want my iPod to work again (my sister's is working though. Grr.). Please, please help. I really miss listening to my musical stylings! As for everyone else, I'm really sorry that your shuffles aren't working as well. Did you try www.apple.com? It didn't work for me but maybe'll it will work you. Best of luck and I'm back to the grindstone...

Unregistered guest
Does any one know how to erase all of the songs on your ipod shuffle?, if so please tell me how.

Jakeman461
Unregistered guest
Ok alot of question were posting but ill answer then all. First off there is no way to reset your iPod to factory defaults. About not hearing your music, I need more info on your problem cause it could be alot of thing, Try wiping your iPod and putting the music on again. When the lights blink Green, Amber 3 times it is either a low battery or a locked iPod. If your sure its not the battery to unlock the iPod you have to run iTunes and have your Pod connect to it, If that doesnt work wipe your ipod then update it from itunes and re-upload your music

Username: Grudell

Shreveport, La Usa

Post Number: 1
OK I am reading these post's and I am having the same problem. I have tried everything!!!! I can load songs to the iPod shuffle but they will not play. I can take it from the laptop to my pc and the songs show to be there and will play on the PC but not on the ipod earphones.

Micah
Unregistered guest
I got My iPod shuffle yesterday and know how everything works...Its just that when I download songs onto it, it takes FOREVER untill the amber light stopps blinking. Its been there 4 like 5 hours and its still blinking...one of my friends said, "that means its not done downloading." Is that right?? Pleeze help meh! If u have any info. Leave a comment 4 MICAH

Micah
Unregistered guest
I got My iPod shuffle yesterday and know how everything works...Its just that when I download songs onto it, it takes FOREVER untill the amber light stopps blinking. Its been there 4 like 5 hours and its still blinking...one of my friends said, "that means its not done downloading." Is that right?? Pleeze help meh! If u have any info. Leave a comment 4 MICAH

Unregistered guest
rocket15 same here some one email me with info on how 2 ghet rid of this lighton the ipod shuffle

The problem is the staus lights green light wont go away it stays on as soon as i cut it on

bazal
Unregistered guest
help please, bought an ipod shuffle, when i plug it in to my computer, it comes up with new hardware and all that, my computer recognises a removable drive, but i can't access it. manual says that i tunes should recognise it but it doesnt.
i recieved this pod with no installation disc but i do have an installation disc for my nano, do i need a different installation disc???
if so where can i get one???

Unregistered guest
Hi I just got an I-pod shuffle for Christmas (2 months ago) and it was working fine up until now. I have charged the battery but it is already fully charged. The problem with my I-pod shuffle is that it keeps playing the same 4 songs over each time I turn it on (even on the shuffle mode) and then it just completely turns itself off. I try to press the play button again to make sure I haven't paused it but the green light just lights up and then shuts off. I have though been able to listen to a few of my other songs but again it still shuts off.
If you can please help me so that I don't have to buy a new I-pod.
Thanks--C. Please email me back if you can help me.

Unregistered guest
I have a problem with mine too one day it just stopped playing, computer recognizes it and everything and i put songs on but when I turn it on the light stays green and even when it turns off it stays green for about half a minute before going off, the battery light doesn't go on and it isn't my ear phones and the volume is on, not locked I don't know what it could be... :S help please

Anonymous

k my friggen ipod shuffle hasnt worked for months now. it was working fine. one day i plug it into the computer and.. no status light on the ipod nothing. and i tried it in my laptop. same thing.. it wont charge. even when i press the battery button on the back. nothing no light.
ive used it maybe three times.

nicolegrace
Unregistered guest
im having problems with my iPod shuffle. i have all the hardware loaded onto my computer, and i have a few songs loaded onto the iTunes, but i can't download anything onto the iPod, it says to put the playlist in the *iPod shuffle* folder in the *source* menu, but nothing shows up, all that happens whenever i plug my iPod in, is that the amber light keeps blinking. this happens EVERY time, for the whole time, sometimes it is plugged in for at least 12 hours. if anybody has any tips for me please e-mail me at Nmickey27@aol.com. please and thank you much..

aassdfghjklhf
Unregistered guest
mine shows the error signal an its not in hold mode i dont know how to make it work

heaven11
Unregistered guest
Help! i have the same problem with the blinking green and amber light, and every time i plug it in to the computer it gives me this "autoplay" dialog box with the little flashlight. i saw a few other people here with the same problem - did anyone find a solution?

nicolegrace
Unregistered guest
i got my iPod to work for downloading songs, but like rocket15, the green light will not go off the front, and my music will NOT play no matter what, i know that it isnt my headphones because they work in my cd player, so .... if anybody has any ideas on how to fix this please e-mail me at Nmickey27@aol.com

Jacker.
Unregistered guest
Sarah R.

