Syncing Ipod to "new" computer

Username: Niam1234

Post Number: 1
Your computer crashed and had to be reformatted?

Is there anyway to sync with my "new" computer, without deleting all the songs? Or is there a way to get all the songs off my iPod onto my "new" computer?

I have tried to manually drag them to my iPod and manually eject the iPod and nothing.

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 14092
You are going to need an iPod hack. iTunes does not allow you to transfer songs from your iPod to any computer, unless you are using it as an external hard drive.

Silver Member
Username: Philly306

Too mayn Noobs on E no..., North carolina

Post Number: 709
idump lets you put songs from ipod to your computer. not sure if its legal though

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 14096
I think that's one of the good hacks. Just be careful with those.

If you do not want to erase any of your song files on the iPod, just do a manual management of your iPod and never auto sync.

Username: Mymusic

Post Number: 6
your best bet is to use copytrans it's safe to use. I've transfered over 6000 of my ipod songs and playlists back to itunes. Actually, I had to rebuild my itunes library because I had to format my iPod, so that's why I used it. http://www.copytrans.net

Username: Adriany

Post Number: 5
Hi there. If all your songs were purchased from iTunes store, use "Transfer Purchases" option to transfer. See http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1329

If some of your songs were from other sources, like cds, you will need to utilize some iPod transfer program to help you, like this handy iPod to Computer transfer software.

Many of my friends are using it for its easy and safe transfer.

With just a few simple clicks, it will help you transfer all songs/videos from iPod to your selected folder on your computer, and then you can also easily add those files back to iTunes.
More importantly, this won't overwrite any original files on your iPod. And all song names are preserved.

Username: Cw999

How about giving this iPod music transfer program a try on your computer?
www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDVtLpWWjrs
Hope it works fine.

Username: Elmira

I suggest you apply a third party tool to sync iPod music to computer. As we all know, using iTunes to transfer songs is complicated and not convenient for users. I would introduce my way to copy songs from iPod to PC, and you should download the program on your computer first. Then connect iPod with USB cable. Choose songs to sync and then click "Export", choose the location you want to save your media files on the computer. And thing is done.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us