This is either becuase the file type that is on the ipod is either invalid or not reconised

or the ipod simply has no songs on it

and when ejecting you ipod it whiped

it has happend a few times to be however i simply put the song's back on it and it worked.

if the computer is saying that song are actually on you ipod then use the format function located with a right click on itunes.

then it should work.

bmann
Unregistered guest
i have an ipod shuffle. it worked for a while. now it doesn't. it plugs in and charges and all of that, but when i take it out of the usb port it does nothing. i press the battery button on the back and it does not light up. However when i plug it in it is normal and the battery light is green. Does this mean the battery is dead?
b

bmann
Unregistered guest
i have an ipod shuffle. it worked for a while. now it doesn't. it plugs in and charges and all of that, but when i take it out of the usb port it does nothing. i press the battery button on the back and it does not light up. However when i plug it in it is normal and the battery light is green. Does this mean the battery is dead?
b

Unregistered guest
My ipod shuffle is autofilling, but when i try to listen to the songs, they are being shuffled. And i DO NOT have it on shuffle mode. I looked on my itunes and under the songs on my shuffle, and they are autofilled on there shuffled. I looked everywhere i could find anything to help me! I have no clue how to resolve the issue. Please help me!!! :'(

Quaiyxz
Unregistered guest
I got the songs in the right order, but now it won't autofill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unregistered guest
I've had my ipod shuffle for about 6 months and all of the sudden i got an error signal on it and it won't register on my computers usb drive. what do i do about this?

Unregistered guest
my shuffle turns on... and the green light stays on... and it doesnt play. but all the songs show up in iTunes. what the hell is this? help.

The Anarkist
Unregistered guest
to restory your factory defaults go to apple.com and download the ipod updater. u can then update the software on ur ipod to the latest version and restore factory defaults.

Luthien
Unregistered guest
my ipod shuffle just stopped playing from one side. Like.. either the right headphone will play or the left. it'll play both if the headphones aren't plugged all the way in. I was just sitting around and it started being weird like that. it's not the headphones because i cheked them with my laptop.

Anonymous

i have the same problems as the rest of u the green light stays on and will not play the songs i have put on it, this is my third ipod since november and they all go the same way

Anonymous

can you tell me what the different colored lights mean? whenever i turn it on, i press play to get it started, and it blink green amber green amber green amber! HELP
thanks
<3--me

Anonymous

can you tell me what the different colored lights mean? whenever i turn it on, i press play to get it started, and it blink green amber green amber green amber! HELP
thanks
<3--me

Anonymous

my ipod shuffle charges ( i think ) well, it blinks amber onn the back when it's in the computer for a while and then when i take it out and switch it on nothing, until i press the play button and both amber and green buttons show. i have tried to reset it but nothing

Anonymous

I-pod shuffle blinking amber/green. Will not mount when I try to install new version. Other sites indicated problem with USB ports on Dell Computers and said to try USB extensions. Has this worked?

Unregistered guest
Damn, I thought i was the only one with this problem. I thought i was going krazy. I brought some music from the itunes store and downloaded it to my shuffle and once i disconnected it, it wont work. That damn green light wont shut off! The only time it shuts off is when i turn it off. Can anyone give me some suggestions about this ipod????

ishuffles suk
Unregistered guest
man, when i first got an ipod i got it from a pwn shop and so i didn't kno anything-_-. i found a file called amandas ipod, so i thought by putting those songs in the file it would go directly to my ipod, i was wrong. once i learned that i needed itunes i downloaded it and amandas ipod file want directly to itunes, which u think is good, but there was nothing in the file, now all my fav song have dissaperaed, and i can't find it!!

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 5891
Tends to happen when you mess around with things you are absolutely clueless about. That's bad news...your fav songs are gone.

PC User
Unregistered guest
It's a piece of apple shite...

LeeGuest25
Unregistered guest
i hav the amber green error and it doesnt work on my pc and crashe when i try to format it :-( i only turned the thing off - help!

Unregistered guest
Someone from Apple really should read this site.

My shuffle has been dodgy ever since i got it, all those problems have come and gone, but now, it says there is no free space. There are no files on it, i made it 100% music in the options menu, and it lists no songs on it but claims there is 480mb used already.
Not only is the ipod crap but the help is also, 5 R's...6th one should be RETURN TO APPLE, which is what i'm gonna do!

AMmmmil
Unregistered guest
I have been having problems with my ipod shuffle. every time i plug it into my computer it says usb not recognized so now i cant insert my music into it

Anonymous

POSSIBLE SOLUTION: I have an ipod 30GB video and was having a problem starting it as well. someone told me to hold the middle button (round) and the play key (top) simultaneously for six seconds to reset (wake up) the ipod. AND it worked!!! not sure if this will work for the shuffle BUT worth a shot. GOOD LUCK!

caitlin
Unregistered guest
HELP. I've been having the same problem as a lot of you -

mine blinks green to amber green to amber, and then when I plug it in, iTunes usually would pop up, but it doesn't, now a box that says "autoplay" pops up.

This is extrememly frustrating and we need a solution!

islanderbaby13
Unregistered guest
my ipod shuffle has been working fine since ive had it but i put it in my computer to charge and when i took it out and pressed play it was blinking green and amber what do i do help!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous

i cant listen to any of my songs on my ipod shuffle and i donno wat to do to coz what ever i do nothing happens.

SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE!!!

Unregistered guest
i cant listen to any of my songs on my ipod shuffle and nothing happens...n i dunno wat 2 do...
PLEASE HELP ME!!

Riannon
Unregistered guest
Whenever my iPod shuffle gets to a certain song it just cuts off, but it will play all the other songs. If someone knows what I should do please let me know.
Thanks,
Riannon

ricaredo 12161990
Unregistered guest
If u have an ipod shuffle for more than 3 yers, the memory will erase itself. (trust me on this one !)

Anonymous

Hi!! I got my ipod for christmas and just a couple of days ago I added more songs and when I listened to it, it started skippong on every song.

Anonymous

Hi!! I got my ipod for christmas and just a couple of days ago I added more songs and when I listened to it, it started skipping on every song.

Unregistered guest
okay, my problem is that i can't even download songs onto my ipod. there is no "ipod thng" under the source menu, i don't know what to do. plz email at barrel_racergw@yahoo.com

Anonymous

I too had the solid green light problem but instead of whining on a forum i did a little searching and came up with this http://www.apple.com/ipod/download/. Go and download it. Restore your shuffle to factory settings. Make sure you backed up any music on it though because it will erase it. It should also fix any other problems.

Username: Rikrik

We all have similar issues. Mine is; the ipod shuffle has the flashing breen-amber-green-amber error. It IS detected as a removable device but is not accessible "due to a device error". It is also not showing on iTunes at all (so all that stuff about setting or unsetting it to hard-drive cannot be done). Everything I read leads to downloading the updater and resoring the ipod....tried this...the program either says that there is no ipod OR crashes in 'Initializing' and I can never get to press 'Restore'. I do not know what else to do. Can anyone help? Thanks

Username: Ismith

LeicesterUK

I have the problem of no lights on my iPod Shuffle. Its worked fine for just over 12 months but it seems not to want to do anything - it wont charge using the Apple usb charger.
No lights nothing. I've seen other people on here with the same problem but can't see an answer to any of them.

Has anyone had AND solved this problem - or is my shuffle dead?

Username: Th3foundation

Johnstown, Pa. United States

I just got a ipod shuffle today, and I downloaded songs successfully...
and I took out the ipod when it told me to when the songs were done loading into it...

But when I turn on the ipod shuffle the light stays green, and it won't play, or do anything, the light just stays green and won't do a single thing, tell me why it's doing this, and what i can do to make it work correctly?

Username: Nadine

hii can sum1 help me plz. i plug in my ipod shuffle and at the bottom of itunes there is no ipod signal at the bottom.in the source list at the left of itunes there is no ipod file get it. i have no idea what to do but i am gettin pissed coz it wont work :-( help me plzzzzzz

Username: Fulofjesus77

Watertown, NY United States

I am really confused. I just bought this ipod shuffle and it didn't come with any users guide or anything. I don't know anything i am supposed to do. I need help!! PLease contact me and let me know how to charge my ipod, clear songs, and import my new songs. I am clueless!!! PLease Help.

Username: T3t3

Or

hey, i got an ipod shuffle and it cant be seen by my pc. cant see it on itunes or anywhere really. help im about to throw it out

Username: Magster

Melbourne, Victoria Australia

I recently got my ipod. everything was working well. Now I can't download songs when I try the stupid quicktime cames up and won't let me donwload onto ipod. Plus the ipod icon has disappear in the source box and can't get it back. When I had working it downloaded ok then I put it in the recently added box and click on the ipod icon which automically updated the songs. And now it doesn't. Hope this makes sense because I am really desparate. All my songs I have recently downloaded doesn't exists but still plays on my ipod. I have 1mg nano apple i pod. Use to download find without the quicktime thing. I also downloaded the updated version of itunes.

Username: Lazybeggers

If the iPod can't be updated by the Apple update/restore software or iTunes and is not recognised, check out
www.lazybeggers.com/ipod/index.html - The Lazy Beggar's iPod Shuffle for a possible solution...

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11286
I want to know if this really works so our members can benefit from it.

Anyone having problems with their iPods and made it work by doing this, please post back :-)

Post Number: 2
Well yes, it worked for me! I spent a looonnnngggg time looking until I found the HP tool which was really useful. The free 98 driver is handy too if you use a lot of different sites for net access - I loved the iPod but didn't like iTunes at all...

Lyndon
The Lazy Beggars

Username: Danswan

i bought a ipod shuffle a few weeks ago now i cant play anything and itunes doesnt accept it either-has an error on it.what can i do???

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11325
return for replacement. They are cranking so many of these things nowadays, they will have QC issues.

Post Number: 3
Send it back to get a new one - It's what the warranty is for - although you can try the five Rs first :
http://www.apple.com/support/ipod/five_rs/

Lyndon

Username: Gadgetman

Thirsk, North yorkshire England

Hi sorry to hear you are all having probs with the ipod shuffle its an unbelievable size like a matchbox.
i suspect what the problem is that you peeps are entering the songs into the itunes library but not dragging them into your ipod so in itunes drag and drop the song/songs required into the heading shown for your ipod in the itunes list. it will show that the ipod is updating once finished it will say ok to disconnect then you can listen to your songs have fun merry christmas regards Sam aka gadgetman

Username: Pinkhorseofcourse

Geez, what a mess!! I just bought 3 iPod shuffles yesterday.. spent 9 hours during the night downloading iTunes, (slow dial up here). I got the songs I wanted onto iTunes and autofilled the first iPod, BUT the yellow/amber light is STILL blinking so I can't disconnect it. I have seen many people with the same problem, but from what I read, no one really addressed it. Any suggestions?? I am thinking I should have went with the Nanos... Grrr.. :K Please please will someone email me with a solution to this problem.. willowvalley@firewireinternet.com. Thanks so much!

Username: Sonux

Working Fix:

Download Winamp and the winamp ipod plug in.
Restart your computer.
Plug your ipod in.
Send songs to your ipod from winamp.

PS. you will notice that you can still use your ipod as a hard drive even when these lights are blinking, thus the problem is with iTunes and the incompetence of Apple's programmers.

Username: Chasi

Hey!
I've had an ipod shuffle for about a year now and I've never had any problems with it.

However, one day I discovered that my ipod shuffle would not be detected in any of my computer's USB ports.
I know it's nothing to do with my computer because I've triend the ipod in 3 other friend's laptops and no connection still.
My ipod's been dead for a few weeks now because it won't even charge. It's not broken because the low battery warning light comes on when I try to activate the ipod and goes off again after a second or so.

Anyone can help me please?;)

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14387
Have you tried using a different cable?

ive got shuffle 512mb without cable;)

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14393
Dude, that is one old shuffle!

Your battery probably exceeded its life expectancy and you need to replace it.

Post Number: 3
hmm but you know by the time it stopped being detected by computer i was still listening to the music(the battery light was green).

can you maybe tell me how to open that thing? its pretty old, so if i gonna brake it down completly, i wont feel to sorry about it;)

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14402
Well, you can find the seam and pry it apart.

Username: Sarah101

hii,
i recently brought my first ipod shuffle.
i put songs on it but when i turn it on nothing happens. it this because i didnt use itunes??

Diamond Member

Post Number: 15654
What program are you using?

Bronze Member
Username: Levelzero

Post Number: 17
Right, you must use iTunes to store your music on the ipod. Not saying it's the only software one can use, but it's the main software to use.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15731
True.

Username: Jessibee33

I have an ipod shuffle, and I recently bought a new tape adapter for my car. It has a car charger on it, and I tried to see if it would fit with the shuffle, or if it was just for the bigger ones. When I plugged it in, it was a little loose, and after that, my ipod stopped working. I don't know if it's a coincidence (I was having some problems with it before) or if I shorted it out somehow. Anyone have any ideas?

Username: Xxkemxx

heyy ((whitetoostie)) 1 way 2 erase ur songs from ur ipod shuffle iz 2 restore it like it says it der when u connect it & den on da top sayz settings den u restore it....ur not da only 1 havi problems wit diz mother f@#king ipod shufle everybody iz like mine yesterday turned on den after while turned off by itself den da next day i connected it & it didn want 2 be connected & den i did it da next day & it worked & now it doesnt work anymore& same thing happens.. :D

Username: Kaly0004

Okay.. so.. I'm having some major issues here. I got my ipod a few months ago.. and everything was working fine.. then randomly its being a jerk. There are a handful of songs that will cut off after the first 10-30 seconds or so but they play perfectly fine in iTunes. Also, I am hearing a lot of clicking and popping (like one would hear on an old and possibly dusty record) on a certain couple of songs. Again they are fine in iTunes.. Any suggestions? Please contact me at jennio13@hotmail.com

Thanks!!

Username: Ligaya08

I restored my Ipod shuffle for how many times because I am receiving the same prompt while autofilling it. It always says "attempting to copy to the disk ipod's name IP failed.the disk could not be read from or written to.
then I force pulled out the the ipod from the usb after an hour I try to plugged it again on the same USB port and computer but I don't receive any response neither from Itunes. there's a continuous green light only. It seems they dont detect the ipod anymore.. What will I do? please help me I need an answer immediately

Username: Ligaya08

please some one help me with this..
I restored my Ipod shuffle for how many times because I am receiving the same prompt while autofilling it. It always says "attempting to copy to the disk ipod's name IP failed.the disk could not be read from or written to.
then I force pulled out the the ipod from the usb after an hour I try to plugged it again on the same USB port and computer but I don't receive any response neither from Itunes. there's a continuous green light only. It seems they dont detect the ipod anymore.. What will I do? please help me I need an answer immediately..
please reply at ayagilyoj_08@yahoo.com.ph thanks

Username: Skate_boy284

I need help with my ipod shuffle, because my melted candy fell on it
and I cleaned it off and then dry it off for a week, then plugged in my ipod shuffle into the charger and it stays orange for a minute, then blinked then stopped. How do I find a way to fix it??

Username: Zreetzmart

hey guys, even i seem to have a problem with ma ipod tis a shuffle. used to work perfectly fine for bout a year. then now all of sudden,it's not getting connected to my computer.my computer doesnt even recognise it as a usb device.i'm irritated as hell.somebody please suggest a solution

Username: Chris_benjamin

hey guys i have an ipod shuffle for about a year and the most irritating thing is that when i had to format my ipod but i have got a solution you can backup & restore your data, tarnsfer you music, videos, images easily to a pc or other ipod
its safe

http://ipodtoitunes.net/

Username: Martynbraham

i have an IPOD shuffle and i bought a CD player that plays IPODs through it. Only IPOD shuffle doesnt seem to be compatible. Is there a connection I can get to play IPOD shuffle through it?

Username: Mandycoleman96

The charger that came with my ipod broke so i used a charger type thing and the voltage on the charger said 6,7.5 and 9 and so i tried all of them and when i unplugged it it wouldn't turn on. So i tried to plug it in to an original ipod charger and the light would flash orange for like a minute and stop and wouldn't sync to the computer and it won't charge or work for that matter. I really wan't to use it again so if anybody has any tips for me that would be great.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us